Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Re-signings:

Erik Walden(only if cheap)(rather see him go)

Mike Adams

Robert Turbin

Darius Butler(safety depth)

Jack Doyle

Zach Kerr

Erik Swoope

Extensions:

Donte Moncrief

Jack Mewhort

Releases:

Arthur Jones(* obviously)

D'Qwell Jackson(please leave you turtle)

Free Agent Signings:

Zach Brown, LB (Bills)  
Kevin Zeitler, G (Bengals)

Draft:

R1 - Marshon Lattimore CB: Vontae is still inconsistent and often dinked up, Marshon would end up being our new #1 . Imo CB has most value in this draft.

**if we got Aj Bouye in FA this year, I would take Jarrad Davis ILB in the 1st**

R2 - TJ Watt OLB: I wasn't a fan at first(because the surgeries) but he's seem to moved on from them. He's relentless and he gets to the qb. 

R3 -  Carroll Phillips DE/OLB: Will most likely fall because of character concerns. More defense. 

R4 -  Brian Hill RB: Our halfback of the future ;)

R5 - Tedric Thompson S: Best coverage defender in CFB per PFF.

R6 - Ejuan Price OLB: More pass rushers :)

R7 - Tarik Cohen RB: extremely fast and shifty guy.

I think it's kind of silly making a mock draft before FA but I am boreeddddd. Now tell me how absolutely genius my mock is. 

I like the realistic FA and agree before FA these are everywhere.  I see constantly through various mocks that in the 5th or 6th we pick Price.  I do not see why he would drop that far?  He has some injuries but so does TJ Watt that people have mocked in round 2 or 3.  I just see him going earlier thats all.  Also we do not have a 7th round pick.

24 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I like the realistic FA and agree before FA these are everywhere.  I see constantly through various mocks that in the 5th or 6th we pick Price.  I do not see why he would drop that far?  He has some injuries but so does TJ Watt that people have mocked in round 2 or 3.  I just see him going earlier thats all.  Also we do not have a 7th round pick.

Hahaha I'm dumb. Well if Price isn't realistic in the 6th, we'll just put Cohen there.

Actually he still is regardless of the "hot seat".  If he is fired then everything changes but until then he will still continue to do what he does and again I would strongly doubt that he would entertain Mixon at all.  Other options are there plus plenty of potential defensive draft picks.

5 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Re-signings:

Mike Adams

Robert Turbin

Jack Doyle

Zach Kerr

Erik Swoope

Extensions:

Donte Moncrief

Jack Mewhort

Releases:

Free Agent Signings:

Zach Brown, LB (Bills)  

Draft:

R1 - Marshon Lattimore CB: Vontae is still inconsistent and often dinked up, Marshon would end up being our new #1 . Imo CB has most value in this draft.

**if we got Aj Bouye in FA this year, I would take Jarrad Davis ILB in the 1st**

R2 - TJ Watt OLB: I wasn't a fan at first(because the surgeries) but he's seem to moved on from them. He's relentless and he gets to the qb. 

R3 -  Carroll Phillips DE/OLB: Will most likely fall because of character concerns. More defense. 

I think it's kind of silly making a mock draft before FA but I am boreeddddd. Now tell me how absolutely genius my mock is. 

We have TWO 4th round picks.      We'll get an extra 4 for the loss of Coby Fleener.

55 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Actually he still is regardless of the "hot seat".  If he is fired then everything changes but until then he will still continue to do what he does and again I would strongly doubt that he would entertain Mixon at all.  Other options are there plus plenty of potential defensive draft picks.

Hey if he wants to "stick to his guns" and have another underwhelming draft go ahead, I'm sure it will be the nail in his extremely late coffin.

Just now, Majin Vegeta said:

Hey if he wants to "stick to his guns" and have another underwhelming draft go ahead, I'm sure it will be the nail in his extremely late coffin.

I highly doubt that Mixon would be the factor in having "another underwhelming" draft as you said.  He could easily avoid him and have a great draft.  I hope he does anyways.

Many GM's have the mindset of going against clear character issues.  Some take risks and it tends to hurt when they are wrong...you have a lot of examples on this side.  Someone like Noah Spence who had some baggage but it was behind him he still did not see the key benefit of the pick.  I believe we got a solid pick and a much needed anchor on the line but he has  had some opportunities because of his conservative approach.

Just a though on AJ Bouye. If you are going to spend money on FA's, take players you can look at and know they are not influenced by the system or team. AJ is having a great year, but one thing that helps a CB is a great pass rush. When you have be on a receiver 3 seconds instead of 5, then that makes a lot of difference. I have not done any work on Bouye, so I am not making any judgments. I just know after watching all the FA busts, especially from Baltimore that they excelled because who they were playing next to or the system they were in. It must be a consideration.

Guard is a position you can judge and see if a player is beating his man or not. Zeitler would be great as well as a couple other guards who may be FA's. Zach Brown you would think would be influenced by the Bills DL, which would argue against taking him if they were eating up blocks. This year though their DL played terribly, so did Zach flourish without them? These are the kind of things we need to look at when we make acquisitions. Also, quality over quantity. I would rather have two excellent signings than 4 that look good. Beside Bouye, Zeitler and Brown would be great. I just hope the circus does not scare them away.

6 minutes ago, loudnproudcolt said:

Just a though on AJ Bouye. If you are going to spend money on FA's, take players you can look at and know they are not influenced by the system or team. AJ is having a great year, but one thing that helps a CB is a great pass rush. When you have be on a receiver 3 seconds instead of 5, then that makes a lot of difference. I have not done any work on Bouye, so I am not making any judgments. I just know after watching all the FA busts, especially from Baltimore that they excelled because who they were playing next to or the system they were in. It must be a consideration.

Guard is a position you can judge and see if a player is beating his man or not. Zeitler would be great as well as a couple other guards who may be FA's. Zach Brown you would think would be influenced by the Bills DL, which would argue against taking him if they were eating up blocks. This year though their DL played terribly, so did Zach flourish without them? These are the kind of things we need to look at when we make acquisitions. Also, quality over quantity. I would rather have two excellent signings than 4 that look good. Beside Bouye, Zeitler and Brown would be great. I just hope the circus does not scare them away.

As I do not disagree with you I would say Zach Brown is a scheme fit and did pretty well for the Titans and Bills.  He would be a pretty good fit for us assuming we do not go through crazy changes with the coach in limbo...

The part about CB is right on and that is why we should not pay top dollar for Stephon Gilmore.  He had a down year this year because the rush was down.  Before that he had some good years but as you mentioned, 3 second coverage is easier than 5.  If we develop or just get a better pass rush some of the guys we have now would develop better.  I would say using a draft pick is needed but I agree with you on this.

37 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Then we'll pick up Corn Elder too :) Or Mixon.

I like most of the draft. I really like Elder and would not mind at all if we took 2 CB's in this draft.  

Davis will be 29 to start the season and in the final year of his deal.  We have no depth on the outside. I think we can do better than Wyatt in the 2nd. 

I keep seeing that Mixon is going undrafted. I don't think that's going to be the case. He isn't a grown man whose ypc is on the down swing. He's a kid and I think he gets a second chance. Look around there are stories about the girls criminal history and use of a racial slur. Someone takes him day 2 maybe Carolina. 

Rice would have got another chance if he could still produce at a high level. Why would you want the negative press that comes with Rice when there are plenty of guys just like him? There aren't plenty of guys just like Mixon. He will have people talking about his play instead of the punch. Rice's best days were behind him and he's married to the victim. That story never goes away. 

The hardest thing about FA is finding players who are scheme fits for your club, who are coming from clubs. I don't think all the factors surrounding players success is looked at enough. As I said, certain positions you can make clean, objective decisions about. When it comes to CB and LB, those two positions are usually so heavily dependent on who is in front of them, and beside them. When Paul Krueger was a FA and everyone said get him, I said he will be a bust because of who he played beside and who was in front of him helped him so much. So many cautionary tales in FA, and when teams have over 100M in cap space, Cleveland and SF, and bidding wars take place, you better be darn sure. Does anyone think Malik Jackson was worth the $$ he got last year from Jacksonville? Cautionary tales abound!

Every now and then you get a team that does just as you said like the Giants.  They picked up key players that produced for them and helped.  They spent a lot for it but their D was much better.  Having Harrison in the middle would be amazing for anyone though.

8 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

I'm not always on board with his policy of completely avoiding guys with any character concerns, but this is one case where I agree with it 100%. There's a HUGE difference between getting caught with drugs, or having academic issues or something like that, and what Mixon did. I don't think you need to be a saint to be in the NFL, but I want no part of Mixon on this team. What he did is completely unacceptable, and from what I've seen he doesn't seem to be truly remorseful about it.

6 minutes ago, MasterCrief said:

I'm not always on board with his policy of completely avoiding guys with any character concerns, but this is one case where I agree with it 100%. There's a HUGE difference between getting caught with drugs, or having academic issues or something like that, and what Mixon did. I don't think you need to be a saint to be in the NFL, but I want no part of Mixon on this team. What he did is completely unacceptable, and from what I've seen he doesn't seem to be truly remorseful about it.

Everything I've read said he has been a great team mate and matured since then. He's a 1/2 round talent, had a mistake as a kid, and has grew up. If im a GM that needs both defense and a HB badly, I draft defense early and get a tremendous value at RB in the late rounds. Nfl is a business and winning is what makes the money.

And yeah look at guys with drug problems, Randy gregory not even playing. Tyreek Hill, similar * mistake as Mixon but now a star in KC. (And I wouldn't have even drafted Hill)

16 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Everything I've read said he has been a great team mate and matured since then. He's a 1/2 round talent, had a mistake as a kid, and has grew up. If im a GM that needs both defense and a HB badly, I draft defense early and get a tremendous value at RB in the late rounds. Nfl is a business and winning is what makes the money.

And yeah look at guys with drug problems, Randy gregory not even playing. Tyreek Hill, similar * mistake but now a star in KC. (And I wouldn't have even drafted Hill)

I'm just not sure that he has grown up. I listened to this interview with an Oklahoma football beat writer that talked a bit about how he hasn't really shown much remorse for his actions, including an incident with a female parking attendant and a celebration where he had teammates hold his arms behind his back and pretend to punch him. Those just don't seem like the actions of a guy that realizes that what he did is wrong and is trying to redeem himself.

9 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

And yeah look at guys with drug problems, Randy gregory not even playing. Tyreek Hill, similar * mistake as Mixon but now a star in KC. (And I wouldn't have even drafted Hill)

With Mixon and even Rice for that matter you have to factor one huge thing and that is he was caught on tape.  Others are not so as horrible as it is owners and GM's can get past those issues.  You are correct with the statement on drugs and Jerry Jones took the risk and Gregory is not playing.  That hurts their defense a lot.  I do not like the fact that Grigson might completely disregard a player due to past issues because these are all kids who make mistakes but how the come out of the issue is important.  I do not know how Noah Spence interviewed but as MasterCrief mentioned above Mixon has not shown much remorse and I would not want to spend a pick on someone the fans would not like and might become a habitual violator (I would hope not though). 

Just now, DaColts85 said:

With Mixon and even Rice for that matter you have to factor one huge thing and that is he was caught on tape.  Others are not so as horrible as it is owners and GM's can get past those issues.  You are correct with the statement on drugs and Jerry Jones took the risk and Gregory is not playing.  That hurts their defense a lot.  I do not like the fact that Grigson might completely disregard a player due to past issues because these are all kids who make mistakes but how the come out of the issue is important.  I do not know how Noah Spence interviewed but as MasterCrief mentioned above Mixon has not shown much remorse and I would not want to spend a pick on someone the fans would not like and might become a habitual violator (I would hope not though). 

I know where you and Mastercrief(awesome name btw) are coming from. And if the Colts roster wasn't in shambles I wouldn't be advising to draft Mixon.

But if he falls(which he might even not!) then it will imo be the steal of the whole draft. I Just don't think Grigson is in the position to not look at him and interview him. 

On 1/16/2017 at 1:18 PM, Majin Vegeta said:

Forgot about Joe mixon. Best halfback in the draft besides the 2 big names. If he's there in the 4th you obviously have to take him.

Really dont think hell be there in the 4th, he got word back from the draft advisory that he'd go round 1. Dont know if that'll happen but if he's there in the 2nd, let the hate flow my way I love it, take this kid and never look back. He is better then dalvin and Leonard, he's basically them combined really. Has the patience and elusiveness of dalvin without the track star speed, and is just as physically scary as Leonard. Dont believe me go watch some dam tape. Oh and he catches the ball better then any receiver in this draft class. 

On 1/16/2017 at 11:00 PM, MasterCrief said:

I agree that joe * up and its never okay in any situation to hit a female. Dont give a * if she hit him first that's some *. That being said if you'd just watch the film on this kid, you'd want him on your team. He is the most talented back in this draft and would take our offense to a whole new level. I guarantee if he hypothetical became a colt, after 5 games you'd be screaming go joe go. About Ryan that's usually the case, he's all about high character to the point where he'd draft a less talented guy over a "character concern". How has that gone for him?? Big+son is feeling his butt burning up on that hot seat if he plays this off season like he always does he knows he's done. He knows obviously his approach is flawed and if he doesn't then he's just dumb *

On 1/16/2017 at 7:02 AM, Majin Vegeta said:

Re-signings:

Mike Adams

Robert Turbin

Jack Doyle

Zach Kerr

Erik Swoope

Extensions:

Donte Moncrief

Jack Mewhort

Releases:

Free Agent Signings:

Zach Brown, LB (Bills)  

Draft:

Love the re signs except Erik Walden, dont let the door hit you on the way out Erik. Releases are great Arthur and dqwell bye bye. Free agency, love love love me some Zach brown pay that man. Not sold on spenidng crucial money on a guard. Not that Kevin isn't a great ball player, but I'm not ready to give up on joe haeg not at all. I think joe is much better at guard than tackle and if he just gets stronger hes already a great athlete for the position. RT is more concerning for me. There's Ricky Wagner but that's more money our D needs. Leraven Clark, please everyone do your hw and watch him in the last 3 games. He didn't play at a Tyron Smith level, but the kid has all the tools to be a very good RT. The draft I do like, if all the pass rushers and both rbs are gone, then Marshon would be really nice great coverage skills and tackles really well. TJ Watt is my guy he screams perfect fit like how henry Anderson did. I'm super high on Carroll Phillips so I find it hard to believe hell be there, but he does have concerns off field. I'll end with Brian hill, the first pick I do not like. Brian hill has NFL size 4sure, physical back. That's about it man, not explosive, not very patient, has stone hands, and at least to me didn't stand far out from lesser competition at the college level. I remember I got so bored watching him I just started watching his FB who was blowing ppl up

9 hours ago, I'm mad, bro said:

Really dont think hell be there in the 4th, he got word back from the draft advisory that he'd go round 1. Dont know if that'll happen but if he's there in the 2nd, let the hate flow my way I love it, take this kid and never look back. He is better then dalvin and Leonard, he's basically them combined really. Has the patience and elusiveness of dalvin without the track star speed, and is just as physically scary as Leonard. Dont believe me go watch some dam tape. Oh and he catches the ball better then any receiver in this draft class. 

I agree that joe * up and its never okay in any situation to hit a female. Dont give a * if she hit him first that's some *. That being said if you'd just watch the film on this kid, you'd want him on your team. He is the most talented back in this draft and would take our offense to a whole new level. I guarantee if he hypothetical became a colt, after 5 games you'd be screaming go joe go. About Ryan that's usually the case, he's all about high character to the point where he'd draft a less talented guy over a "character concern". How has that gone for him?? Big+son is feeling his butt burning up on that hot seat if he plays this off season like he always does he knows he's done. He knows obviously his approach is flawed and if he doesn't then he's just dumb *

I agree that Mixon is the best all around RB in the draft. 

48 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I agree that Mixon is the best all around RB in the draft. 

Agreed.

@I'm mad, bro The 1st round grade would be absolutely correct based on talent and production alone. Add in the character concerns and he'll definitely fall. If he's there in the 3rd, I'd take him and I'm huge on character. Kid did a really dumb thing while intoxicated and 18 years old. I do believe there to be a difference between that and domestic violence, but the interviews will be the biggest part of the draft process for him.