Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts hired psychologists to improve Chuck Pagano-Ryan Grigson relationship

Dustin

16 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

you are combining information from different sources.  I never saw Schefter report that a condition of Gruden's hiring was getting rid of Grigson.  If he did say that or report that, I stand corrected.  I don't remember any tweet he put out there saying that nor in a Schefter ESPN report or interview.  But I certainly didn't watch every one of them.

Yes, I consider all unverified sources to be the same since you know, they are unverified sources.  In the past, Shefter has been wrong many times with his rumors, so yes, I will take the word of the two people involved in the discussions.

9 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Could be but Irsay also had to explain it and couldn't come out and say yeah I tried to get Gruden but he didn't want the job so now we are going to keep Chuck. 

At the end of the day I don't think it really matters if he tried to get Gruden or not the bottom line is he's not coming and Chuck is the head coach. 

Perhaps but I don't see any reason why Irsay would not say something to the effect of,  "If I wanted to replace Pagano the only person I would consider is Jon Gruden and he's not interested in coaching" and then move on.

I mean, I as big a conspiracy theorists as anyone but it seems a real reach even to me that people keep insisting that Gruden turned a legitimate coaching offer even though Irsay and Gruden insist it did not happen.  No I could see with Irsay talking to Gruden and getting his take on the Colts and what it would take to improve and Irsay says "Would you be interested in coaching again and Gruden says no, he enjoys the stress free (relatively speaking) broadcast booth.  But that is a far cry from a serious offer that talks about money, personnel control, etc.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Yes, I consider all unverified sources to be the same since you know, they are unverified sources.  In the past, Shefter has been wrong many times with his rumors, so yes, I will take the word of the two people involved in the discussions.

Perhaps but I don't see any reason why Irsay would not say something to the effect of,  "If I wanted to replace Pagano the only person I would consider is Jon Gruden and he's not interested in coaching" and then move on.

I mean, I as big a conspiracy theorists as anyone but it seems a real reach even to me that people keep insisting that Gruden turned a legitimate coaching offer even though Irsay and Gruden insist it did not happen.  No I could see with Irsay talking to Gruden and getting his take on the Colts and what it would take to improve and Irsay says "Would you be interested in coaching again and Gruden says no, he enjoys the stress free (relatively speaking) broadcast booth.  But that is a far cry from a serious offer that talks about money, personnel control, etc.

Because that pretty much says that he spoke to John Gruden about the job while he still had a Head Coach.  People just don't do that.  Again like I said before it doesn't really matter if he did or didn't the bottom line is Gruden isn't coming and Pagano is Head Coach going forward.