Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Great Article On How This Year's Superbowl Teams Were Built

cokomenow

Link is down below:

http://www.nfl.com/s...ies-differences

Personally, I'd like to see more movement towards the Patriot offensive mindset regarding the front line

Preaching to the choir on this one! I can't think of many things I would rather see than an unbreakable wall of 1st and 2nd round offensive linemen. That is where football games really get decided, at the line of scrimmage. Just watch Brady sometime, really watch him. He can stand flat footed in the pocket surveying the field, wait for someone to break open, and deliver the ball. That is a luxury I would love to see the Colts have! I am a huge fan of the Patriot offense.

You can rely only so much on your skill position players and a QB's quick release when you can't protect him well enough for the QB-skill player connection to work. Besides, when good run stopping teams like the Ravens & Steelers (and Chargers in the past) play pass more, the Pats' O-line finds a way to run it just as well, and that has been the key to most of the playoff success they have had on offense the last decade.

Preaching to the choir on this one! I can't think of many things I would rather see than an unbreakable wall of 1st and 2nd round offensive linemen. That is where football games really get decided, at the line of scrimmage. Just watch Brady sometime, really watch him. He can stand flat footed in the pocket surveying the field, wait for someone to break open, and deliver the ball. That is a luxury I would love to see the Colts have! I am a huge fan of the Patriot offense.

Actually Brady was sacked quite a bit. He was the 13th most-sacked QB in 2011. So I don't think his OL is that good.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/sacks/seasontype/2