Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Should Convert Either Green or Geathers into an ILB

Defjamz26

5 minutes ago, jseg18 said:

Oh man. I'm not quarterback guru, but I did play the position for 6 years HS and JC. His feet and hips should be set by that point in the drop. Coaching?

He never looked at Dorsett. He's at the hitch in his drop, so to him, he should be transferring weight after the hitch to throw to Hilton. Yes, coaching.

j677fn.jpg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/8/2017 at 9:42 PM, lennymoore24 said:

No thanks. We already have enough undersized guys to get run over.

Really...I didn't see the stats for this years team but last year we were the biggest team in the league...a far cry from the Dungy days and we still can't stop the run. We lack skill, athleticim, and scheme. Size has no correlation to tackling ability or to how good a defense will be. That said I don't support geathers at LB other than in a rare sub package.

On 1/9/2017 at 5:36 PM, BOTT said:

He can't get open in the Colts vertical passing attack but would suddenly get open in Arizona?

Omg I've seen Dorsett open so many times. When you watch games in person you can see the whole field not just what the camera is focused on (qb->wr thrown to) and you would see Dorsett open regularly. Issue is Dorsett has been used primarily this year to clear out space for TY taking the defense deep and/or he has been 3rd or 4th option in the offense. Luck has either not had enough time to find him or purposely skipped over him to check down or forced throws to his primary receivers. (I think Luck stares down TY too much personally) Only when Phillip is a primary or secondary receiver does he really get thrown to. Personally I think Luck needs to do more work presnap to identify where the openings will be and where the mismatches are and to attack them. He simply sticks to the play and the progressions too much in my opinion then say what Brady or Peyton would do which was to quickly identify where to go before the snap. Maybe that will change in time. Dorsett had a couple bad games but I think he has been massively under utilized.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Issue is Dorsett has been used primarily this year to clear out space for TY taking the defense deep and/or he has been 3rd or 4th option in the offense. Luck has either not had enough time to find him or purposely skipped over him to check down or forced throws to his primary receivers. (I think Luck stares down TY too much personally) Only when Phillip is a primary or secondary receiver does he really get thrown to.

Agreed. That might tell us something about how Dorsett practices. It might tell us something about the coaching, including how Luck is being coached. It probably tells us a little of both.

On 1/13/2017 at 6:57 PM, Superman said:

I guess they're conspiring against him...

20hsznm.jpg

This is what I've seen a lot this year...and when your at the stadium and see the whole field you see it even more. I was sitting next to a guy and Luck kinda threw away a ball on the sideline towards Dorsett after the play broke down and he said so much for our first rd pick. I made it a point to say he gets open Luck just doesn't look for him or doesn't have time. I said just focus on him the next few passes and we watched the next couple drives and he was getting open regularly especially when he was running ins or crossing routes. He was surprised and like then why did we take him in the first if we aren't going to throw to him? All I could do was shrug. I do think Luck has been conditioned with all the hits he had taken to get it out quick and the fact he really just felt confident in TY but we HAVE to get this kid involved next year and if we don't that's on Chuck and our OC...kid has talent.

12 minutes ago, Superman said:

Agreed. That might tell us something about how Dorsett practices. It might tell us something about the coaching, including how Luck is being coached. It probably tells us a little of both.

Probably right Supes. I could also see a guy disheartened that he is the 3rd or 4th option so much not working as hard as he needs to when he has been or feels he should be targeted more. If that's the case I hope someone gets in his ear and teaches him to be a professional (maybe a Reggie who knew what that was like early on) but also I think it says more of our offensive coaching....personally.