Grigson fired.

Dustin

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I wanted Landon Collins from the get go

Hmm.   Since Reggie was gone and Nicks sucked (always did), I'd rather have Geathers in the 4th.  And Anderson in the 3rd over Brown in the 1st.

Who were the teams offering picks?

Just now, DougDew said:

Hmm.   Since Reggie was gone and Nicks sucked, I'd rather have Geathers in the 4th.  And Anderson in the 3rd over Brown in the 1st.

Who were the teams offering picks?

I don't know about teams offering picks. That would've been a backup plan. The main plan should've been to draft Landon Collins

9 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

According to NFL.com, likely not-

" Rapoport added that coach Chuck Pagano's job is "believed to be safe", per another source. "

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000777187/article/colts-firing-general-manager-ryan-grigson

Profootballtalk also makes a good point... 

That Irsay may wait on Pagano, due to the "Rooney Rule"

What's Jim Irsay's next move? Presumably, he already knows ...

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

33 catches...528 yards in a year where his QB played hurt

...his second season.....in the NFL...

No it was not a terrible pick..if we're being honest

So, it was worse than terrible, I can buy into that....

Just now, csmopar said:

I'm curious as to who will replace him now..... 530 hurry up

Jim Osborne is saying he is hearing that it's Manning.  He's the guy who wrote that big article on the "real story" that broke the other day.  He's about to either be a star or lose all credibility for the rest of his life lol.

6 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Because he would've been a great player to help out one of the biggest needs on this team: defense. The other need is OL. Neither of which involves WR

See, since Reggie was old, Nicks sucked (always did), as did Heyward-Bey and Avery before him, I thought drafting Geathers in the 4th and signing Adams, while drafting a WR made more sense than drafting a slow S and finding another sucky WR.

4 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

Jim Osborne is saying he is hearing that it's Manning.  He's the guy who wrote that big article on the "real story" that broke the other day.  He's about to either be a star or lose all credibility for the rest of his life lol.

Link?

14 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

It's not premature. Dorsett wasn't a good pick at the time and it's even more painfully obvious now

That was the day it all went downhill for him. Didn't help that he drafted Smith right after.

That Tyra Banks meme is very fitting. "We were all rooting for you!!!". Seriously we were all hoping Grigson was going to get it right and finally get that impact defensive player and instead he drafts a bust of a WR. The pick should have been Collins or Kendricks. Dorsett isn't even as good as Jamison Crowder.

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

A defense that is historically bad is wonders?

Yep also with a 44-26 record 3 playoff appearances afc title appearance while working with a below average roster at best  . Several wins with backup QBs 1 with guys who were on the street days before the game . Lets talk about our D this year with the worst front 7 in the NFL and a mash unit in the secondary and no backup plan for often injured players or washed up players .

19 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Dakich went   at Pat on Twitter to the effect his opinion was less because he was a punter . For a guy that has lived off that game against Jordan  for decades he has a high opinion of himself. 

Listening to Dakich talk football... I feel like it's 1979 and I'm listening to some southern Indiana Hoosier who has seen two football games in his life attempt to discuss football.  

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

See, since Reggie was old, Nicks sucked (always did), as did Heyward-Bey and Avery before him, I thought drafting Geathers in the 4th and signing Adams, while drafting a WR made more sense than drafting a slow S and finding another sucky WR.

For one, Hakeem Nicks hasn't always sucked. Ryan should've kept Reggie instead of signing him. Two, Reggie had one more year in him. I know he was getting old but he had one more year in him. And three, I know hindsight is 20/20 but Collins has been much more durable than Geathers

8 minutes ago, BOTT said:

support from Chuck?  Cross Jimmy Raye off the list.

So why is it when they have the rooney rule in place, which forces a team to interview someone of color, does ESPN then use the idea that when a person of color interviews, its evidence that he's a strong candidate? 

I hate it when ESPN defies such basic logic.  It happens a lot.

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

That was the day it all went downhill for him. Didn't help that he drafted Smith right after.

That Tyra Banks meme is very fitting. "We were all rooting for you!!!". Seriously we were all hoping Grigson was going to get it right and finally get that impact defensive player and instead he drafts a bust of a WR. The pick should have been Collins or Kendricks. Dorsett isn't even as good as Jamison Crowder.

Should've been Landon Collins

6 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

For one, Hakeem Nicks hasn't always sucked. Ryan should've kept Reggie instead of signing him. Two, Reggie had one more year in him. I know he was getting old but he had one more year in him. And three, I know hindsight is 20/20 but Collins has been much more durable than Geathers

Now that will actually be a good comparison.  I think Nicks was drafted about #30, and so was Dorsett.  Nicks had Eli and Dorsett Luck. 

33 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I'd like to take this opportunity to submit my application as next GM of the Colts.  Trust me, I'm so good in Madden

Dude. Me too. We could trade Curt Maggitt to Denver for Miller then lower his value through decreasing his Speed, Acceleration, Strength, Awareness, etc then cut him and sign him back for nothing!!!!! Then you could do the same with a bunch of other guys !!!!! LOL