Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luck is Good

NFC Championship: Packers at Falcons Game Thread

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Nobody's come back from 24-0 have they..in the title games? 

No, Colts have the biggest comeback down 21-3 against the Pats in 2006.

Rodgers deserves no blame for this mess. 10 points wiped off the board by his teammates, and the defense can't stop ATL whatsoever. The only incompletions on ATL's part have been flat out drops.   I'm not sure why GB continues to sit in zone.

1 minute ago, Gramz said:

Yeah.... Ryan for MVP   

I've said this all along. Matt Ryan has been better the entire season. And it is a regular season award. Beating Rodgers in the conference championship game would solidify it

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Ryan looks like Peyton back there......

..(except for that TD run of course)

Ryan looks like Brady. His whole team is getting it done while he makes accurate throws in the pocket, usually with time to set his feet. (Nice TD run, too!)

Rodgers looks like Peyton. Running for his life while watching nobody else on his team step up and DO something.

Just now, Moose Of Woe said:

Ryan looks like Brady. His whole team is getting it done while he makes accurate throws in the pocket, usually with time to set his feet.

Rodgers looks like Peyton. Running for his life while watching nobody else on his team step up and DO something.

Peyton didnt run. Moose...wasn't his thing

Matt Ryan even looks like Peyton...same face

Ryan looks like Brady. His whole team is getting it done while he makes accurate throws in the pocket, usually with time to set his feet.

Please don't bring Brady's name up in this thread. haha

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Peyton didnt run. Moose...wasn't his thing

Matt Ryan even looks like Peyton...same face

I meant run as in his line not blocking. (Post 2006)  Not being a legit scrambling QB like Rodgers is.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No, Colts have the biggest comeback down 21-3 against the Pats in 2006.

Didn't Seattle have a big comeback against the Packers a few years ago? Don't remember if it was 18 but it was a pretty good lead.

There is still hope for the Packers. If they can get a TD here and go into the half down 17-7, they get the ball to begin the 2nd half

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

Didn't Seattle have a big comeback against the Packers a few years ago? Don't remember if it was 18 but it was a pretty good lead.

It was 16-0 at halftime

Yeah it was 16-0 Pack in that one.

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

There is still hope for the Packers. If they can get a TD here and go into the half down 17-7, they get the ball to begin the 2nd half

With Rodgers and the offense, GB usually has  hope in dire situations in spite of their awful defense. However, against ATL's offense I'd say there's essentially no hope at all. Not unless they get out of that mess of a zone D, man up and play man to man and make plays in the second half. I wouldn't bet the house on it.

Rodgers really isn't playing bad, his o line and WRs are letting him down.

Jordy Nelson dropped one that was all in his hands....

With Rodgers and the offense, GB's offense usually gives them hope in dire situations in spite of their awful defense. However, against ATL's offense going against them I'd say there's essentially none.

There may be none now. OL can't even block the Falcons front. Of course, big drop by Jordy put them in that 2nd down to begin with

He had insane amounts of time to throw against Dallas, but ATL isn't allowing it.

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Rodgers really isn't playing bad, his o line and WRs are letting him down.

Fumble and missed kick knocked out 10 points. This could still be a ball game but the offense could afford literally ZERO screwups thanks to their defense. They've already had two major blunders. Tough to overcome when the other team beats your D like a drum.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

The old Buffalo comeback on Houston was a 1st round playoff game, wasn't it

Yeah that or Divisional Round. It wasn't the AFC Title Game.

For what it's worth, I'm glad ATL will probably win since they're a rounded team like NE is and have a much better shot at them than GB. (Assuming NE wins.)  Still, I feel for Rodgers because watching a great QB be let down by his team is something most of us should feel at least a bit of empathy for.