Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Running Backs

On January 25, 2017 at 5:47 PM, krunk said:

Only drawback I have on Williams is he was looking to retire from College Football at one point.  He's playing now though, but maybe a small concern about long term commitment.   Who knows?

No Jammaal Williams was not Joe Williams of Utah did

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take Fournette or Cook in the 1st in a heartbeat... "You don't use a 1st on a RB" is nonsense if he's the best OVERALL player available... either of those guys easily COULD be just that if they even make it to our pick...

Besides the afformentioned 2 backs, which I believe both can/will be great, everyone else is a RBBC back to me... Thats not a bad thing at all... I personally want someone to fill that role from this draft if we don't get Cook/Fournette... 

Thank you all for a couple of guys to read into/watch tape on if we don't end up with either of those 2

If we go outside the first round there's a good deal I like about Samaje Perine from Oklahoma.  Jamaal Williams I like also. Still need to look at more guys but I can definitely see Perine, Gore, and Turbin working together along with Ferguson or Todman as the receiving backs. .  I can see Williams too, but definitely Perine. 

48 minutes ago, krunk said:

If we go outside the first round there's a good deal I like about Samaje Perine from Oklahoma.  Jamaal Williams I like also. Still need to look at more guys but I can definitely see Perine, Gore, and Turbin working together along with Ferguson or Todman as the receiving backs. .  I can see Williams too, but definitely Perine. 

Have you watched Hunt or Gallman yet? Both guys would fit well in Indy. 

12 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I really hope Ballard brings Mixon here KC had success will Hill in the later rounds and he had off field issues too 

I was very high on Mixon. Until I did research and found out he's still done stupid % even after the girl incident. Still immature and still in anger management. If he would have stayed out of trouble AFTER the big incident, I would have took him in the 3rd. Now I don't know.

Ballard is a guy who will take a chance on guys though..

8 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I was very high on Mixon. Until I did research and found out he's still done stupid % even after the girl incident. Still immature and still in anger management. If he would have stayed out of trouble AFTER the big incident, I would have took him in the 3rd. Now I don't know.

Ballard is a guy who will take a chance on guys though..

I haven't heard of anything after that what was it?

7 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Got a ticket for something, and when he got it he ripped it up and threw it in the officers face. Think he got suspended for it.  Just showing he's still immature and can't be trusted. 

Ehh it was just a parking ticket not really a big deal to me 

Just now, Majin Vegeta said:

Not the point lol. Ripping up the ticket and throwing in in the officers face is a big deal. It shows he is still an immature punk.

He got a 1 game suspension no worse then anything any player has ever done. if you can look past the accident in the bar then I think he's in the clear 

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

He got a 1 game suspension no worse then anything any player has ever done. if you can look past the accident in the bar then I think he's in the clear 

Again not the point. The point is, he did something pretty damn bad and really hurt his drafting chances, so you'd think he'd try to be a good boy until the draft? No he does some stupid % like that. Immature and didn't learn anything from the first incident. That's my point. 

20 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Got a ticket for something, and when he got it he ripped it up and threw it in the officers face. Think he got suspended for it.  Just showing he's still immature and can't be trusted. 

By the time the draft comes around it will be nearly THREE YEARS since the terrible incident.

Three years show to most people that he can be trusted.      Is he still immature?     Sure.   He's 20.

Stuff like that happens to kids who are 20.      That's life in the NFL.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

By the time the draft comes around it will be nearly THREE YEARS since the terrible incident.

Three years show to most people that he can be trusted.      Is he still immature?     Sure.   He's 20.

Dude I just said he had an incident after hitting the girl. Wasn't 3 years ago.

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

That's why the ticket thing IMO just falls in the same column of the stupid stuff all kids do in college like you said he's 20 of course he's gonna be immature 

3 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Dude I just said he had an incident after hitting the girl. Wasn't 3 years ago.

Glad to see he won`t be charged for using the parking ticket as a weapon! Personally, I hope the Colts grab the kid. I think he`d have a great mentor in Gore for a season. I doubt he repeats what happened 3 years ago either and there are no indications of any failed drug test.

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

Glad to see he won`t be charged for using the parking ticket as a weapon! Personally, I hope the Colts grab the kid. I think he`d have a great mentor in Gore for a season. I doubt he repeats what happened 3 years ago either and there are no indications of any failed drug test.

Again, this wasn't 3 years ago. 

Like I said, you'd expect a dude to behave good after he * punched a woman in the face. But no he does stupid % like that. Still in anger managment too. I wanted Mixon in my mock draft weeks ago so obviously I like mixon as a football player just as much as you guys. But I don't want him before the 4th now. 

8 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

That's why the ticket thing IMO just falls in the same column of the stupid stuff all kids do in college like you said he's 20 of course he's gonna be immature 

lmao most dudes won't throw a ticket in an officers face and get suspended, after punching a girl in the face and getting suspended. If you don't understand that then idk what to tell ya lol. He hasn't made progress. 

Just now, Majin Vegeta said:

lmao most dudes won't throw a ticket in an officers face and get suspended, after punching a girl in the face and getting suspended. If you don't understand that then idk what to tell ya lol. 

It was a parking attendant not some police officer if it was an officer he would have been arrested 

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

A 20 year old kid. You expecting a 20 year old kid to be a saint for nearly 3 years is asking for too much.

You aren't wrong. But at some point these things become more about character and less about maturity. If a guy feels entitled/important enough as a college athlete to disrespect authority like that, what are they going to do as a starting NFL RB making millions?

The defense for Mixon is awfully similar to what we heard about Manziel. I would be very careful with him if I was Ballard. 

1 minute ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Okay broski, well I think it's dog dumb to do that when you already hurt your draft stock a ton. Jmo.

Sure it's dumb Jamis Winston did stupid stuff over and over in college nothing as bad as mixon but he did do it repeatedly. If he would have hit someone again then I'd agree but getting upset over a parking ticket 60 to 70% of the world will get * over that.

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Sure it's dumb Jamis Winston did stupid stuff over and over in college nothing as bad as mixon but he did do it repeatedly. If he would have hit someone again then I'd agree but getting upset over a parking ticket 60 to 70% of the world will get * over that.

Just think he could and should have handled that better. I do want Mixon though, hopefully 4th or 5th round. 

43 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

That's a very outdated and terrible way of thinking about things. The boys will be boys argument has been used to downplay terrible crimes and it needs to end. 

Just now, SP_21 said:

That's a very outdated and terrible way of thinking about things. The boys will be boys argument has been used to downplay terrible crimes and it needs to end. 

We are not even talking about the terrible crime? If Tyreek Hill can get drafted so can Joe Mixon it's complete bull % to think otherwise.

I am personally not a fan of Mixon. He is too much of a loose cannon IMO. Young or not, I am a person that would never in a million years punch some girl in the jaw when I could just walk away. I also would never even think of ripping up a ticket and throwing it in a cops face - that is just stupid. He is the type of a guy that would probably start a bar fight, from what I have seen if you looked at him wrong. Screw that. Too much of a risk. Jamaal Tinsley was like that for the Pacers, great talent but couldn't control his anger. He did the dumbest stuff, like punch a Bar owner for no reason and get in gun shoot outs. Doing dumb stuff being young to me is toilet papering someone's yard, prank phone calling someone, or getting drunk and going to a party your parents disapprove of. Not punching some girl in the jaw or ripping up a ticket that a cop gives you. Maybe I was raised different but that is just my opinions.

32 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Just think he could and should have handled that better. I do want Mixon though, hopefully 4th or 5th round. 

My take, I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.  Too many other good backs to take before him.  He's a suspension waiting to happen.  Wait until he gets some money in his pocket.  No thanks!   We'll probably take Fournett or Cook in the 1st. anyway.  Ballard is a big believer in BPA regardless of position.  If either one is there and they have them as BPA when there pick comes " welcome to Indy".

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

My take, I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.  Too many other good backs to take before him.  He's a suspension waiting to happen.  Wait until he gets some money in his pocket.  No thanks!   We'll probably take Fournett or Cook in the 1st. anyway.  Ballard is a big believer in BPA regardless of position.  If either one is there and they have them as BPA when there pick comes " welcome to Indy".

I agree 100%

15 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

We are not even talking about the terrible crime? If Tyreek Hill can get drafted so can Joe Mixon it's complete bull % to think otherwise.

I'm talking about your way of thinking. If you like *s like Mixon that's your right. But at 18 you should know better than punching anyone in the face. And after that incident with your career in jeopardy you shouldn't make another stupid decision... 

People like Mixon are time bombs. That's why at 21 years of age he still has to go to anger management. 

2 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

I'm talking about your way of thinking. If you like *s like Mixon that's your right. But at 18 you should know better than punching anyone in the face. And after that incident with your career in jeopardy you shouldn't make another stupid decision... 

People like Mixon are time bombs. That's why at 21 years of age he still has to go to anger management. 

I would roll the dice and take Cook at 15, then go all out on Defense with at least 2 Edge Rushers and 1 solid LB that can tackle - where tackling is his main strength against the run.

2 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

I belive in second chances. Not gonna judge him as a person for a mistake at 18 years old 

1 hour ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Again not the point. The point is, he did something pretty damn bad and really hurt his drafting chances, so you'd think he'd try to be a good boy until the draft? No he does some stupid % like that. Immature and didn't learn anything from the first incident. That's my point. 

Yeah he still has plenty of them me to do something else stupid, again... before the draft.