Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor central -- Pagano and Grigson reports, 1/16 (merge)

gnet550

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I'm outside of the Indy market.  What's the best way for someone like me to catch this JMV?

Just now, Restored said:

'1070 the fan has a website.

There's also an 1070 the fan app (at least for android).  JMV's show is usually from around 4-6, M-F, sometimes it starts at 3 and sometimes it ends at 7.  Just depends on what's going on in Indy sports that day.  There are sometiems two of them and for whatever reason, I find myself having to download one to listen to, and then switch to the other, I'm not sure why that is, but just to make you aware.  

4 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Yeah I never liked RGIII but Mike didn't do him any favors

I am down with Luck from the jump.  However, I was cool with RGIII.  The way Shanahan put him in harm's way in that playoff game and looked blankly on as he lied there in pain on the turf infuriated me.  He was a big contributor to RGIII being run into the ground.  Treated his "franchise" QB with reckless disregard in my opinion.  I don't want that man anywhere near Andrew Luck.

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

I am down with Luck from the jump.  However, I was cool with RGIII.  The way Shanahan put him in harm's way in that playoff game and looked blankly on as he lied there thriving on the turf infuriated me.  He was a big contributor to RGIII being run into the ground.  Treated his "franchise" QB with reckless disregard in my opinion.  I don't want that man anywhere near Andrew Luck.

I can't disagree with that. The QB that led them to a 10-6 record, division championship and 14-0 lead on the Seahawks, and Mike completely hates him when that happened

9 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

There's also an 1070 the fan app (at least for android).  JMV's show is usually from around 4-6, M-F, sometimes it starts at 3 and sometimes it ends at 7.  Just depends on what's going on in Indy sports that day.  There are sometiems two of them and for whatever reason, I find myself having to download one to listen to, and then switch to the other, I'm not sure why that is, but just to make you aware.  

Ok just seeing your post OPC.  Much thanks my friend. 

7 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I am down with Luck from the jump.  However, I was cool with RGIII.  The way Shanahan put him in harm's way in that playoff game and looked blankly on as he lied there in pain on the turf infuriated me.  He was a big contributor to RGIII being run into the ground.  Treated his "franchise" QB with reckless disregard in my opinion.  I don't want that man anywhere near Andrew Luck.

I don't know.... you take an owner, who knows nothing, but has a huge ego, ordering an experienced HC who knows a lot, and has a huge ego, to start a particular QB, and bad things can happen. See Titans and Fisher.

Just my take.

12 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

TBF Mike preferred Kirk Cousins over RGIII and he was right.  Also RGIII's playing style was the biggest contributor to him being run into the ground.  

If you guys are looking for a surprise turn of events, then how about this:

Pagano is fired, and Irsay introduces Gruden.

Wait, what?! Gruden? But he said no!

Of course he would say no in semi-public. The news broke, and he didn't wanna come back as a HC by showing public interest in a job that wasn't open. Hell no. So there was a leak about the conversation between Gruden and Irsay, and they had to cook something up in a hurry. Gruden denies - but not via a direct quote - and buys Irsay time to fire Pagano and start interviewing for the HC job. Now Gruden accepts and they can always spin it and something extra Irsay was giving him.

See, now I'm messing with your mind!

Totally unlikely but let us see if it is crazy enough to hit the rumor mill! lmao

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Pagano is a very good man with a really good feel good story but like you said that doesn't mean he's the man to take the Colts where they want to go.

honestly after the whole Gruden thing I wouldn't blame Pagano for quitting before Irsay could fire him.

I agree with you and I would also add that if Pagano is fired, Grigson needs to be fired as well.  

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Doubtful.  If he quits he essentially lets Irsay off the hook concerning the remaining $ due to him under the rest of his contract.  If he is smart he will be fired and have Irsay remain on the hook for the money owed to him. 

I am not saying he will, I am just saying I wouldn't blame him if he did.

2 hours ago, coltsleafs said:

If this is true I really feel for Pagano he really is a tremendous person I only got to meet him briefly but could tell in that short time he was a great guy and why his players absolutely love him. I want to thank him for all he has done for Indy in his time here first three years advancing one playoff round further each year truly impressive in my opinion. Also impressed about the Colts going 8 - 8 in the season Luck missed over half the games something that they would have never done in the Manning Era. This year unfortunately was a very disappointing season and the way things work these days all it takes is one awful season and your gone. I wish him the best of the luck in his future opportunities and I hope this works out for the Cotls. 

He is a good guy, but he's made more in 5 years with the Colts than I'll make than most make in a lifetime. So he'll be fine don't feel sorry for him. 

I would recommend the Tune-In app for anyone out of town that wants to catch any of the 1070 shows. The 1070 website and app have all sorts of issues with connectivity and audio quality. I've never had an issue on Tune-In. You can also listen from their website if you don't want to download an app.

4 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

He is a good guy, but he's made more in 5 years with the Colts than I'll make than most make in a lifetime. So he'll be fine don't feel sorry for him. 

The way this is all going down isn't right if your firing the guy let him know don't let  him dangle in wind like this.

8 minutes ago, Mr Clueless said:

Of course he would say no in semi-public. The news broke, and he didn't wanna come back as a HC by showing public interest in a job that wasn't open. Hell no. So there was a leak about the conversation between Gruden and Irsay, and they had to cook something up in a hurry. Gruden denies - but not via a direct quote - and buys Irsay time to fire Pagano and start interviewing for the HC job. Now Gruden accepts and they can always spin it and something extra Irsay was giving him.

Totally unlikely but let us see if it is crazy enough to hit the rumor mill! lmao

I0Svc.gif

13 minutes ago, Mr Clueless said:

Don't you dare toy with my heart here....

1 hour ago, chrisfarley said:

good OC, not proven as a HC (sucked at Denver) not unlike Pagano when he came into the league....just don't think we can take the chance.  must get a HC in the NFL with a winning record and winning playoffs record that coached within the last 3 years.

He's not like Pagano. He's been a successful coordinator for many years. Pagano had one season as coordinator with an already built defense. Denver made the mistake of giving McDaniels too much control right out of the gate. It would be nice if we could pair a new coach with a successful proven veteran DC. 

18 minutes ago, BCoop said:

I would recommend the Tune-In app for anyone out of town that wants to catch any of the 1070 shows. The 1070 website and app have all sorts of issues with connectivity and audio quality. I've never had an issue on Tune-In. You can also listen from their website if you don't want to download an app.

Thanks...I just downloaded both apps.  I should be all set now!

1 hour ago, chrisfarley said:

good OC, not proven as a HC (sucked at Denver) not unlike Pagano when he came into the league....just don't think we can take the chance.  must get a HC in the NFL with a winning record and winning playoffs record that coached within the last 3 years.

Like who??

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

Why can't people just accept that Pagano and Grigson are going to be here next season?

I don't believe these reports at all.  Why would he wait this long to pull the trigger?

it's exactly the same amount of time he waited to can Caldwell...... doesn't mean any of these rumors are true, just means Irsay would have thought the delay worth getting "his guy(s)"

Just now, Valpo2004 said:

Why can't people just accept that Pagano and Grigson are going to be here next season?

I don't believe these reports at all.  Why would he wait this long to pull the trigger?

As in the movie Network I want us to all yell"Not going to take it anymore" with the endless speculation. Jimmy not talking or tweeting about this does not help either.

6 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Pagano must be one hell of an interviewee.....  to get hired, than again last year...... man

He gets a bad rap here because of the cliches and coachspeak, but all indications are that he's a great motivator, that his players respond well to him, and that he interviewed great in 2012. Grigson and everyone else always speaks highly of him:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--best-story-of-2012-nfl-season--try-chuck-pagano--bruce-arians-and-the-incredible-colts-223145304.html

A few days later, Grigson's heart raced as he interviewed Pagano. The coach was everything he hoped: a strong, enthusiastic presence. At one point Grigson showed his yellow legal pad to the teams' longtime COO Pete Ward. On it he wrote: "Players will run through walls for this guy."