Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

3 Round Mock Draft

I would agree with everyone and say I would pass on Williams and try and get McKinley if available.  I see him as a better fit and an instant impact.  McMillan I like but I would hope for someone like Kamara if available in the 3rd. (probably will not be though).  He has better hands than Foreman and we need a pass catching threat out of the backfield IMO.

1 hour ago, ColtsArmy84 said:

1st Round- Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama

2nd Round- Raekwon McMillan, ILB, OSU

3rd Round- D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas

Not a huge fan of your draft. Would rather have a pass rusher like Barnett or McKinley possibly after a trade down. 2nd round Id go CB since there is good value in the 2nd to find a potential #1 corner. If Indy doesn't trade down and get more picks the earliest I want them to take a RB is round 4.

8 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Not a huge fan of your draft. Would rather have a pass rusher like Barnett or McKinley possibly after a trade down. 2nd round Id go CB since there is good value in the 2nd to find a potential #1 corner. If Indy doesn't trade down and get more picks the earliest I want them to take a RB is round 4.

Barnett may not even be there when we pick so highly unlikely we get him after trading back.

2 hours ago, ColtsArmy84 said:

1st Round- Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama

2nd Round- Raekwon McMillan, ILB, OSU

3rd Round- D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas

Not a huge fan either. If we traded down and received an extra 2nd or 3rd and picked Tim Williams, I'd be fine with it. At this time, with his character concerns, there will be better options at 14 or 15. Fine with McMillian, though I prefer Jarrad Davis over him there. Davis may or may not fall, but your 2nd round pick is my favorite of the 3. Last pick, I don't mind the position, but Foreman is a reach. Rather have someone like Samaje Perine there. Kamara and Gallman are also better options IMO. I think the positions are fine, but the players are dreadful in those rounds.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Not a huge fan either. If we traded down and received an extra 2nd or 3rd and picked Tim Williams, I'd be fine with it. At this time, with his character concerns, there will be better options at 14 or 15. Fine with McMillian, though I prefer Jarrad Davis over him there. Davis may or may not fall, but your 2nd round pick is my favorite of the 3. Last pick, I don't mind the position, but Foreman is a reach. Rather have someone like Samaje Perine there. Kamara and Gallman are also better options IMO. I think the positions are fine, but the players are dreadful in those rounds.

I am curious of why these players are dreadful in these rounds?  These are pretty consistent with anything that has been put out.  Many experts claim McMillan to be the 3rd or 4th best ILB.  Foreman has been projected in 2nd or 3rd round.  I have seen many experts still saying Williams is top-15 to 20.  I do not agree with t he Williams thing but as of right now I would disagree and say he put these in a good spot.  Pretty realistic.

Just now, DaColts85 said:

I am curious of why these players are dreadful in these rounds?  These are pretty consistent with anything that has been put out.  Many experts claim McMillan to be the 3rd or 4th best ILB.  Foreman has been projected in 2nd or 3rd round.  I have seen many experts still saying Williams is top-15 to 20.  I do not agree with t he Williams thing but as of right now I would disagree and say he put these in a good spot.  Pretty realistic.

I'm basing it on research I've done so far and personal preference. Williams will definitely fall a bit. At best, he's a decent pick that we could of gotten slightly later, at worst, he's a burnout with character issues and we wasted a 1st rounder. He is a solid pass rusher, so I'm willing to take a chance, but only if we trade down and pick up an insurance pick as well. I like McMillian and completely agree. Only disagreement is I like Jarrad Davis a lot better and have him ranked as the 3rd best ILB behind foster and cunningham. Not much disagreement there except for a different preference. Foreman I'm just not the biggest fan of, I think he'll be overdrafted. I like Perine, Kamara, and Gallman better right now. I would much rather have any of them in the 3rd. Foreman may go before them though.

37 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm basing it on research I've done so far and personal preference. Williams will definitely fall a bit. At best, he's a decent pick that we could of gotten slightly later, at worst, he's a burnout with character issues and we wasted a 1st rounder. He is a solid pass rusher, so I'm willing to take a chance, but only if we trade down and pick up an insurance pick as well. I like McMillian and completely agree. Only disagreement is I like Jarrad Davis a lot better and have him ranked as the 3rd best ILB behind foster and cunningham. Not much disagreement there except for a different preference. Foreman I'm just not the biggest fan of, I think he'll be overdrafted. I like Perine, Kamara, and Gallman better right now. I would much rather have any of them in the 3rd. Foreman may go before them though.

I agree with everything you said but the initial point was you were tearing the draft down based on where they were drafted but as of right now that is pretty fair of placement for each player by round.  That is all I am saying.  But your statements above I would completely agree.  I do not want Tim Williams in the first because I think he will not translate well unless he gets a solid coach who can work with him over a year or two to get more moves and run stopping abilities.  I do like Davis and like him more each day but for some reason I think he is gone day 1 or very early 2nd round.  Also, I do not favor Foreman because he is a large back with power but I would rather have our typical RB like an Edge or Addai.  Get someone with speed and vision who can also catch.  Kamara is a good fit in  later rounds if we do not grab Cook in the 1st.

1 minute ago, DaColts85 said:

I agree with everything you said but the initial point was you were tearing the draft down based on where they were drafted but as of right now that is pretty fair of placement for each player by round.  That is all I am saying.  But your statements above I would completely agree.  I do not want Tim Williams in the first because I think he will not translate well unless he gets a solid coach who can work with him over a year or two to get more moves and run stopping abilities.  I do like Davis and like him more each day but for some reason I think he is gone day 1 or very early 2nd round.  Also, I do not favor Foreman because he is a large back with power but I would rather have our typical RB like an Edge or Addai.  Get someone with speed and vision who can also catch.  Kamara is a good fit in  later rounds if we do not grab Cook in the 1st.

Yeah, Donta Foreman honestly reminds me of Trent Richardson. He is a power back that will fall when gets to defenders quickly and get tackled. He also can't pass-catch, and Luck needs someone who can. I wouldn't take Foreman until the 4th, but that's my preference.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, Donta Foreman honestly reminds me of Trent Richardson. He is a power back that will fall when gets to defenders quickly and get tackled. He also can't pass-catch, and Luck needs someone who can. I wouldn't take Foreman until the 4th, but that's my preference.

I could not agree more actually.  I watched a few of his games and he did not impress me that much.  If we did not draft one until the 4th or 5th and he was there ok but even then there are others that I see as a better fit. 

2 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I could not agree more actually.  I watched a few of his games and he did not impress me that much.  If we did not draft one until the 4th or 5th and he was there ok but even then there are others that I see as a better fit. 

Also, to be fair to the OP, I will watch more tape on McMillian before criticizing it too much. I'm just high on Jarrad Davis in the same round, and Foster in the 1st to where McMillian has gone under the radar for me. He will have to impress on tape to choose him over Davis though. Still learning about everyone. :) 

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Also, to be fair to the OP, I will watch more tape on McMillian before criticizing it too much. I'm just high on Jarrad Davis in the same round, and Foster in the 1st to where McMillian has gone under the radar for me. He will have to impress on tape to choose him over Davis though. Still learning about everyone. :) 

I think McMillan will be a solid pro.  I would much rather have Foster and hopefully he is available.

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You guys keep overrating guys like Gallman and Perrine. I've checked a few sights and most people don't even have Gallman as a top 10 RB or top 50 player overall. Perrine is pretty ordinary. Kamara I have to watch more tape on because he's shooting up draft boards. Foreman is a bargain in the 2nd IMO. He's got underrated speed and vision if you really watch the tape. The problem is he's tall and muscular so we automatically assume he's just a big bruising runner with a 1 dimensional game. He's better than any of the backs you mentioned IMO.

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

You guys keep overrating guys like Gallman and Perrine. I've checked a few sights and most people don't even have Gallman as a top 10 RB or top 50 player overall. Perrine is pretty ordinary. Kamara I have to watch more tape on because he's shooting up draft boards. Foreman is a bargain in the 2nd IMO. He's got underrated speed and vision if you really watch the tape. The problem is he's tall and muscular so we automatically assume he's just a big bruising runner with a 1 dimensional game. He's better than any of the backs you mentioned IMO.

So if you think Foreman is a bargain in the 2nd, you'd take him in the 1st? Have to say, I think you're crazy. He's not anywhere near Fournette, Cook, or even McCaffery's level.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

So if you think Foreman is a bargain in the 2nd, you'd take him in the 1st? Have to say, I think you're crazy. He's not anywhere near Fournette, Cook, or even McCaffery's level.

I meant 3rd lol. I think he's super talented. You don't rush for 2,000 yards and it just be a fluke

On 1/18/2017 at 9:53 AM, Defjamz26 said:

I like it. I just wouldn't take Tim Williams in the first. Mainly because of his character issues, but I also feel he's a little overrated.

On 1/18/2017 at 10:41 AM, DaColts85 said:

I would agree with everyone and say I would pass on Williams and try and get McKinley if available.  I see him as a better fit and an instant impact.  McMillan I like but I would hope for someone like Kamara if available in the 3rd. (probably will not be though).  He has better hands than Foreman and we need a pass catching threat out of the backfield IMO.

On 1/18/2017 at 10:31 AM, jameszeigler834 said:

I would take Barnett if there I wouldn't take Williams either.

23 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

23 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Go watch some film!! Do some research on the guy. Is he a druggy? Is it fair to call him a potential burn out? When his "character issues" involve him carrying his legally owned weapon without the proper documentation, still stupid, but a burn out? That's a joke.Tak McKinley I like, but he's kind of a stiff athlete who wins more with effort which is great, but Tim beats you be4 you even have a chance. Derek Barnett is very talented, dont think hell excell in a 3-4 scheme and if he is forced into one, homeboy gotta lose a lot of body fat and again not the ideal athlete for an edge. Teams will have to scheme for tim, like I said go watch some film, I haven't seen a get off that dirty since von Miller. Not as complete as Von, and tim needs to bulk up ALOT but I think after the combine you guys will change your minds

Edited by Nadine
baiting

22 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I like Foreman as a back personally. He's a quicker my agile Blount too me however you made a statement I feel is going to be very correct about him in that he's going to be way over drafted. I've seen mocks of him going in the first but I wouldn't take him until the 3rd. The dude is huge though and can move

2 hours ago, Tmoney said:

Go watch some film!! Do some research on the guy. Is he a druggy? Is it fair to call him a potential burn out? When his "character issues" involve him carrying his legally owned weapon without the proper documentation, still stupid, but a burn out? That's a joke.Tak McKinley I like, but he's kind of a stiff athlete who wins more with effort which is great, but Tim beats you be4 you even have a chance. Derek Barnett is very talented, dont think hell excell in a 3-4 scheme and if he is forced into one, homeboy gotta lose a lot of body fat and again not the ideal athlete for an edge. Teams will have to scheme for tim, like I said go watch some film, I haven't seen a get off that dirty since von Miller. Not as complete as Von, and tim needs to bulk up ALOT but I think after the combine you guys will change your minds

Tim Williams is overrated in my opinion I just think there are better players in this draft than him like Ryan Anderson that guy seems to be a beast shows up on film and Anderson was a monster in the championship game and Williams did little to nothing to catch my eye.

2 hours ago, Tmoney said:

When watching film on him the problem is that I personally do not see what you do apparently.  I end up seeing Anderson and Allen and a few other guys more.  Or I see a coverage sack because the competition has weak WR's or a terrible QB.  Will he have the potential to be good yes but he also has  the benefit of being on one of the best D's hands down.  So he saw a lot of one-on-one with some weak Tackles.  I just see him as being overrated and in the pros I see him getting overshadowed and not being a true 1st round pick.  I would rather pick McKinley or a few others because they scheme to be a better scheme fit to me.  But it is Grigson who chooses in the end not me.

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 4:21 PM, jseg18 said:

That boy from Stanford would be nice at that spot in the 1st.

My issue with him is that from what I've seen he is usually lined up inside for Stanford as opposed to a 4-3DE/3-4OLB. I cant remember seeing him standing-up either. Dude has skills and a great motor but I question the scheme fit.

On 1/18/2017 at 0:56 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

YES. I was just making the comparison in my head. Foreman is unquestionably powerful and tough to bring down, but I don't watch him and think "Wow, that guy's explosive." I do think he has more potential than Richardson (knowing what we know about Richardson), but I worry his usage could be limited and less valuable, and he won't be as much of a game-planning headache for defensive coordinators that a diverse, explosive back like Fournette, Cook, Kamara and others might be.