Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Throwing with Good Velocity

HitStick21

According to the Indianapolis Star, Peyton Manning (neck) was throwing with "decent velocity" at Colts practice on Wednesday.

Officially, there's still no timetable for when Manning might come off the PUP list. However, the Star's Phillip Wilson expects his rehab to ramp up once the Colts break camp, and does not believe he is in any danger of missing regular season action.

After the disaster to start 2008, I would not be surprised to see him play in one of the two final preseason games, just to get some timing back. @Houston is no gimme at all, especially with their upgraded corners.

lol @ Michael Lombardi's report yesterday

Oh god, I didn't see it... What did it say? Knowing Lombardi it had to have been incredibly dumb... He, along with jay glazer, have one heck of a fight going for who the worst NFL reporter is...

Yeah, we were out tossing some balls today. He looked good. He even tried to run on on me like he did against the raiders, but I hit stick'd him for it and let him know he wasn't gonna get away with that with me.

Oh god, I didn't see it... What did it say? Knowing Lombardi it had to have been incredibly dumb... He, along with jay glazer, have one heck of a fight going for who the worst NFL reporter is...

he implied that manning lost muscle mass in his throwing arm and he hasnt thrown a football in months. smh.

he implied that manning lost muscle mass in his throwing arm and he hasnt thrown a football in months. smh.

HAHAHA!! Lombradi knows what he is saying/doing from a personnel/GM standpoint, but he clearly has 0 idea about training/rehab and all that stuff. That's gotta be one of the most ridiculous statements I've heard in a long long time.

After the disaster to start 2008, I would not be surprised to see him play in one of the two final preseason games, just to get some timing back. @Houston is no gimme at all, especially with their upgraded corners.

Houston's defense will be abysmal for at least 6 weeks. Making the transition to a 3-4 takes a lot of time to pull off successfully, and sometimes it never happens. The names in place don't matter. Houston will start off 5-2 as always, but then they will lose all of the important games.

Houston's defense will be abysmal for at least 6 weeks. Making the transition to a 3-4 takes a lot of time to pull off successfully, and sometimes it never happens. The names in place don't matter. Houston will start off 5-2 as always, but then they will lose all of the important games.

But but but this is the year Houston FINALLY makes it over the hump and beats Indy. This is the year they FINALLY make the playoffs for the first time in franchise history.

Wow! I heard they were going to "try it out" didnt know it was official or anything like that. Man this could be awesome or devastating for us. I'll agree, atleast 6 games before everything gets hashed out by that defense. Should be a ton of confusion week 1 in Houston, by the home team that is.

Good to hear! A guy I know who is a Dallas fan (yuck) said Peyton has maybe only one more Super Bowl in him. I said 2 or 3. Peyton is the GOAT. No other QB in the league deserves 2 or 3 rings more than Manning does. Big Ben and Brady rode great teams to those titles. Brady and Brees are tied for the 2 and 3 spot, but Peyton has always been a better QB considering what he has had to work with. Hard work pays, and our team is retooling for this last 5 year run. I think we have a better team than anytime in Peyton's career finally, and hopefully we see the fruits of their hard work! Go Colts!!!

According to the Indianapolis Star, Peyton Manning (neck) was throwing with "decent velocity" at Colts practice on Wednesday.

Officially, there's still no timetable for when Manning might come off the PUP list. However, the Star's Phillip Wilson expects his rehab to ramp up once the Colts break camp, and does not believe he is in any danger of missing regular season action.

seen the Chapell report that agrees but on ESPN wilson had worse scenario

From Mike Chappell of the Indianapolis Star:

My link

The Indianapolis Colts veteran quarterback was running and throwing on the Macholtz Stadium field late this afternoon. One person who saw Manning throwing said he was doing so with "decent velocity."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The Star's other Colts beat writer, Phil Wilson, went on the local ESPN affiliate in Indianapolis earlier today and said that he did not think Peyton would practice at all during training camp and the he would not play a snap in preseason. Wilson thinks that the first time Manning will take a snap from center in a game-like situation is in an actual game: Week One in Houston against the Texans.

WARNING

STAMPEDE BLUE LINK FOR PHILL QUOTE

My link

Yep, They brought in Wade Phillips to run the 3-4. Mario Williams even switched to OLB.

That is such a waste of one of the best defensive ends in the league.

Don't get me wrong, they're in our division so I'm glad they're squandering talent, but as a fan of football it's slightly bittersweet.

That is such a waste of one of the best defensive ends in the league.

Don't get me wrong, they're in our division so I'm glad they're squandering talent, but as a fan of football it's slightly bittersweet.

I think Mario Williams is athletic enough to play whatever position you want him to play, and to do so effectively. Plus, there's a guy in Dallas with 60 sacks in 4 years, playing outside linebacker in Wade Phillips' 3-4 defense.

I hope they take a couple seasons to get adjusted, simply because they're in our division, but I don't think Mario Williams is going to be a problem. I think he can thrive at that position. He's dropped a little weight, and says he's getting used to the change.

I think Mario Williams is athletic enough to play whatever position you want him to play, and to do so effectively. Plus, there's a guy in Dallas with 60 sacks in 4 years, playing outside linebacker in Wade Phillips' 3-4 defense.

I hope they take a couple seasons to get adjusted, simply because they're in our division, but I don't think Mario Williams is going to be a problem. I think he can thrive at that position. He's dropped a little weight, and says he's getting used to the change.

Yeah, that;s what I was about to say. Mario is going to play very similar to D-Ware once their defense starts picking up speed later in the season.