Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Hope Chuck Stays


Recommended Posts

I think he's a good coach and I know the players love playing for him.

 

I'm in the minority, but I think a lot of the people who want him gone just want change, and change isn't always good.  I know you'll talk about his inability to get the team off to a fast start.  But no one talks about his ability to get the team back into games.

 

We all seem to agree that the roster is probably less than mediocre.  Someone said it's worse than Clevelands.  So it must say something about the coaching to get that much out of that little.  And before you say "It's all Luck!", look at the Saints who also have a franchise QB and a highly respected coach.  Tomlin had back to back 8-8 seasons.  Rodgers has been to one SB.  

 

My final point in this rant is to remember the Dungy era - I think he was a great coach, and we had some great teams.  But he only got us to the AFC championship twice in his seven years.  And those rosters are going to have a lot of god jackets in the years to come.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you go and look at Mike Tomlinson's record he also has a back to back 8-8 seasons and tomorrow his team is in the AFC championship(where we would like to be), IF chuck learns from his past mistakes and gets some better players we may have a future, if not it will be a

 rinse and repeat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, workinman said:

Well, if you go and look at Mike Tomlinson's record he also has a back to back 8-8 seasons and tomorrow his team is in the AFC championship(where we would like to be), IF chuck learns from his past mistakes and gets some better players we may have a future, if not it will be a

 rinse and repeat.

that's a BIG "if"

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, workinman said:

Well, if you go and look at Mike Tomlinson's record he also has a back to back 8-8 seasons and tomorrow his team is in the AFC championship(where we would like to be), IF chuck learns from his past mistakes and gets some better players we may have a future, if not it will be a

 rinse and repeat.

 

If my aunt had a beard she would be my uncle....he's been here 5 seasons and I don't see any improvement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

No playoffs again=Chuck out.

 

No playoffs win = chuck out, otherwise its rinse and repeated mediocrity

 

The AFC South is a gift that keeps on giving, that's why making the playoffs (which means winning AFC South because the division is not good enough for a wild card) should not be enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, workinman said:

Well, if you go and look at Mike Tomlinson's record he also has a back to back 8-8 seasons and tomorrow his team is in the AFC championship(where we would like to be), IF chuck learns from his past mistakes and gets some better players we may have a future, if not it will be a

 rinse and repeat.

Don't ever INSULT Mike Tomlin by putting him and Pagano in the same sentence...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Majin Vegeta said:

They marched down the field like it was a high school defense. (Grigson's fault)

 

Yeah the defense sucks. The logical thing is to run the clock down so they are never in that position to begin with, not put your terrible defense in a position where they have to stop one of the best QBs in the NFL with 30 second left.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

They marched down the field like it was a high school defense. (Grigson's fault)

Not only should they have never had time because flappy hands called a timeout,  but then we proceed to play prevent defense to allow them to march down the field..That is one of several games in his tenure here Pagano has COST us by HIMSELF..A head coach should help you win games you should lose, not LOSE games you should win..

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dustin said:

 

Yeah the defense sucks. The logical thing is to run the clock down so they are never in that position to begin with, not put your terrible defense in a position where they have to stop one of the best QBs in the NFL with 30 second left.

Completely agree. Should've milked down that clock to about 10 seconds left (or less).

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Explain to me what Grigson has to do with Chuck's situational play-calling and clock management? Are we totally forgetting the week 1 clock management debacle that cost us a win?

I'm not convinced it's 100% certain that pagano returns.   I truly think that's a GM&irsay decision. So if a GM is hired from external sources, I think the odds are against Chuck coming back, despite what Irsay said today.!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont see how pagano staying is going to work. dont get me wrong, I think pagano is a good coach, but a new GM likes to bring in his own coach. The only way I see us keeping pagano is if we promote internally. the fact that jimmy raye didnt get the gm job with the 49ers makes me think irsay promised him the gm job if he stays 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I dont see how pagano staying is going to work. dont get me wrong, I think pagano is a good coach, but a new GM likes to bring in his own coach. The only way I see us keeping pagano is if we promote internally. the fact that jimmy raye didnt get the gm job with the 49ers makes me think irsay promised him the gm job if he stays 

 

This is true, but Chuck has time on his side.  If they bring in an outsider there's not a lot of time to get a coach and be ready for the draft with him.  

 

I'm more for bringing in some talent.  There's money for some decent FAs, combine it with a good draft, and continued Oline improvement, the team could contend again.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dudeski said:

pagano is probably the worst coach i have ever seen.  people like him because he had cancer and says stupid cliches

 

he is terrible for the colts 

 

Way off

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

I think he's a good coach and I know the players love playing for him.

 

I'm in the minority, but I think a lot of the people who want him gone just want change, and change isn't always good.  I know you'll talk about his inability to get the team off to a fast start.  But no one talks about his ability to get the team back into games.

 

We all seem to agree that the roster is probably less than mediocre.  Someone said it's worse than Clevelands.  So it must say something about the coaching to get that much out of that little.  And before you say "It's all Luck!", look at the Saints who also have a franchise QB and a highly respected coach.  Tomlin had back to back 8-8 seasons.  Rodgers has been to one SB.  

 

My final point in this rant is to remember the Dungy era - I think he was a great coach, and we had some great teams.  But he only got us to the AFC championship twice in his seven years.  And those rosters are going to have a lot of god jackets in the years to come.

There's a lot of legitimate reasons to want him gone it's not just for change sake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

 

This is true, but Chuck has time on his side.  If they bring in an outsider there's not a lot of time to get a coach and be ready for the draft with him.  

 

I'm more for bringing in some talent.  There's money for some decent FAs, combine it with a good draft, and continued Oline improvement, the team could contend again.  

Draft is over 3 months away.  Plenty of time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dustin said:

 

Yeah the defense sucks. The logical thing is to run the clock down so they are never in that position to begin with, not put your terrible defense in a position where they have to stop one of the best QBs in the NFL with 30 second left.

 What if we didn't even score? We had to take the lead. I don't see how you can only blame Pagano, but not the bare cupboard of a defense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

 What if we didn't even score? We had to take the lead. I don't see how you can only blame Pagano, but not the bare cupboard of a defense. 

 

How am I not blaming the defense? I literally said they suck in the first 4 words of the post you quoted. This may be hard to belive but I can think that the defense and Pagano both suck at the same time. It's not one or the other.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dustin said:

 

How am I not blaming the defense? I literally said they suck in the first 4 words of the post you quoted. This may be hard to belive but I can think that the defense and Pagano both suck at the same time. It's not one or the other.

So how you gonna blame the loss solely on Pagano if the defense sucks so bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Majin Vegeta said:

So how you gonna blame the loss solely on Pagano if the defense sucks so bad.

Well you're right, the defense does suck. Plus, they were tattered by injuries. Knowing this, shouldn't Pagano try to LIMIT the time the defense spends on the field by using as much clock as possible, especially at the end of the game?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

So how you gonna blame the loss solely on Pagano if the defense sucks so bad.

I think his point is the defense should have never been put in that position. Pagano had bad clock management and therefore, the defense had to go back out there for way too much time. And yes 37 seconds is way too much time with this defense lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NorthernBlue said:

Well you're right, the defense does suck. Plus, they were tattered by injuries. Knowing this, shouldn't Pagano try to LIMIT the time the defense spends on the field by using as much clock as possible, especially at the end of the game?

We scored with 30 seconds left.. what if we didn't score a td at all?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Luck is Good said:

I think his point is the defense should have never been put in that position. Pagano had bad clock management and therefore, the defense had to go back out there for way too much time. And yes 37 seconds is way too much time with this defense lol

Yeah I get that.. it's a fair point. But that L isn't only because Pagano is our coach.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He should stay I think he good!! This team is not that good. With some better drafting it could be though. This team would run throw a wall for Pagano. Look at the last game against the Jags. Nothing to play for they came out flat IMO Pagano willed that team to a win at half time. People can talk all the % they want about Pagono  but I like him!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I agree what did most pundits say that we had the most complete roster in football last season.  Why, because Ballard built that through the draft for the most part and it hasn't put the team in salary cap hell like many other teams that don't even have the roster that we have so the credit goes to Ballard. 
    • I think the Browns were a lot better team after free agency. Are they championship level no but a lot better. I don't know why Dorsey got fired I thought he was doing a good job trying to make up for no talent.  My point is there are times that you need to dabble in free agency but it is better much better to go the draft rout.  
    • After the 49ers pulled off the exact trade up to the 3rd pick (that I suggested the Colts should do), I would fall over in laughter if they passed on Fields for Jones or Lance.  Fields is just as much the generational prospect as Lawrence.  When you look at the film and compare the numbers it really is a no brainer.  Here’s another Fields stat that puts him above the others.     The average rank of defenses that Fields has faced in his career is around low to mid twenties. Not too many cupcakes or soft touches.  Meanwhile Lawrence, Wilson, & Jones average defensive opponents is in the 40’s or much higher. So Fields put up better career numbers than all of the other QB’s while facing tougher competition week in and week out.     Better career accuracy. Better career rating past his first read (dispelled that lie about him).  Oh and he scored higher on an aptitude test than thousands of other professional athletes from multiple sports who have taken the same test.  Offered a scholarship to Harvard.  Kid is a smart pocket passer who is athletic and can run.  But he has no problem standing in the pocket and delivering accurate throws with conflict happening all around him.    I believe Kyle is just putting Fields to the ultimate test.  He remembers him from his high school QB camp where Fields took the things he learned there and improved his game to the point where he legitimately rivaled Lawrence as the best QB in the country.  Helped turn the best dual threat QB into the most accurate career passer in this draft.  And easily the most fundamentally sound.  That’s growth.    Also Kyle gets to see how Fields handles all of the chatter about Wilson & Jones & Lance being better.  How does he handle the 49ers not attending his first pro day?  How does he handle the leaks attacking his work ethic and commitment?  They could be looking for signs to how he will handle adversity on and off the field at the next level.  So far he’s been near perfect.  The fact he didn’t snap on Orlovsky shows great maturity.  Best QB in the draft. Just pray the Patriots don’t move up to 4th and get him if the 49ers are dumb enough to pass on him after moving up to the 3rd pick. 
    • Yes, I agree with you but I totally believe that Ballard has a plan and will do what's best for our team. I mean he knows better than any of us that he needs a left tackle and a pass rusher he's fully aware of it.  I have total and complete faith in Ballard that he'll put a championship level team on the field come week one. 
    • I’m okay with that, but ideally I’d hope you can trade down and still get Cosmi or Darrisaw. I think getting that 3rd round pick back has to be priority.
  • Members

    • MPStack

      MPStack 3,421

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ztboiler

      ztboiler 306

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • buccolts

      buccolts 2,541

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtStrong2013

      ColtStrong2013 1,924

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ponyboy

      ponyboy 67

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Coltpwr

      Coltpwr 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DougDew

      DougDew 2,595

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Misty_B

      Misty_B 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Hark

      Hark 415

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • kidjock

      kidjock 5

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...