Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike And Mike This Morning

jwilli69

Just got done watching a segment of M&M and of course the topic is where might PM go when/if he is cut next week (from Schefter's mouth). They went through a bunch of places with Arizona fitting the bill of what Manning would be looking for. They mentioned Seattle but dismissed that being someplace he would like to go, not sure why thats the case. Here is what I see:

AFC North- I just can't see him wanting to finish up a career in any of those citys with possibly the exception of Baltimore and I think Baltimore would be wise to stick with Flacco in the long term rather than flirt with a short term Manning trial. No way in Cleveland and the other 2 teams are set at QB.

AFC East- Again, I can't see him going to play 2 games a year against the Pats for the division win. I don't think it will be good to have both Mannings in New York either so I don't see that working out well. Also a lot of outdoor cold games to be played, who wants that?

AFC South- Houston has a very good QB now, Jax won't spend that kinda money IMO to get him but would be interesting although they too have kinda been in rebuild mode for awhile now and MJD is aging. Tennessee, well I think this is the place to go if he goes anywhere and will discuss at the end.

AFC West- Chargers have a probowl QB now so no. Radiers are the raiders and have a lot of money and 1st round picks lost to their qb's now so I don't see that a place he would choose. Denver could be a dark horse landing spot if behind the scenes, the bosses really understand that Tebow is barely good enough to keep them in games at best but is a marketing tool. So is Peyton and he is a winner on and off the field. KC would be an intriguing landing spot as well. They have a very nice structure their. Good RB, nice defense, players coach, history of football etc...

NFC North-Green Bay, why discuss it.NO! No to Detroit, very solid QB already in place. Chicago could happen but again, your playing a lot of outdoor cold games and the Bears have a disfunctional front office/owner situation IMO. Minny, MEH, I just could imagine it but it is a possibility. He could have Charlie Johnson protecting his blindside again :)

NFC East-No way does he play on any team that could upstage his little brother, not at this stage in his career. No way!

NFC South-Tampa Bay is the only spot I could see him landing, the other teams have their guy already in place. That team seems to be a cesspool of talent though IMO. Don't see it.

NFC West-I could see any one of these 4 teams bidding for his services but only Arizona and San Fran having PM taking a serious look. St. Louis is a mess and I wouldn't want to spend my last 3-4 years trying to resurrect a team in order to acheive the pinnacle of his sport, a SB win. I guess I could see Seattle putting a serious push for him. Owner has the money if he wants to pay it, the team overall seems workable and we have all seen what a healthy PM can do for a garbage team.

So my overall thought is Tennessee would be the team, if offered, that Manning would choose to go to. 1) its his home away from home and look at his worship from his college days. He would own the town day 1. 2) That defense is solid 3) he has a good oline there 4) a top shelf (weird) RB 5) and just an organization that would bend over backwards for him. I cant believe talking heads have not even mentioned this stop as a posibility.

1. Tennesee

2. KC

3 San Fran

4. Arizona

5. Seattle

6. Tampa

7. Minny

8. Chicago

9. Jets

10. Miami

Thats my list in order but I am hopeful the number one destination is either Indy or retired as a Colt!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have been talking all morning as if he will be released next week. I have to agree with them that Arizona seems like the best fit for Peyton. Fitzgerald, maybe add Reggie Wayne. They are just a QB away from the playoffs and the 49ers pass defence was shredded in the playoffs.

This is gonna start a whole other "Schefter's just making stuff up" thread.

Some people are not going to believe Manning will be cut till they see him on TV himself saying "Me and the Colts decided to part ways" and even then, some are so delusional that they still won't believe it.

Im not sure any team is going to drop a dime on Peyton until it can be proven that he is 100% healthy and its hard telling when that will happen. Some of these teams mentioned may have already settled on their QB by the time Peyton is healthy.

I don't know if Peyton will be released next week but it won't surprise me in the least if it's within the next couple of weeks. I think its a foregone conclusion he will not be here and I think Peyton is well aware of it too.

Its becoming increasingly obvious that Manning is already healthy and ready to roll. He is training his butt off and has been throwing since before the season ended. It seems that regardless of this, Irsay wants Luck and a stronger defense instead.

Its becoming increasingly obvious that Manning is already healthy and ready to roll. He is training his butt off and has been throwing since before the season ended. It seems that regardless of this, Irsay wants Luck and a stronger defense instead.

Huh, what??? I don't think thats obvious to anybody.

As I watched that I thought...........so much for Manning asking the media to focus on the SB.

They just started talking about him EVEN MORE

That is exactly what I thought as well ... they would state Manning was a professional and did not want to be the focus here in Indy, yet they almost always out of breaks lead with Manning and not the SB.

You come to this conclusion by???? If he is healthy, he is the starter for the Indianapolis Colts. There would be so much egg on Irsay's face if Manning was 100% healthy and playing on any other team. This team can improve enough on defense and with a healthy Manning, we know what he can do so if Manning is moved out, he is not progressing in his "training his butt off" and he is deemed to not improve enough to be at a elite NFL QB arm status. We know the head, the heart, the desire and his cement feet are always going to be at the highest level but if his weapon, his right arm will not allow him to make all the NFL throws again, only a team who wants to use his name for marketing would sign him to a contract that Mannings name would command.

- he was throwing with "good velocity" around week 15-16 after practice

- he is throwing to the equipment guys at the moment as there is no one else to throw to

- AV said he is training hard

- ESPN said he is in the Colts facility every day training as hard as ever

- From his interview yesterday most people took away that he will be playing SOMEWHERE next season

- He is at no more risk of hurting his neck than any other QB in any game

- The only reason he has not been cleared already is so he can use the Colts facilities and trainers to train (some weird NFL rule)

- His rehab is going as planning according to the doctors. Many guys have come back from this injury that play far more physical positions than QB.

Cmon its not hard to connect the dots here. Manning will be under center on opening day - I hope its with the Colts.

I absolutely love Peyton Manning. Possibly one of my favorite sports athletes of all time but is anyone else getting just a little sick of all the speculation? 2 days ago he was all but retired. Today he's going to be a cardinal. Heck, a few weeks ago people were suggesting him for GM (double face palm). I'm just ready for a decision to be made soon so we can move on.

why is there so much manning hate now here? he is still a colts is he not? and until irsay and manning say otherwise he will be a colt. just to let you guys remember the same people that say manning is done is the same people that swore up and down favre was gonna play in the 2011 season and we all know how that went dont we?

I absolutely love Peyton Manning. Possibly one of my favorite sports athletes of all time but is anyone else getting just a little sick of all the speculation? 2 days ago he was all but retired. Today he's going to be a cardinal. Heck, a few weeks ago people were suggesting him for GM (double face palm). I'm just ready for a decision to be made soon so we can move on.

This is one thing I can agree with. I just wish they would get it over with because I fully expect the Colts to move on without Manning. I know they are waiting till after the super bowl for 1 thing, but if indeed they are going to release him, I just hope they do it next week so people can go through their grieving process, jump off the bandwagon, or whatever they need to do to move on.

Just got done watching a segment of M&M and of course the topic is where might PM go when/if he is cut next week (from Schefter's mouth). They went through a bunch of places with Arizona fitting the bill of what Manning would be looking for. They mentioned Seattle but dismissed that being someplace he would like to go, not sure why thats the case. Here is what I see:

AFC North- I just can't see him wanting to finish up a career in any of those citys with possibly the exception of Baltimore and I think Baltimore would be wise to stick with Flacco in the long term rather than flirt with a short term Manning trial. No way in Cleveland and the other 2 teams are set at QB.

AFC East- Again, I can't see him going to play 2 games a year against the Pats for the division win. I don't think it will be good to have both Mannings in New York either so I don't see that working out well. Also a lot of outdoor cold games to be played, who wants that?

AFC South- Houston has a very good QB now, Jax won't spend that kinda money IMO to get him but would be interesting although they too have kinda been in rebuild mode for awhile now and MJD is aging. Tennessee, well I think this is the place to go if he goes anywhere and will discuss at the end.

AFC West- Chargers have a probowl QB now so no. Radiers are the raiders and have a lot of money and 1st round picks lost to their qb's now so I don't see that a place he would choose. Denver could be a dark horse landing spot if behind the scenes, the bosses really understand that Tebow is barely good enough to keep them in games at best but is a marketing tool. So is Peyton and he is a winner on and off the field. KC would be an intriguing landing spot as well. They have a very nice structure their. Good RB, nice defense, players coach, history of football etc...

NFC North-Green Bay, why discuss it.NO! No to Detroit, very solid QB already in place. Chicago could happen but again, your playing a lot of outdoor cold games and the Bears have a disfunctional front office/owner situation IMO. Minny, MEH, I just could imagine it but it is a possibility. He could have Charlie Johnson protecting his blindside again :)

NFC East-No way does he play on any team that could upstage his little brother, not at this stage in his career. No way!

NFC South-Tampa Bay is the only spot I could see him landing, the other teams have their guy already in place. That team seems to be a cesspool of talent though IMO. Don't see it.

NFC West-I could see any one of these 4 teams bidding for his services but only Arizona and San Fran having PM taking a serious look. St. Louis is a mess and I wouldn't want to spend my last 3-4 years trying to resurrect a team in order to acheive the pinnacle of his sport, a SB win. I guess I could see Seattle putting a serious push for him. Owner has the money if he wants to pay it, the team overall seems workable and we have all seen what a healthy PM can do for a garbage team.

So my overall thought is Tennessee would be the team, if offered, that Manning would choose to go to. 1) its his home away from home and look at his worship from his college days. He would own the town day 1. 2) That defense is solid 3) he has a good oline there 4) a top shelf (weird) RB 5) and just an organization that would bend over backwards for him. I cant believe talking heads have not even mentioned this stop as a posibility.

1. Tennesee

2. KC

3 San Fran

4. Arizona

5. Seattle

6. Tampa

7. Minny

8. Chicago

9. Jets

10. Miami

Thats my list in order but I am hopeful the number one destination is either Indy or retired as a Colt!!

It's funny u post this cause I was listening too and thinking about doing the same. But mine thread would have been about how it was only yesterday they were all saying how Peyton was done and won't ever play again and at 36 he needs to hang it up, today he's like Lebron James choosing where he wants to go. They don't want Peyton to stay in Indy cause they won't anything to talk about...

The SB is in 4 days and Peyton came out and said what he felt, yet these jokers are still talking about this, do what I did turn the station...

Espn= pathetic

why is there so much manning hate now here? he is still a colts is he not? and until irsay and manning say otherwise he will be a colt. just to let you guys remember the same people that say manning is done is the same people that swore up and down favre was gonna play in the 2011 season and we all know how that went dont we?

Who exactly is hating Manning? Just because some people have excepted that the Colts may very well move on without him, don't mean people hate Manning. Thats just another over exageration trying to make people out to be something they are not. I have excepted that the Colts are probably moving on, but I absolutely do not hate Manning. Im just ready to see how the new Colts era is gonna go. Im excited about the new staff and the new direction.

- he was throwing with "good velocity" around week 15-16 after practice Marvin Harrison was ready to play any game a few years ago too and he never really played again, at least not to his standards. He too was known to have been running and looking good.

- he is throwing to the equipment guys at the moment as there is no one else to throw to And this means what??

- AV said he is training hard I too believe he is traning as hard as he can, doesn't mean he is healthy to where he has to be.

- ESPN said he is in the Colts facility every day training as hard as ever ESPN also felt Manning would play come opening day last year, they were right of course....oh wait.....

- From his interview yesterday most people took away that he will be playing SOMEWHERE next season If I was putting money on someone to come back from this out of sheer determination and desire, it would be Manning but him saying he will be ready and him actually doing it is two very separate things.

- He is at no more risk of hurting his neck than any other QB in any game Not even really being discussed by anyone anymore, maybe at the very begining but really not even an issue here, its the arm strength and the nerve. period!!

- His rehab is going as planning according to the doctors. Many guys have come back from this injury that play far more physical positions than QB. You are right, many have come back from this in other positions and played but not ONE QB has had this and since its the strength of the arm in a QB that makes his game what it is, the nerve and strength is the most important factor. Others have to run and tackle or catch, A QB has to throw the ball hard, fast and accurate to succeed in the NFL. If he can't throw with the velocity he once did, he becomes a liability to the team and DB's will be all over his balls.

Cmon its not hard to connect the dots here. Manning will be under center on opening day - I hope its with the Colts.

So yes, it is hard to connect the dots and until Manning or Irsay comes out definatively with what will happen, nobody will know. Nothing is certain here. If he was throwing balls at regular velocity and doing eveything up to par, don't you think that wouldn't be getting talked up way more than all this specualation about his demise?

Its not hate, it is discussion. Please please please, point me one, just one post that states or suggests hate towards Peyton Manning. I like the generic term of discussion for "hating on XXXX player).

1. Tennesee

2. KC

3 San Fran

4. Arizona

5. Seattle

6. Tampa

7. Minny

8. Chicago

9. Jets

10. Miami

That's not an accurate list, he will not go to some if those places. This is an accurate list in order:

1. Miami

2. San Francisco

3. New York jets

4. Kansas city

5. Baltimore

6. Dallas

7. Arizona

1. Tennesee

2. KC

3 San Fran

4. Arizona

5. Seattle

6. Tampa

7. Minny

8. Chicago

9. Jets

10. Miami

I actually think Miami is the best choice. They won't have a QB controversy. They made Reggie Bush their every down back so they are willing to take risks. They have a good defense. They have some good O-lineman. They have a great receiver, just a bit off in the head. He would get to face Tom Brady twice a year. He would never play Eli because they played this year. Perfect.

Odd, because Irsay might get Luck cheap for four years, but then he is going to pay Luck what he would be paying Manning because that will be the scale by that time. So not sure how cutting Manning is such a cost cutter.

Probably because It saves money over those next 4 years because Luck would be cheaper??

And 4 years from now the Colts will need a QB -- even if Manning plays out his contract. Having Manning & Luck will not be an option come 2016.

How is discussing realistic possibilities hate? We all know what PM means to the city, the fans and the Colts. Players get old, players get hurt and sooner or later our favorite players leave for places elsewhere or retire. Heck Edge left and still got a standing ovation when he walked into LOS wearing a Seahawks jersey.

Dallas??

Jerry jones is not convinced with romo, he put a waiver claim in for Kyle Orton. This means he is not a full believer in romo, other than the contract implications of romo and that he would face Eli twice, everything about this makes sense. They are manning away from winning a SB. Manning can win one in any of those 7 except Arizona which is why they were last.

1. Tennesee

2. KC

3 San Fran

4. Arizona

5. Seattle

6. Tampa

7. Minny

8. Chicago

9. Jets

10. Miami

Miami

Denver

San Fransisco

Arizona

In that order.

Jerry jones is not convinced with romo, he put a waiver claim in for Kyle Orton. This means he is not a full believer in romo, other than the contract implications of romo and that he would face Eli twice, everything about this makes sense. They are manning away from winning a SB. Manning can win one in any of those 7 except Arizona which is why they were last.

Romo is going nowhere...

That's not an accurate list, he will not go to some if those places. This is an accurate list in order:

1. Miami

2. San Francisco

3. New York jets

4. Kansas city

5. Baltimore

6. Dallas

7. Arizona

I do love the matter of fact posts that discount others with nothing more than you are wrong I am right posts. You say it is innacurate and he will not go to those places, Why/whynot? Again, mine is opinion and nothing more than that. Please don't come off as yours is fact and not expect a challenge on your post. BTW, what makes you believe Manning would not go to Tennessee? And Dallas before Arizona, WTH?

I still can't see Manning playing football again but anyway....

Should the Colts release him I can't see Tennessee going after him, they're high on Jake Locker and he looked decent filling in for Hasselbeck last year, and I don't know why they would want to keep him benched much longer.

KC- Maybe, it depends on how much they believe in Cassel, he has weapons around him so maybe they give him one more year, and draft a mid round QB with decent upside (Cousins? Lindley?)

SF- No, I actually think Alex Smith is their QB and John Harbaugh and that team believes in him, not to mention they just spent a second rounder on Kaepernick anyway.

Arizona- I can see this, I think they're going to try to get out of the Kolb contract and that will free up some cap space and they can bring Peyton and have them back to being a SB contender, while working with John Skelton.

Seattle- I just can't see it happening, I have a feeling they're going to stick it out w/Jackson this year and try and get Matt Barkley next year...wouldn't rule it out though.

Tampa- This depends on how much Schiano believes in Freeman, I think Freeman has what it take to be a very good NFL QB, he just has no WR's as Mike Williams and Areullius (sp) Benn haven't panned out as they hoped.

Minnesota- Maybe, we obviously know they have no problem going after old QB's...only thing that makes me say no about this is I can't see Leslie Frasier pulling the plug on Ponder after really just half a season, he was decent, just needs a WR to go along w/Harvin.

Chicago- NO...they have way too much invested in Cutler and when he's upright he's a really good QB and getting out of Martz's system will only help him IMO

Jets- I can see this happening..I don't think that team really believes in Sanchez, Peyton can make them a Super Bowl contender season 1, I just can't see him fitting in in that locker room, and I don't think he'd play in the same city as Eli

Miami- I think they'd rather have Matt Flynn (younger, worked with Philbin before), but I can see it happen, they desperately need a big name and attraction to compete with the Heat in Miami.

My top 5...

1. Arizona...it's just the best fit, that offense with P Manning, Fitzgerald and Wells would put them right back in contention in the NFC

2. Washington- I'm only saying the Redskins because Dan Snyder will probably give him a blank check tell him to write any amount on it, build a Six Flags in his backyard and build him his own personal Johnny Rockets in his house

3. Miami- They have a good ground game, D and Brandon Marhsall, it would be attractive to Peyton, and I think he'd like to get 2 shots a year at Tom Brady and the Pats, and I imagine Miami would break the bank for him too

4. Jets- Only b/c this might be his best shot at winning, they're way down the list b/c I don't know how he would get along with some of those personalities in that locker room

5. KC- Good, players coach in Crennel, Jamaal Charles, Dwayne Bowe and a good D, its really attractive, just can't see them opening up the checkbook for him like the other teams

Still...if he's not on the Colts next year, I can't see him in the NFL as a player

This is gonna start a whole other "Schefter's just making stuff up" thread.

Some people are not going to believe Manning will be cut till they see him on TV himself saying "Me and the Colts decided to part ways" and even then, some are so delusional that they still won't believe it.

Im not sure any team is going to drop a dime on Peyton until it can be proven that he is 100% healthy and its hard telling when that will happen. Some of these teams mentioned may have already settled on their QB by the time Peyton is healthy.

I don't know if Peyton will be released next week but it won't surprise me in the least if it's within the next couple of weeks. I think its a foregone conclusion he will not be here and I think Peyton is well aware of it too.

Not necessarily, how about a contract where I pay a little money to you, but I give you crazy bonuses?

Like, if you make the roster you get 10mil

If you play week one you get 5mil

If you play more than 14 games I pay you 7mil and pick up a clause for a new 3 year deal with the money guarateed

I don't know, but if I am an owner and I sign PM without the certainty that he's healthy, I want some insurance, and I wanna be able to get out of the contract if you never get healthy.

You'll say "why would PM accept a cpntract like this?" Well, because he is so sure he'll recover

I noticed on the show that the first team out of the mouths of Schefter, Dilfer, and Chris Carter was Washington. I just don't see that happening. They kept saying that Manning could be selective in where he went and that he would want to go to a team that has talent around him and would be flexible in allowing Peyton to dictate the offense. I could be wrong, but I've always got the impression that Mike Shanahan is a bit of a control freak and think he would be unlikely to yield offensive decisionmaking to Peyton. Also, Shanahan has always been a run first guy, hasn't he? Everyone talks about how much Washington would pay, but Manning has made so much money that I really don't think that will be a major factor in his decision. Again, I could be wrong.

I'd love to see Peyton go to San Fran, because I think they give him the best chance to win. However, I think this will be a 2 horse race between Arizona and Miami, because I think both teams could conceivably bring in Wayne, which will be attractive to Manning. If Manning is in Arizona with Fitzgerald and Wayne - sheesh, NFL defenses better watch out. I know SF has a good defense, but teams were able to move the ball through the air against them in the playoffs.

Why is that? I'm just curious as to why you think this. :???: It's just business and I'm sure Jerry Jones would like another chance at a SB.

There are 10 or 11 teams in the NFL that would not be in the market for a 36 year old Manning (who is a huge injury risk at this point in his career.)

Romo is not the problem in Dallas, Jerry Jones and that sorry D is.

Plus Romo is only 31 years old and in the prime of his career.

They also said that Austin Collie would have to retire...and that we would keep Polian...and that we would keep Caldwell...and that we would hire Tressel...and that Keith Butler was our new DC...if you remember, they have been predicting the demise of the Colts for about 7yrs now, every preseason they all predict "this is the year the Colts finally crumble and miss the playoffs"...and they were wrong about all of it...i wouldnt worry too much just yet...even if we dont pick up Peyton's option, it doesnt mean that we wont work out a new contract with him and keep him.

Dallas is in the same division as Eli...Peyton will NOT sign to play in Eli's division...he's said multiple times that he hates having to play against each other...and the entire family has said how much of an emotional strain it is...Cooper even said he refuses to go to games when they play each other...so why would you think he signs to play Eli twice a year (at least) every year until he retires?

I think it is just plain sickening. Some of these people act like they can't wait to shove old creaky neck Manning out the door to make way for their "guaranteed" superman.

Who exactly are these folks close to him? If it's members of the Colts staff, there may be other motives at play for saying that he should retire.

What team do you think knows more about Peyton's health than the Colts, and do you really believe that team wants to spend money on a 36 year old maybe that will have to learn a new system? I've yet to hear any convincing argument as to why the Colts aren't the best fit for Peyton Manning. They clearly are in just about every possible way, and the money argument has no basis unless you somehow know what the teams plans are for the long list of FA.