Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hockey fans?

7 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

THANKS Y'ALL! This don't even feel real!

Seriously Supe, I ain't tryna jinx it or nothing, but I legit am getting those 2006 Colts vibes from this team haha 

Find me a single person that picked a Caps Vegas finals back in October. Sports are crazy man. Hopefully the Colts do something randomly crazy like this in a few months too!

But till then, Go Caps!

This team has something special to it.  They've got tons of heart.  It reminds me so much of the 2006 Colts team.  The only thing that has me a little worried now is Marc-Andre Fleury being the Knights goalie.  He has too much experience crushing the hopes and dreams of Caps fans.  Hopefully this time around, it'll be different

9 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

This team has something special to it.  They've got tons of heart.  It reminds me so much of the 2006 Colts team.  The only thing that has me a little worried now is Marc-Andre Fleury being the Knights goalie.  He has too much experience crushing the hopes and dreams of Caps fans.  Hopefully this time around, it'll be different

Just like the 06 Colts, people are doubting this team for a reason or another before each matchup.

vs KC - Can’t stop the run

vs BAL - Can’t win tight defensive games

vs NE - Can’t beat the Pats 

vs CHI - Can’t play in the elements

vs CBJ - Can’t erase a deficit 

vs PIT - Can’t beat the Pens 

vs TB - Can’t win the big game 7

Now there’s one more.

vs VGK - Can they beat MAF?

13 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Just like the 06 Colts, people are doubting this team for a reason or another before each matchup.

vs KC - Can’t stop the run

vs BAL - Can’t win tight defensive games

vs NE - Can’t beat the Pats 

vs CHI - Can’t play in the elements

vs CBJ - Can’t erase a deficit 

vs PIT - Can’t beat the Pens 

vs TB - Can’t win the big game 7

Now there’s one more.

vs VGK - Can they beat MAF?

2005 Colts were stacked and heavy favourites, just like last year's Capitals

2006 Colts go into the playoffs pretty quietly and under the radar, just like this year's Caps

2006 Colts had some issues defensively entering the playoffs (stopping the run), just like this year's Caps (Holtby's play towards the end of the regular season)

2006 Colts turned that defensive weakness into a strength (run defenses stopped some of the league's best RBs), just like this year's Caps (Holtby has had some hiccups, but he's been exceptional overall, especially recently)

2006 Colts were facing questions about their head coach (Dungy is too soft), just like this year's Caps (Trotz can't win in the playoffs)

The franchise players in the championship for the Colts/Caps is an offensive legend (Manning/Ovie) facing off against a defensive beast (Urlacher/Fleury)

2006 Colts had to beat their number one nemesis to get to the championship, just like this year's Caps

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 6:41 AM, 21isSuperman said:

2005 Colts were stacked and heavy favourites, just like last year's Capitals

2006 Colts go into the playoffs pretty quietly and under the radar, just like this year's Caps

2006 Colts had some issues defensively entering the playoffs (stopping the run), just like this year's Caps (Holtby's play towards the end of the regular season)

2006 Colts turned that defensive weakness into a strength (run defenses stopped some of the league's best RBs), just like this year's Caps (Holtby has had some hiccups, but he's been exceptional overall, especially recently)

2006 Colts were facing questions about their head coach (Dungy is too soft), just like this year's Caps (Trotz can't win in the playoffs)

The franchise players in the championship for the Colts/Caps is an offensive legend (Manning/Ovie) facing off against a defensive beast (Urlacher/Fleury)

2006 Colts had to beat their number one nemesis to get to the championship, just like this year's Caps

Series tied 1-1. What a wild start.

but holy crap did you see that save Holtby made at the end? Unreal. I’m lost for words.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Series tied 1-1. What a wild start.

but holy crap did you see that save Holtby made at the end? Unreal. I’m lost for words.

Holtby is a God among men.  That was arguably the biggest save in Caps franchise history.  That 3rd period was giving me heart palpitations.  But I'm really glad the Caps stole home ice from Vegas.  Hopefully Kuzy can come back healthy and they can reel off 2 wins in DC

• Like 3

3 wins away Northern and now you have Home Ice Advantage, bring home the Championship. It would be pretty equivalent to the Cubs winning the WS in 2016 because the Caps have never won a Stanley Cup. Cubs hadn't won in 108 years until 2016 - just a super high for me! I have to admit I don't watch Hockey much but the Caps are a great story, I am rooting them. They are why I am watching. I have always known who Ovechkin is and he's one of the Greatest without a Title so I hope he gets one. Holtby's save was unbelievable, I look at the replay of it and still cant believe Vegas didn't score on that.

• Like 1

What the Knights have done this year has been incredible but it just seems like this is finally the year for the Caps. Ovechkin to me is kinda like the Peyton Manning of hockey. Couldn’t win the big game or get past his rival Crosby. Finally it looks like he will achieve something we have expected for so long. Happy for him.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

What the Knights have done this year has been incredible but it just seems like this is finally the year for the Caps. Ovechkin to me is kinda like the Peyton Manning of hockey. Couldn’t win the big game or get past his rival Crosby. Finally it looks like he will achieve something we have expected for so long. Happy for him.

His career reminds me a bit of Marian Hossa 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Ovi ya better Peyton Manning the crap outta this. 

1 win away. Finish em in 5. I am feeling emotions I have not felt since January 2007 haha 

THIS IS THE YEAR!!!

As fun as it would be to see them win on home ice, win game 5 and let Ovie hoist the cup

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Congrats, @NorthernBlue 

That was fantastic. You and the Caps deserve it. 

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@NorthernBlue enjoy, Congrats!

Omg this is so awesome. It’s unreal how similar this is to 2006 colts. Both those teams were weaker than previous years and no one gave em a shot and yet they shocked the world haha 

thanks guys. Never gonna forget this moment. This was awesome. Let’s hope Indy does something similar again, eh?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Omg this is so awesome. It’s unreal how similar this is to 2006 colts. Both those teams were weaker than previous years and no one gave em a shot and yet they shocked the world haha 

thanks guys. Never gonna forget this moment. This was awesome. Let’s hope Indy does something similar again, eh?

Yeah enjoy the moment. When the Colts won it all in 2006 and Cubs won it all 2016, I partied all night and couldn't sleep for 24 hours LOL. Sports is such an adrenaline rush when your favorite team wins it all after going years without doing so. I know what you are feeling.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah enjoy the moment. When the Colts won it all in 2006 and Cubs won it all 2016, I partied all night and couldn't sleep for 24 hours LOL. Sports is such an adrenaline rush when your favorite team wins it all after going years without doing so. I know what you are feeling.

Yeah just so awesome. You and I both know a thing or two about long droughts and great teams that struggled in the playoffs, eh? haha Thank god the memes on us are gone.

Gonna celebrate this for a bit. But then, lets hope the Colts can do something similar and the whole board can party. Can't wait for that day either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Yeah just so awesome. You and I both know a thing or two about long droughts and great teams that struggled in the playoffs, eh? haha Thank god the memes on us are gone.

Gonna celebrate this for a bit. But then, lets hope the Colts can do something similar and the whole board can party. Can't wait for that day either. 

Yes we do know :thmup:. Man if we can win a SB in 2 or 3 years with Andrew Luck at QB, I will have the same feelings again like in 2006 and 2016 - Cubs, like you had in 2006 and now in 2018 with the Caps. Congrats to Ovechkin too, guy is one of the best ever. Glad he got his Championship!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Eagles win their first Super Bowl

Caps win their first Stanley Cup

Astros win their first World Series

What's next?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

I hope your Vikes get one too. The colts aren’t exactly contenders so if we don’t get it done this year, I’m all in on

Minny.

dont think I can say the same bout the Mets tho haha 

Lol. I was not sure how to "react". Should I select "thank you" or "haha" or just "like" this. 

You and I must have been thinking along the same wavelength. I was going to reply earlier and tell you the Vikes are due before the Colts. The Vikes have never won despite having been to the SB four times and having a higher than normal number of players inducted into the Pro Football HoF. The Vikes and the Lions are the only NFC teams not to make it to the SB in the last 30 years. I am hopeful this season will be a good one. Thanks! 

As for the Mets, they are done. 

Congrats again. I can't wait to feel the same emotions of my team winning a championship.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/27/2018 at 3:55 PM, Statiik82 said:

Oilers fan here, Looking for 18-19 to be a better season and get some help for McJesus! 

I'm an Oilers fan too! They need a lot of help for McDavid. They've been doing better recently, but still need more help and talent.  The Blackhawks just fired Joel Quenneville, and I'd love to see him in Edmonton. Fire McLellan, fire Chiarelli (who I think is the worst GM in the league) and bring in Quenneville