Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike And Mike This Morning

jwilli69

If Peyton and Mr. Irsay don't get this worked out. I will cry and throw up.

I feel like my best friend is telling me my wife told his wife that she is going to cheat on me at a party after the SB. She has her eyes on another guy. After an almost perfect 15 year marriage, I can't believe what I'm hearing. He says, sneak into the party she is going to after the SB and see for myself. God, I hope he's wrong....Until then, my stomach will stay in knots.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What team do you think knows more about Peyton's health than the Colts, and do you really believe that team wants to spend money on a 36 year old maybe that will have to learn a new system? I've yet to hear any convincing argument as to why the Colts aren't the best fit for Peyton Manning. They clearly are in just about every possible way, and the money argument has no basis unless you somehow know what the teams plans are for the long list of FA.

I'm saying that if they have made the decision to move on from Peyton (I hope not), then it's in their best interest to win the PR battle by letting it slip out that he isn't doing well - whether that's reality or not. If they are moving on from Peyton (I hope not), then they would probably love for him to retire rather than move on to another team. I don't trust "sources close to Peyton".

If Peyton and Mr. Irsay don't get this worked out. I will cry and throw up.

I feel like my best friend is telling me my wife told his wife that she is going to cheat on me at a party after the SB. She has her eyes on another guy. After an almost perfect 15 year marriage, I can't believe what I'm hearing. He says, sneak into the party she is going to after the SB and see for myself. God, I hope he's wrong....Until then, my stomach will stay in knots.

Wow! Some of you people really need to get your priorties straight.

I'm saying that if they have made the decision to move on from Peyton (I hope not), then it's in their best interest to win the PR battle by letting it slip out that he isn't doing well - whether that's reality or not. If they are moving on from Peyton (I hope not), then they would probably love for him to retire rather than move on to another team. I don't trust "sources close to Peyton".

Yes, exactly.

And the other side of the coin is true as well. If Peyton wants the Colts to pay him the option bonus, then it's in his best interest to win the PR battle by letting it slip out that he is getting better to the point that he is encouraged that he can play at the same pre-injury level- whether that's reality or not.

Look I am not going to lie. I love Peyton Manning and I am beyond grateful for what he has done for this team and this city. However, I see Peyton Manning for about three hours a week on a television for about a half an hour or once or twice a year in a stadium. I am not going to pretend to feel some kinda close bound to him and that him not being a Colt would ruin my life.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want him to leave. I don't want to see him released and playing for someone else. I would hate to see it all happen. With that said as someone who has lost a family member in the past year to death (not that anyone was saying that losing Peyton Manning would be like that) I am sure I'll move on from it.

I've said this before about football and I think it's worth repeating. If the Colts losing Peyton Manning is truly the worst thing going on in your life be grateful. You have a good life.

With that said I understand people being upset. No one likes the idea of him leaving and I agree as a sports fan this has to be in the running for the single worst sporting year in history a fanbase has ever had to go threw. It is just a sport though. Nothing wrong with posting on an internet forum for football though that you don't like the move or you think it's a mistake or that you wish it didn't have to come to that. Those are going to be normal reactions. I am just seeing a few people in my opinion going over the top with it and I am just suggesting maybe it's worth it to keep things in perspective here.

Yes, exactly.

And the other side of the coin is true as well. If Peyton wants the Colts to pay him the option bonus, then it's in his best interest to win the PR battle by letting it slip out that he is getting better to the point that he is encouraged that he can play at the same pre-injury level- whether that's reality or not.

Very true.

I do love the matter of fact posts that discount others with nothing more than you are wrong I am right posts. You say it is innacurate and he will not go to those places, Why/whynot? Again, mine is opinion and nothing more than that. Please don't come off as yours is fact and not expect a challenge on your post. BTW, what makes you believe Manning would not go to Tennessee? And Dallas before Arizona, WTH?

There are many variables you need to look at, salary cap, staff, Peyton's relationship with someone in the organization, and most of all the ability to win a championship! Tennessee offers nothing but memories to Peyton, not a team that is going to compete. I would only see Houston in the afc south and again that is a reach, but that's because they are ready to win. Az would need to spend serious money on the offensive line and defense to be championship worthy.

There are many variables you need to look at, salary cap, staff, Peyton's relationship with someone in the organization, and most of all the ability to win a championship! Tennessee offers nothing but memories to Peyton, not a team that is going to compete. I would only see Houston in the afc south and again that is a reach, but that's because they are ready to win. Az would need to spend serious money on the offensive line and defense to be championship worthy.

Wait a minute, according to many here(including you I think), Manning makes any team an instant super bowl contender. I mean, I see that posted time and time again here, so why wouldn't he be able to go anywhere he wanted without consideration for any of those other "variables" you mention?

Letting it slip out that he isn't doing well is bad PR if you don't know it to be true and Peyton proves it untrue.

Look I am not going to lie. I love Peyton Manning and I am beyond grateful for what he has done for this team and this city. However, I see Peyton Manning for about three hours a week on a television for about a half an hour or once or twice a year in a stadium. I am not going to pretend to feel some kinda close bound to him and that him not being a Colt would ruin my life.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want him to leave. I don't want to see him released and playing for someone else. I would hate to see it all happen. With that said as someone who has lost a family member in the past year to death (not that anyone was saying that losing Peyton Manning would be like that) I am sure I'll move on from it.

I've said this before about football and I think it's worth repeating. If the Colts losing Peyton Manning is truly the worst thing going on in your life be grateful. You have a good life.

With that said I understand people being upset. No one likes the idea of him leaving and I agree as a sports fan this has to be in the running for the single worst sporting year in history a fanbase has ever had to go threw. It is just a sport though. Nothing wrong with posting on an internet forum for football though that you don't like the move or you think it's a mistake or that you wish it didn't have to come to that. Those are going to be normal reactions. I am just seeing a few people in my opinion going over the top with it and I am just suggesting maybe it's worth it to keep things in perspective here.

I ment about a half a year not half a hour.

There are 14 or 15 FA contracts to do before you know if you can afford Peyton, and it wouldn't be a big shock if the new coaches think some of those contracts are a waste

Then you have to replace those guys with others that would be upgrades if the coaches deemed the others a "waste". Where's that money gonna come from?

Wake me up March 8th... until then there will be so much junk by the media, who all know they have "the" scoop on Manning. When Manning or Irsay announce something, then we will know for sure- the rest is just talking heads talking (meaningless drivel).

If he is healthy though, I would expect that he will pull on the Colts blue next season, lest Mr Irsay be found a liar "if Peyton is healthy he will be playing for the Colts". Besides, if I was Coach Pagano- knowng that every NFL coach is on a short leash, would I not want a healthy PM playing for me?

Then you have to replace those guys with others that would be upgrades if the coaches deemed the others a "waste". Where's that money gonna come from?

The draft and other less expensive FA's on the market. Every year most teams keep most of the players they really want regardless of where they are cap wise, that's what GM's do.

The draft and other less expensive FA's on the market. Every year most teams keep most of the players they really want regardless of where they are cap wise, that's what GM's do.

What im saying is, if they see other guys contracts a waste, then why would they replace those players with other guys who were at the same skill level? They would obviously want upgrades to those players which would cost more money.

Wait a minute, according to many here(including you I think), Manning makes any team an instant super bowl contender. I mean, I see that posted time and time again here, so why wouldn't he be able to go anywhere he wanted without consideration for any of those other "variables" you mention?

He would, I think the #1 priority of mannings if on another team and healthy to play football is going to be about winning championships. There are variables and reasons that would make some landing places more appealing than others.

Right... The bottom line here is that IF Manning were 100% healthy there would be NO debate as to his future. But he IS NOT, It's just smart business to part ways. The combination of Manning's health, the pending bonus, and the opportunity to draft Luck = the path Indy is on.

What im saying is, if they see other guys contracts a waste, then why would they replace those players with other guys who were at the same skill level? They would obviously want upgrades to those players which would cost more money.

What I'm saying is the new crew thinks the old crew did a terrible job of evaluating and believe, which I do, that they can upgrade or at least maintain for less. It's the kind of thing successful GM'S do to keep their most valuable assests evry year.

Would you make a 28m dollar commitment to player that "may" or "may not" play come Sept.? I wouldn't, and neither will Irsay.

Would you leave your team with no winning option at QB other than a hope, when one of the most driven and successful players of all time says he expects to play?

If he's 70-80% and improving on March 8th you keep him

No you don't, for one thing there is no way of predicting whether he keeps improving or not. Virtually every doctor interviewed on the subject has said as much. Its easy to spend other peoples money for some of you I guess. This is so simple I really can not understand why so many people are having such a difficult time comprehending this.

Who exactly is hating Manning? Just because some people have excepted that the Colts may very well move on without him, don't mean people hate Manning. Thats just another over exageration trying to make people out to be something they are not. I have excepted that the Colts are probably moving on, but I absolutely do not hate Manning. Im just ready to see how the new Colts era is gonna go. Im excited about the new staff and the new direction.

I would SO love to see Peyton and Reggie and Jeff with the Colts offense PLUS a Ravens/Steelers type defense! That's my idea of football nirvana!

Because people believe Peyton can and will play, and that he will make the team a contender like he always has.

What people? Peyton and some fans! Of course Peyton thinks he will still be able to play, that don't mean anything. Just like people say they won't believe anything till they hear it from Peyton, Im not believing anything till I hear his doctors say he is 100% healed and ready to go. Im sure Irsay is expecting the same thing if he's going to pay out a 28 mil dollar bonus.

Peyton is a known quantity, even at less than 100% he's a better bet than anyone currently on the roster, and anyone who's never played a down in the NFL.

Whatever you say, Im betting that Irsay will not pay that bonus unless he is reassured and then reassured again that Manning is 100% healed, and Im betting again, that will not happen.