Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor central -- Pagano and Grigson reports, 1/16 (merge)

gnet550

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

Pagano's a very good man and was great to help get the Colts started again....unfortunately he may not be what's needed to get the Colts to the next level consistently.

Pagano is a very good man with a really good feel good story but like you said that doesn't mean he's the man to take the Colts where they want to go.

honestly after the whole Gruden thing I wouldn't blame Pagano for quitting before Irsay could fire him.

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I'm going to be so skeptical of everything I hear today. I feel like people are just going to run with Let's Knock 'Em Down's growing presence, they've already gained over 300+ followers almost overnight, so yeah. Super skeptical.

But I want to believe.

Yeah, I am not buying anything until the Colts have a presser to announce it or until Pagano is here next season.

He is a good man. A great human being with an amazing personal comeback story. And I actually think a decent football mind if put in the right role. 

He should have been let go after the season ended. It would have been much more respectful and professional, and then the vacancy would have been there all along. 

I don't know what to think about Grigson anymore. It's honestly exhausting. "He's done 'this' but he's also done 'that'." Which makes him good? Or bad? Or both? 

Free agency and the draft loom enormously over this team like Pike's Peak over Colorado Springs. The implications on what this team does will be harsh for better or for worse.  

If this is true I really feel for Pagano he really is a tremendous person I only got to meet him briefly but could tell in that short time he was a great guy and why his players absolutely love him. I want to thank him for all he has done for Indy in his time here first three years advancing one playoff round further each year truly impressive in my opinion. Also impressed about the Colts going 8 - 8 in the season Luck missed over half the games something that they would have never done in the Manning Era. This year unfortunately was a very disappointing season and the way things work these days all it takes is one awful season and your gone. I wish him the best of the luck in his future opportunities and I hope this works out for the Cotls. 

6 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

if this is true, and Grigson stays, what happened to "tied at the hip"?

Although it may not pan out, Grigson's intentions this past year draft wise have shown some improvement (you've got to think we still have a couple guys on the team in 3 years unlike in 2013) vs. Chuck who has gone downhill in a "what have you done for me lately" league. 

2 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Although it may not pan out, Grigson's intentions this past year draft wise have shown some improvement (you've got to think we still have a couple guys on the team in 3 years unlike in 2013) vs. Chuck who has gone downhill in a "what have you done for me lately" league. 

I don't think taking TJ in the 2nd is improving. It's actually the same old stuff, loving him some project players. 

This offseason will be telling for Grigson. 

7 minutes ago, bababooey said:

It is a result of giving both of them 4 year contracts and now Jim has to choose the lesser of two evils. It will always be the "chicken" or the "egg" case with Pagano and Grigson. 

It is best for all of us to wait till something official happens.

15 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I don't think taking TJ in the 2nd is improving. It's actually the same old stuff, loving him some project players. 

This offseason will be telling for Grigson. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Green was a Pagano pick, just like I think Le'Raven Clark seemed like a guy Grigson would like.

Obviously I have no way of knowing though.

The more people start reporting it, the more you tend to believe it, though I don't believe all the details, or reasoning, at all, yet.

Last night Kravitz stated on TV that it's been confirmed that Gruden turned down a job with the Colts, and that Irsay's been talking to Peyton about a FO job.

The only thing I'm starting to believe may happen is Pagano losing his job. However, I'm not willing to believe all the reasoning, and other stuff being said.

As jshipp23 likes to throw out there in the opposite direction......'what are they supposed to say' applies on multiple levels.

Heck, for all we know, Pagano has told Irsay that he's lost it, and can't follow this path any longer (fatigue, or health issues?), and Irsay allowed him to stay on (get paid) while he looks for a replacement.

We've been surprised before, and I think we need to get used to it.

I just don't know.

None of us do, so it'd be great if we'd stop casting stones based on rumors.

I don't believe there's a devil, or witch, in the group.

17 minutes ago, Luck2Hilton4TD said:

Is Dan Graham reliable? Never heard of him. 

I would say Dan Graham is definitely more reliable than the Let's Knock Em dead twitter...he is a writer for many sports blogs...supports the Colts and has 15K followers

11 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

not sure what this means but Josh McDaniels bowed out of the 49ers position.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9281/josh-mcdaniels

That means the 49'ers have one of the worst rosters in football, and a proven dysfuncional FO/Ownership......  also means McDaniels knows if he flames out in short order at another HC job, he's probably done being anything more than a very good OC

57 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Pagano is a very good man with a really good feel good story but like you said that doesn't mean he's the man to take the Colts where they want to go.

honestly after the whole Gruden thing I wouldn't blame Pagano for quitting before Irsay could fire him.

Doubtful.  If he quits he essentially lets Irsay off the hook concerning the remaining $ due to him under the rest of his contract.  If he is smart he will be fired and have Irsay remain on the hook for the money owed to him.