Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor central -- Pagano and Grigson reports, 1/16 (merge)

gnet550

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

If I was Pagano, id almost want to be let go with how all this transpired. However, im not sold on hiring an unproven coordinator for a long term commitment. I'd rather Irsay to continue to swing for the fences. I think there will be much better candidates next year.

Well Pagano was hired and he was an unproven coordinator.  We can't blame Pagano's downfall totally on Grigson's bad drafts and FA signings.  A lot of Pagano's problems stem from the staff that he's surrounding himself with.  

39 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I don't think taking TJ in the 2nd is improving. It's actually the same old stuff, loving him some project players. 

This offseason will be telling for Grigson. 

TJ was a Pagano pick, although it does ultimately fall on Grigson.

At least we got a center :dunno:

11 minutes ago, bababooey said:

We don't know who's pick it was. Just  our opinions. His only attribute being speed makes me think it was a Grigson pick thogh..

But yeah Ryan Kelly is a baller. Hopefully Clark becomes a baller too haha.

7 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

We don't know who's pick it was. Just  our opinions. His only attribute being speed makes me think it was a Grigson pick thogh..

But yeah Ryan Kelly is a baller. Hopefully Clark becomes a baller too haha.

I was under the impression, especially from reading on the forum here, that Pagano was heavily involved in the Green pick, and wanted him before trading back with Green Bay. Only reason why I don't put it wholly on Grigson although every pick he has final say. Would be nice to not have to mix and match O Lines every week.

24 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Well Pagano was hired and he was an unproven coordinator.  We can't blame Pagano's downfall totally on Grigson's bad drafts and FA signings.  A lot of Pagano's problems stem from the staff that he's surrounding himself with.  

Tons of friends, but I'm glad he didn't go full Rex Ran and bring his brother over.

17 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I think overall it was a good draft. Every rookie made the team and got playing time. Whining about T.J. Green after only one season is a bit premature. I didn`t like the pick, but I`m not ready to give up on him after one season. He wouldn`t have sniffed the field if it had not been for injuries anyways.

57 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

not sure what this means but Josh McDaniels bowed out of the 49ers position.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9281/josh-mcdaniels

good OC, not proven as a HC (sucked at Denver) not unlike Pagano when he came into the league....just don't think we can take the chance.  must get a HC in the NFL with a winning record and winning playoffs record that coached within the last 3 years.

1 hour ago, Vinatieri4 said:

I thought they both had a contract to where if one was fired, the other was going with it? Unless if that's something I'm making up.

Never mind:

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Chuck-Pagano-Ryan-Grigson-Tied-Contractually-For-Next-Four-Years/80cadabc-a6b2-4193-8852-04793c82828f

Not really. There's no such thing. Irsay's statement shouldn't be taken literally. 

1 minute ago, chrisfarley said:

good OC, not proven as a HC not unlike Pagano....just don't think we can take the chance.  must get a HC in the NFL with a winning record and winning playoffs record that coached within the last 3 years.

If you see someone just laying around with those credentials, let us know!

7 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

good OC, not proven as a HC (sucked at Denver) not unlike Pagano when he came into the league....just don't think we can take the chance.  must get a HC in the NFL with a winning record and winning playoffs record that coached within the last 3 years.

Who might that be?!?

9 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

That was 7 years ago.

And he was pretty impressive with backup QBs this year. 

10 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

money_grow_trees.PNG

9 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

Winning a playoff game with Tim Tebow and then going back and coaching under BB with Brady for a few more years is not a bad thing.

Just now, Superman said:

Dan Graham???

giphy.gif

I thought I knew a good amount of Indy guys to follow (Holder, Keefer, Mike Wells, Doyel, Kravitz) as someone who lives nowhere near Indy. But now Dan Graham, JMV, Brad Wells. I'm lost. Anybody else worth a follow that I missed?

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

It's getting ridiculous.  It's almost to the point that threads should be suspended until the legitimacy of them is proven.  We're becoming facebook reporting on the election with the "news" being thrown around here...

Or every time someone farted during deflategate it got a new thread that ended up getting closed until someone else farted.

1 minute ago, bababooey said:

I thought I knew a good amount of Indy guys to follow (Holder, Keefer, Mike Wells, Doyel, Kravitz) as someone who lives nowhere near Indy. But now Dan Graham, JMV, Brad Wells. I'm lost. Anybody else worth a follow that I missed?

JMV is a pretty good source and high profile......

Just now, bababooey said:

JMV is a legit guy. I'm not sure who Dan Graham is, the name seems familiar, but it's Dan Graham, that's a plain enough name that it could be anybody. Brad Wells is a troll, he may or may not have legit information on this matter -- though none of it has been proved true -- but I wouldn't call him worth a follow.

The guys you follow now are good enough for week to week information. The national guys -- Glazer, Graziano, Mort, Schefter, etc. -- are the ones who seem to get the breaking news. 

I'm getting a sickening feeling that Irsay fires Pagano only to replace him with Mike "the quarterback killer" Shanahan.  Ugh.  Heard that Mike has been getting the coaching itch and has been cold calling teams.  I could see a desperate Jimmy thinking this would be a good move...seeing him as a "big name splash".  To be clear these are just my thoughts based on my best guess of the various rumors I've been reading online. No sources or anything just my fear of what might happen.

JMV is the guy to listen to. Has great sources and can report things that the print media will not. Just like the Manning and Gruden stuff.  He was talking about that weeks ago and not until the deal was off the table did the local print guys and national boys report it.  If Pagano is going to be fired i can't believe JMV wouldn't have heard it. 

5 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Or every time someone farted during deflategate it got a new thread that ended up getting closed until someone else farted.

There was at leas ta little more legitimacy to some of those - for instance a video, or statements from the NFL or Patriots.  The developments might not have been anything really impactful, but at least most of the time it was a legitimate report from a legitimate source.  

The stuff being reported on around here is sources upon sources, sometimes from people that no one's ever heard of.  It's the stuff that most all of us dismiss, except now there's a large portion of us dying for change, so our biases give them more credit than we otherwise would.

4 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I'm getting a sickening feeling that Irsay fires Pagano only to replace him with Mike "the quarterback killer" Shanahan.  Ugh.  Heard that Mike has been getting the coaching itch and has been cold calling teams.  I could see a desperate Jimmy thinking this would be a good move.  To be clear these are just my thoughts based on my best guess of the various rumors I've been reading online. No sources or anything just my fear of what might happen.

I would definitely take the other Shanahan by the name of Kyle. I think he has a lot of promise

1 minute ago, indy1888 said:

JMV is the guy to listen to. Has great sources and can report things that the print media will not. Just like the Manning and Gruden stuff.  He was talking about that weeks ago and not until the deal was off the table did the local print guys and national boys report it.  If Pagano is going to be fired i can't believe JMV wouldn't have heard it. 

I'm outside of the Indy market.  What's the best way for someone like me to catch this JMV?

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I would definitely take the other Shanahan by the name of Kyle. I think he has a lot of promise

That's the Shanahan I would want...certainly not the old man. But sounding like the Niners are close to locking Kyle down.   I saw enough of the old man in Washington.  (shivers)