Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tweet Translation Needed

Peyton and Eli fan

http://www.colts.com...c3-994f3eb0fdfd

Relevant quote:

“It’s like déjà vu like in 1998, starting off with a new general manager, a new head coach and a new quarterback,” said Arians. “It was so exciting to watch that process grow into what it has become. Now, to come back with a new GM and a new head coach, hopefully we have Peyton (Manning) back, I have my fingers crossed but possibly starting with another young one, it’s really exciting".

It says "possibly" starting with another young one, not there will be a new one.

Looks like Adam is twisting his words.

I can not stand Adam Schefter. He spews out more ^cowpatties^ than an actual bull. Its ridiculous. I believe he is also the one who tweeted that the Keith Butler was already hired as DC even though he hadn't been interviewed yet. Schefter is ridiculous, he is not a journalist and is no different than Rob Lowe even though Schefter has taken to making fun of Lowe. Both of them talk to sources and tweet things as the truth it is ridiculous. I wish there was another network that could challenge ESPN. Im tired of their made up stories and their assault on Journalism.

http://www.colts.com...c3-994f3eb0fdfd

Relevant quote:

“It’s like déjà vu like in 1998, starting off with a new general manager, a new head coach and a new quarterback,” said Arians. “It was so exciting to watch that process grow into what it has become. Now, to come back with a new GM and a new head coach, hopefully we have Peyton (Manning) back, I have my fingers crossed but possibly starting with another young one, it’s really exciting".

It says "possibly" starting with another young one, not there will be a new one.

Looks like Adam is twisting his words.

Exactly!

I've resolved not dealing with Adam Scehfter's (or anyone else's) tweets...

I think this tweet has a more shaded meaning:

Arians hopes, Manning would be back for next season, still team will have a new QB too, and there will be a new beginning for Colts (with Manning and new QB).

Possibly I'm too optimistic, but I read this tweet that way.

No need to get mad at schefter for this. I read his tweet just the way that Arians said it.

He hopes Manning is back.

There is going to a new QB which is exciting.

Well, Irsay said we're drafting a QB. So that's not really news. I don't think it meant or was implying that anything about Manning other than Arians hopes he's back.

Give the man a break, the mans just trying to make a living lol.. Adam puts words together sometimes but most of the times what he says comes to fruiton

I assume this was directed at me...there is a big difference between what Schefter tweeted and Arians said. The tweet and quote evoke completely different responses and boarder on having completely meanings. Responsible journalism should still exist on Twitter.

I assume this was directed at me...there is a big difference between what Schefter tweeted and Arians said. The tweet and quote evoke completely different responses and boarder on having completely meanings. Responsible journalism should still exist on Twitter.

Might just be me, but I didn't read it that way.

Now, I could certainly be wrong (it happened once)

Mate i did not direct that at anyone, i was speaking in general.. pretty much anyone that has an objective view from kravitz, adam, espn, announcer for sunday night football all get bashed because they have a different view or highlight a part of an article lol its their job...

On what Schefter did there he hi lighted the two most important parts of that quote.. one he hopes peyton will be back and that there will be a young QB on the colts roster this offseason.

I think there is more to this ladies and gentlemen.

You see, I took every letter, and applied it to my secret formula, and divided by 18. Obviously. Then I took the corresponding #'s and applied them to the ancient Mongolian alphabet, and what I discovered was something amazing. It said:

"So long and thanks for all the fish." Which means Mannings going to be a dolphin! As a QB, or in another life!

Seriously tho, I take it as Arians saying this team is moving forward with or without 18. I think we all hope with.

Mate i did not direct that at anyone, i was speaking in general.. pretty much anyone that has an objective view from kravitz, adam, espn, announcer for sunday night football all get bashed because they have a different view or highlight a part of an article lol its their job...

On what Schefter did there he hi lighted the two most important parts of that quote.. one he hopes peyton will be back and that there will be a young QB on the colts roster this offseason.

My apologies.

Schefter sensationalized what Arians said to the point that it twisted the meaning: 1) he used quotes around the statement, making it seem like that is exactly what Arians said to the casual observer; 2) the first sentence is an accurate paraphrase (which still would not need quotes), and the second sentence is not; 3) the language Schefter did use in the second sentence--"new QB and new beginning"-- was never used by Arians and directly implies Manning being gone, which Arians' did not do. He took a very diplomatic and reasonable quote from Arians about the situation and turned it into part of the current ESPN narrative. This is bad journalism (e.g., inaccurate reporting), and what actually happens in the end between the Colts and PM has absolutely no bearing on whether or not this is bad journalism. If you think Schefter twisting our new OC's words to make it sound like he and the rest of the organization are pushing PM out the door for a "new QB and new beginning" is fine, then let's please just agree to disagree.

You know what kills me? Not the tweeting by Irsay or Shefter... but the constant interpretation and reinterpretation of what these people are tweeting by everyone else!! It's like the dang phone game!

Original Statement "I hope Peyton Manning comes back. But there will also be a new QB to work with, its exciting."

Statement after the tweeting and interpretation "I hope Peyton Manning joins the NY Jets so Rex Ryan will finally shut up and the Colts draft RGIII because he is mobile, and its exciting to watch a mobile QB...."

Its ridiculous! Chill out people, have a coke and a smile and wait for Manning and Irsay to make an official statement!

My apologies.

Schefter sensationalized what Arians said to the point that it twisted the meaning: 1) he used quotes around the statement, making it seem like that is exactly what Arians said to the casual observer; 2) the first sentence is an accurate paraphrase (which still would not need quotes), and the second sentence is not; 3) the language Schefter did use in the second sentence--"new QB and new beginning"-- was never used by Arians and directly implies Manning being gone, which Arians' did not do. He took a very diplomatic and reasonable quote from Arians about the situation and turned it into part of the current ESPN narrative. This is bad journalism (e.g., inaccurate reporting), and what actually happens in the end between the Colts and PM has absolutely no bearing on whether or not this is bad journalism. If you think Schefter twisting our new OC's words to make it sound like he and the rest of the organization are pushing PM out the door for a "new QB and new beginning" is fine, then let's please just agree to disagree.

ehhh its cool, well i think people read too much into words.. i try to read every report no matter how leftist or negative they are.. Adam schefter isnt pushing anything he doesnt have an agenda when it comes to the colts.. reporters do that all the time so im not surprised..... any person that just glances at the two quotes will think they are the same, one just goes into depth.

You know what kills me? Not the tweeting by Irsay or Shefter... but the constant interpretation and reinterpretation of what these people are tweeting by everyone else!! It's like the dang phone game!

Original Statement "I hope Peyton Manning comes back. But there will also be a new QB to work with, its exciting."

Statement after the tweeting and interpretation "I hope Peyton Manning joins the NY Jets so Rex Ryan will finally shut up and the Colts draft RGIII because he is mobile, and its exciting to watch a mobile QB...."

Its ridiculous! Chill out people, have a coke and a smile and wait for Manning and Irsay to make an official statement!

Exactly! Journalists on sports networks these days seem to be more about getting stuff to trend on twitter than actually taking the time to investigate and write real stories. I took journalism in college (though I never worked in the industry), and we would've been failed and/or kicked out of school for pulling the same nonsense I've seen coming out of both NFLN and ESPN the last few weeks. Shameful! What a total lack of journalistic integrity.

Colts.com reports the quote as this:

“It’s like déjà vu like in 1998, starting off with a new general manager, a new head coach and a new quarterback,” said Arians. “It was so exciting to watch that process grow into what it has become. Now, to come back with a new GM and a new head coach, hopefully we have Peyton (Manning) back, I have my fingers crossed but possibly starting with another young one, it’s really exciting.

And ESPN reports the quote as this:

"It's kind of like deja vu. It's scary," Arians said in a conference call. "There is a new general manager and a new coach. Hopefully Peyton can come back and get ready to go. But, there will be a new quarterback and a new beginning. It's exciting."

So Shefter did, in fact, tweet what he heard from ESPN. Maybe I'm being over analytic, but there is a big difference between the two, imo.

Exactly! Journalists on sports networks these days seem to be more about getting stuff to trend on twitter than actually taking the time to investigate and write real stories. I took journalism in college (though I never worked in the industry), and we would've been failed and/or kicked out of school for pulling the same nonsense I've seen coming out of both NFLN and ESPN the last few weeks. Shameful! What a total lack of journalistic integrity.

You can get away with stuff on twitter..

'Shifty' :spit: Schfeter ran a little game on the public there...

I've resolved not dealing with Adam Scehfter's (or anyone else's) tweets...

I think this tweet has a more shaded meaning:

Arians hopes, Manning would be back for next season, still team will have a new QB too, and there will be a new beginning for Colts (with Manning and new QB).

Possibly I'm too optimistic, but I read this tweet that way.

That's exactly what he meant. Adam is lacking logic apparently. It would be so stupid for the OC to write anything different.