Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigson fired.

Dustin

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Gavin said:

I'm going to wait to get to stoked about this until I see who Grigsons replacement is

Irsay MUST have the future GM already in some kind of agreement because its so late to fire a GM! Who does everyone think the GM could be? 

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

I imagine the Peyton + Gruden combo is still on the table with Grigson gone.  It was believed that one of Gruden's reasons for saying no was that he wanted someone else as GM

My thoughts exactly.   My gut feeling is that neither one of these two would agree to working with Grigson.

I hope you're right.

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Not true.  People on here thought the Dorsett pick was awful from the very beginning

I'll cut and paste what you wrote that I responded to.      Apparently, you don't remember what you wrote.

"Remember when all those people said Dorsett was a good pick?"

So,  now you've got a contradiction.  

Not true.  People on here thought the Dorsett pick was awful from the very beginning

I'll cut and paste what you wrote that I responded to.      Apparently, you don't remember what you wrote.

Besides,  the jury isn't in yet on Dorsett.     It may be for you,  but not for many others here...

Besides,  the jury isn't in yet on Dorsett.     It may be for you,  but not for many others here...

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Um.....no, I don't.  From the beginning, I was part of the group of people who said Dorsett was a bad pick

9 minutes ago, masnerj said:

I have to say that if Irsay fired Grigson this late after the season is over and after all the shenanigans, he has to have the next GM either lined up or ready to promote. I know we all are hoping for Peyton but I don't think that is likely after everything that has happened, or rumored to have happened. 

My money is on Raye being promoted (which I love to be honest, he will be MUCH better than Grigson). It IS possible for a new GM to be hired with the old coach not fired. I think the most likely event is going to be Raye promoted as GM and Pagano to have one more year to fix the defense with whatever he is given after this offseason. 

Beneath my arm-chair GM, NFL analyst, and NFL scout self-appointed position: YESSSSSSSSSSSS, LETS GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU IRSAY!!!!

Jimmy Raye being promoted to GM would be very lack luster and not at all symbolic of the big move Irsay was rumored to make. So I hope and doubt that happens.

Just now, Luck is Good said:

I hope it's Peyton. Bring him as GM and Gruden as HC. Make me a very happy camper

As much as anyone on this forum wants that (trust me, I would run around the block screaming IF that happened), I think that the ship has sailed. Its been too long after the negotiations and I think that Peyton was offended by Irsay's rumored ownership/stake offer. 

I say Raye is likely to be promoted! Wouldn't be a bad thing. And then he would get the choice to keep Pagano or hire anyone he wants. 

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

The only think I say is this is about 2 years too late.

Right.

Because firing a GM after 3 straight years of 11-5 and the last year of that run we went to the AFC Championship.     

THAT'S when you want to fire your GM.

Gosh, this is embarrassing..........    how do you write this stuff?

Just now, masnerj said:

As much as anyone on this forum wants that (trust me, I would run around the block screaming IF that happened), I think that the ship has sailed. Its been too long after the negotiations and I think that Peyton was offended by Irsay's rumored ownership/stake offer. 

I say Raye is likely to be promoted! Wouldn't be a bad thing. And then he would get the choice to keep Pagano or hire anyone he wants. 

It may not happen but I can dream lol. Jimmy Raye wouldn't be bad. It's still way better than Ryan Grigson

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

Also Reggie Wayne.  Grigson clearly wasn't very well liked.  Not sure why you're arguing that

I'm not arguing that....

I'm arguing the concept of "AROUND THE LEAGUE"....

People here are absolutely terrible with their words.      They write things and are always surprised when it's pointed out that what they write makes no sense.....

Just now, BProland85 said:

Jimmy Raye being promoted to GM would be very lack luster and not at all symbolic of the big move Irsay was rumored to make. So I hope and doubt that happens.

All those rumors happened were more than a week or two ago! I don't think its a big splash or anything. If it was the Peyton splash or the Gruden full control splash, it would have happened last week or before. Its too late for that.

I think Irsay got tired of the idea of Grigson coming back after the Peyton/Gruden thing fell through and now wants to make a change. Raye seems to be the most likely choice, especially after his recent interview. Now, I would like a big splash myself (giving Gruden control or taking the Chiefs guy, forget his name!) but I don't think its very likely. And as a fan, I can't keep hoping for splashes when its fell through every time so far. 

21 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I've never been more happy to be wrong. This was definitely the right move and I'm glad Jim didn't mix personal feelings with business feelings. You just couldn't justify keeping Ryan as the GM. I'm not a Pagano fan by any means either, but he was definitely not given the greatest talent to coach

This is true

1 minute ago, Gramz said:

I like your thinking.    And my answer to your question is Yes.  I think Bill would do that.

I hope you're right....whenever he speaks..he just loves Peyton.....and he suggest (I've never heard him actually say it) that he's over getting fired by Irsay

The idea of Bill Polian and Peyton Manning creating the offense for Andrew Luck to run is just very exciting to me

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

I'm not arguing that....

I'm arguing the concept of "AROUND THE LEAGUE"....

People here are absolutely terrible with their words.      They write things and are always surprised when it's pointed out that what they write makes no sense.....

If the reports are true, then it can be safely concluded that people who know Grigson don't like him.  You're getting bent out of shape over the smaller picture