Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ben Boulware - Is he destined to be a Colt?

I've been watching Boulware for a while now and I can't help but think "Damn, he'd be such a Grigson pick". I can absolutely see us taking him in the 4th. Grigson seems to love vocal leaders, slow and not rangy physical run stuffers for linebackers. For what it's worth Boulware had some amazing plays yesterday and the best thing is he was diagnosing plays before they happened and he was instructing teammates before the snap to adjust to what he was seeing.

I couldn't find a recent video but here you go:

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

I've been watching Boulware for a while now and I can't help but think "Damn, he'd be such a Grigson pick". I can absolutely see us taking him in the 4th. Grigson seems to love vocal leaders, slow and not rangy physical run stuffers for linebackers. For what it's worth Boulware had some amazing plays yesterday and the best thing is he was diagnosing plays before they happened and he was instructing teammates before the snap to adjust to what he was seeing.

I like him better than Scooby Doo from last year!

3 hours ago, MPStack said:

I like him better than Scooby Doo from last year!

Came into say that he sounds like Scooby Wright from last year. Slow LB who can't cover but diagnoses well. That guy ended up being a 7th round pick to the Browns. I wouldn't touch Boulwere that early if at all.

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Came into say that he sounds like Scooby Wright from last year. Slow LB who can't cover but diagnoses well. That guy ended up being a 7th round pick to the Browns. I wouldn't touch Boulwere that early if at all.

Not a fan of either, but I`d take Boulwere over Scooby Doo if I had to choose one or the other. Some folks here wanted Scoobs in the 2nd Rd. last year. Nuts!

4 hours ago, krunk said:

Kind of reminds me of a slow Zach Thomas.

Zach Thomas was slow...He does play very similar...I like him he can play the game, was all over the field has great instincts..Sometimes people get too caught up in measurables, he doesn't have to be a cover lb if our dc knows how to scheme right..I wouldn't mind him in 4th or 5th..

9 hours ago, stitches said:

Totally agree. The broadcast would scream if he 'kind of' made a play.

He's ok for a college player, but would have probably .5% to make it as a pro, better then the 0% shot I have, but they were hyping this guy up like he was Ray Lewis in his prime.

But I thought to myself honestly...Grigson better not want this kid..

12 hours ago, stitches said:

I don't understand.......

Seems like you just described Morrison.      Why do you want to draft his clone after just one season in which he didn't play all that much?

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't understand.......

Seems like you just described Morrison.      Why do you want to draft his clone after just one season in which he didn't play all that much?

Yep, that's the archetype Grigson seems to love. I don't want us to draft him(especially not this high). I just have the feeling that Grigson would love him and I can absolutely see him drafting Boulware.

9 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Zach Thomas was slow...He does play very similar...I like him he can play the game, was all over the field has great instincts..Sometimes people get too caught up in measurables, he doesn't have to be a cover lb if our dc knows how to scheme right..I wouldn't mind him in 4th or 5th..

Thomas did not play slow.  His instincts and understanding of the game were outstanding.    I don't know what the future holds for Boulware but I don't think he's what we need.  He and Morrison are in similar molds.,

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Thomas did not play slow.  His instincts and understanding of the game were outstanding.    I don't know what the future holds for Boulware but I don't think he's what we need.  He and Morrison are in similar molds.,

Morrison was a train wreck early in the season, though I'll admit he started to make some plays later on. How much of a leap he makes in year 2 will remain to be seen.