Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Receiver drop percentage by team


lollygagger8

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Oh I didnt realize he is supposed to block Clowney 1 on 1 im sure most tight ends would have fared about the same in that situation..That is a COACHING problem and a problem with Andrew Luck not having the awareness to recognize it...

I agree with the section of texts that I bolded from your post JS23, but not necessarily the whole statement in it's entirety. I won't criticize Luck in that situation because he's counting on his protection to hold up regardless. 

 

You know my views on Pagano & Grigson already. Enough said. I'm say 85% in agreement with your stance here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

A player that demands double Teams from o lineman should never be one on one with a TE. That's a dumb coaching move. No TE in the league could have been faulted for not making that play. 

You're not wrong SAD. But part of me understands why this coaching staff tried it. Dwayne Allen is a big body with long arms who might be able to slow JD down & give Andrew a few extra seconds. It didn't work that's true, but you don't know how a TE is gonna fare until you kick the tires on Allen as a throw a wrench in the works tool on 1 crucial play. 

 

Plus, you gotta remember Clowney hasn't really shown up & become a force of nature until this yr either. Nobody really knows what Clowney is yet as a pass rusher. His sample size of game wreck eye in the sky tape is too small & the dude is still recovering from surgery too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

You're not wrong SAD. But part of me understands why this coaching staff tried it. Dwayne Allen is a big body with long arms who might be able to slow JD down & give Andrew a few extra seconds. It didn't work that's true, but you don't know how a TE is gonna fare until you kick the tires on Allen as a throw a wrench in the works tool on 1 crucial play. 

 

Plus, you gotta remember Clowney hasn't really shown up & become a force of nature until this yr either. Nobody really knows what Clowney is yet as a pass rusher. His sample size of game wreck eye in the sky tape is too small & the dude is still recovering from surgery too. 

 

No I get why they tried it, you just cant really fault Allen when it goes wrong. The coaches didnt put him in a situation to succeed. They just kinda threw him in and hoped for the best. 

 

38 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I agree with the section of texts that I bolded from your post JS23, but not necessarily the whole statement in it's entirety. I won't criticize Luck in that situation because he's counting on his protection to hold up regardless. 

 

You know my views on Pagano & Grigson already. Enough said. I'm say 85% in agreement with your stance here. 

 

I cant speak for Jshipp for sure, but I think the logic there is that Luck knows (or should know) the blocking matchups and be able to notice the mismatch and either change the play or the protection accordingly. That being said we dont know if that was a specific blocking matchup they were looking for when they drew up the play. It may or may not fall on Luck and we will never really know. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:14 AM, lollygagger8 said:

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2016/

 

While I'll admit I thought that they'd lead the league, the Colts rank 7th in drops.  

 

Obviously this needs addressed (among many other things) but maybe the receivers needs to sleep with footballs in their arms like TY did his rookie year or something. 

 

 

So...what your saying is that Grigson needs to take a WR in Rd. 1.......am I right????

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2017 at 9:08 AM, SaturdayAllDay said:

He is credited with 3/25 according to 

 

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2016/

 

20 hours ago, DougDew said:

There are easy catches, and difficult catches.  Both are a factor in catch percentage.  I think Luck does not provide as many easy catches for his receivers as he should.

 

   Look at the drop % for the players catching from Brady, Rodgers, Ryan, Brees, Prescott.
 

 This is obvious from day 1. Lucky is throwing the ball somewhat lower than in the past, but he still is very average with touch, in leading his receivers and throwing on time into tight windows.
 Lucky loves the long ball and loves to make his decision to throw After his receiver makes his break.
  He does make a lot of great throws for sure. Hope he continues to improve.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

 

drop
dräp/
verb
 
  1. 1.
    let or make (something) fall vertically.

 

Image result for smiley emoji

 

 

This response was priceless. It's direct, it's funny, & it answers the question of what a drop literally is. I love your humor Lolly. Probably because I'm the exact same way myself. Keep it up. Once a ______; Always a ______ right? I leave it up to you to drop in your favorite adjective my man. :D

 

It's cool OUM. I meant no disrespect either BTW. It was a legit question since even the refs calling games struggle with consistency over what they classify as a catch week to week on average. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

 

No I get why they tried it, you just cant really fault Allen when it goes wrong. The coaches didnt put him in a situation to succeed. They just kinda threw him in and hoped for the best. 

 

 

I cant speak for Jshipp for sure, but I think the logic there is that Luck knows (or should know) the blocking matchups and be able to notice the mismatch and either change the play or the protection accordingly. That being said we dont know if that was a specific blocking matchup they were looking for when they drew up the play. It may or may not fall on Luck and we will never really know. 

Yeah, sometimes it does come across like this coaching staff is giving the misguided impression that they are overwhelmed & confused what to do at times. What's that old saying? "Nobody plans to fail, but they can fail to plan" right? 

 

You might be right. Luck has to know he can't delay. He has to release that ball like his hand is literally on fire. I cut Chewbacca a lot of flack since Grigson has done a inferior job of protecting Luck until most recently. Like others have already said, I'm more upset at Ryan than I am at Chuck personally. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Yeah, sometimes it does come across like this coaching staff is giving the misguided impression that they are overwhelmed & confused what to do at times. What's that old saying? "Nobody plans to fail, but they can fail to plan" right? 

 

You might be right. Luck has to know he can't delay. He has to release that ball like his hand is literally on fire. I cut Chewbacca a lot of flack since Grigson has done a inferior job of protecting Luck until most recently. Like others have already said, I'm more upset at Ryan than I am at Chuck personally. 

 

 

Im honestly not sure who is the bigger problem between chuck and Grigson.  I feel like they are just a bad fit together.  Grigson seems to covet players that need to be coached up and Pagano doesn't seem to be able to make anything out of them.  

Grigsons refusal to change his approach has definitely hurt this team but I think if we had a different coach things may be different.

 

 If I have the time next week I'm planning on doing a bunch of research on grigsons work in Philly and who he worked with (both scouting and coaching). I'm wondering if maybe it's the approach the organization took when they had a coach like Reid around. Reid is a good coach and always seems to be able to succeed with very few playmakers on offense and a slew of injuries on KC. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Im honestly not sure who is the bigger problem between chuck and Grigson.  I feel like they are just a bad fit together.  Grigson seems to covet players that need to be coached up and Pagano doesn't seem to be able to make anything out of them.  

Grigsons refusal to change his approach has definitely hurt this team but I think if we had a different coach things may be different.

 

 If I have the time next week I'm planning on doing a bunch of research on grigsons work in Philly and who he worked with (both scouting and coaching). I'm wondering if maybe it's the approach the organization took when they had a coach like Reid around. Reid is a good coach and always seems to be able to succeed with very few playmakers on offense and a slew of injuries on KC. 

I look forward to reading your thoughts on Ryan's track record & management style in Philly SAD, especially since not all that much is known about how Grigs perceives what his top priorities are as a former scout & until Jimmy hired him in INDY; Ryan never got a chance to assemble a roster from top to bottom.

 

I still want both Chuck & Ryan gone, but if you force me to keep one, it would be Pagano for 1 more yr.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...