Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts hire Chris Ballard as GM [Merge]

MTC

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

His days are probably numbered. He may be the Coach in 2017 but if he doesn't win the Division and win a Playoff game I would bet he's gone. I have to give Irsay huge credit here, he isn't messing around and doesn't tolerate losing. I really didn't think he would fire Grigson to begin with.

I agree.  I've been very vocally critical of Irsay, but I think he's made some necessary (and unexpected) changes which are good for the future of the team.  I don't agree with keeping Pagano for another year, especially since it'll likely mean another year of not winning games we should, but I think the arrow is pointing up

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great hire for Irsay! One of the best GM candidates for some time and a well respected front office manager. If everything I read about him is true, he should have no problem assembling a very good scouting staff on a short basis to begin preparing for the combine and draft.

Irsay wanted a long term solution at GM, and Ballard just might be the guy to build up the trenches on both Offense and Defense as well as building up the defense in general!

12 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

He was "banging on the table" for Charles Tillman, and he had a part in drafting Marcus Peters. I think he's gonna snag one of the nicer corner prospects in the 2nd this year. 

If Marshon Lattimore is at all at play for the Colts, I could see Ballard falling in love with that guy. Dude is such a fluid corner and could be the next great CB in the NFL.

In the 2nd and 3rd rounds, I like Gareon Conley, Jourdan Lewis, Quincy Wilson, and Kevin King.

11 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I agree.  I've been very vocally critical of Irsay, but I think he's made some necessary (and unexpected) changes which are good for the future of the team.  I don't agree with keeping Pagano for another year, especially since it'll likely mean another year of not winning games we should, but I think the arrow is pointing up

Got to wonder what would qualify as a job saving season for Pagano. I'm not sure they can fill all these holes on defense in one offseason. I'm not even overly optimistic they will do much better than 8-8, maybe 10-6 if everything comes together. 

Just now, mahagga73 said:

Got to wonder what would qualify as a job saving season for Pagano. I'm not sure they can fill all these holes on defense in one offseason. I'm not even overly optimistic they will do much better than 8-8, maybe 10-6 if everything comes together. 

Since reports are that Ballard wants Toub, I'd say the bar for Pagano to meet is pretty high.  My guess is at least 12 wins and making the AFCCG

1 minute ago, mahagga73 said:

We play the NFC West and AFC North, so a good chance we win 5 outside the division. Then, we have 1 game vs the mighty Bills and 1 vs the Broncos, we probably get 1 of those. Then 4 inside the division and 10 games should be easily doable.

22 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I wonder what this means for Pagano.  Is the writing on the wall for him that this is his last season?

I just don't understand. Based on the reports, it seems like Pagano would know that he isn't preferred. And will likely be replaced. I would hate to be a coach in that scenario. 

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

Since reports are that Ballard wants Toub, I'd say the bar for Pagano to meet is pretty high.  My guess is at least 12 wins and making the AFCCG

Basically they kept around a coach that must perform miracles , makes no sense.  

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

I just don't understand. Based on the reports, it seems like Pagano would know that he isn't preferred. And will likely be replaced. I would hate to be a coach in that scenario. 

It just makes little sense. These scenarios always end up badly it seems like. 

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

I agree.  As much as I don't like Pagano as a coach, I think that's unfair to him if that's really the case

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

We play the NFC West and AFC North, so a good chance we win 5 outside the division. Then, we have 1 game vs the mighty Bills and 1 vs the Broncos, we probably get 1 of those. Then 4 inside the division and 10 games should be easily doable.

That pathetic excuse for a defense better improve like nobody's business. 

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Pay me a few million dollars and I would be JUST FINE being in that scenario. They would have to come to a buyout agreement anyways, so the ball is in my court if I am Chuck. Why leave a few mil. on the table that my family could use in that scenario?

1 minute ago, Coltfreak said:

some of you are setting yourself up if he doesnt work out.  Dont forget your stance now when a lot of you are just saying he has to be better than Grigson  

Do many of you really know what he brings to the table??

His resume spanning several organizations is deeper than Grigson's resume coming in, there in lies our confidence, misplaced or not only time will tell.