Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aaron Rodgers is ridiculous

RockThatBlue

On 1/15/2017 at 9:03 PM, Jules said:

He's good but he is overrated at times. The refs bail him out A LOT and well I was kinda more into him years ago before being into him was cool and now everyone is into him and I am kinda blah now on him.

There are a lot of Packers fans here in northeast Indiana, maybe due to the GM plant?  Not sure, but they kind of drive me nuts.  I was working with one the first time Rogers was QBing for them in the playoffs.  This Packer fan was all whiny and down and out about him, he kept saying, "I wish we still had Favre."  I told him, Rogers is going to be better than Favre and the future is incredibly bright for Green Bay.   I think a lot of us can remember Rogers being booed by the Packers fans, and of course after they won a Super Bowl with Rogers as QB, #12 became the new #4.

That is also part of the reason I can't stand Packers fans, massive homers, heck some have even told me I shouldn't be a Colts fan because they suck and aren't the Packers.  I hate to say this, but I would rather see the Patriots win this year than the Packers. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This GOAT talk is absolutely absurd. Best right now?..Sure. Other than that, let's slow the heck down. Let's see him first match 5 MVPs, passing yards and TD record like Manning. Let's see him get 4 rings and 3 Super Bowl MVPs first like Brady and Montana. 

2 things:

My problem with the guy is these reactions after 1 good game. Meanwhile performances like this have been very few in the playoffs and in big games in general. 

Now for the other thing - the last 2 years have included more good big games than the rest of his career combined! He's also had additional games that produced some pretty improbable victories when it looked like bad teams were about get a win against the Pack. I'll take this and the rough edges over his 2009 and 2011 stats every time. 

EDIT: I failed to read the last 1/3 of this thread lol I should have gave ya'll more credit.

4 hours ago, Jim2806 said:

This GOAT talk is absolutely absurd. Best right now?..Sure. Other than that, let's slow the heck down. Let's see him first match 5 MVPs, passing yards and TD record like Manning. Let's see him get 4 rings and 3 Super Bowl MVPs first like Brady and Montana. 

To me, there is always a difference between best and greatest.

best is simple..the best guy playing now..and that's Aaron Rodgers...has been for awhile

Greatest? That's where we get into the numbers and titles and playoff wins and records and value to his team

I don't think the greatest QB of all time is active right now

Edited by oldunclemark
spell