Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What grade would you give to our 1st yr DC?

colts2dasuperbowl

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, jimmy g said:

And also got draft picks that became Ron Solt (all pro guard, career shortened by injury) and Rohn Stark (all pro punter).  Was Jimmy Irsay GM then?  I can't remember.,

Robert Irsay, his dad, called that shot. I don't know what roll, if any, Jim played

I reserve judgement. You get a LB coach to be your DC, he comes in and he's handed a bunch of old guys, a slow 4th round pick, and 2 UDFAs and you expect the D to be good? And that's just the LBs. Parry got abused in the run game, Jones wasn't much help, Anderson wasn't ready to come back, and Langford to IR.

He deserves another year. If Pagano gets canned we'll never know though. But I can't grade him.

On 1/6/2017 at 11:23 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Incomplete.

There's little talent on that side of the ball.

There's only so much that can be done.

We'll see what Monachino does when he gets some talent.

I lIke how "getting some talent" is a forgone conclusion as if we haven't been using the same excuse for our defense since 2012 

On 1/7/2017 at 0:36 PM, 21isSuperman said:

While I may not agree with the assessment of an F, there is some evidence to support @1959Colts's claim that it was one of the worst defenses ever.

And don't forget, the QBs we faced this year included Blake Bortles twice, Brock Osweiler twice, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Sam Bradford.  Despite facing those QBs for a combined 6/16 games, we still had the awful stats mentioned in the tweets

This needs it's own thread. 

B-

Yes we gave up a lot of yards and were close to last in basically ever defensive statistic, but I'm taking into account this was his first time running the whole defense and the fact he didn't have much talent to work with along with a lot of injuries, but did have some good pressure packages late in the season and secondary didn't look too bad either from an eye ball look. 

4 hours ago, Dustin said:

I lIke how "getting some talent" is a forgone conclusion as if we haven't been using the same excuse for our defense since 2012 

The defense has been mostly put on the back burner since 2012 because we have focused most of our attention on building the offense.      And it's taken entirely too long to get the offense right.

I don't think it's a forgone conclusion,  but I'd like to see most of our top draft picks in the next 2-3 drafts used to build a really good defense.

I jumped off the Grigson band wagon a year ago.    I'm just not campaigning to be rid of him, as I'm not with Pagano.     If Irsay gets rid of them,  then they go and I'll support whoever he brings in.       If he keeps them,  then they stay and I'll support them.

That said,   I'm confident Irsay will fire them both a year from now if we don't win the South and make a decent showing in the playoffs.       I don't believe Irsay will put up with more than 3 straight years of mediocrity.

On 1/7/2017 at 0:36 PM, 21isSuperman said:

While I may not agree with the assessment of an F, there is some evidence to support @1959Colts's claim that it was one of the worst defenses ever.

And don't forget, the QBs we faced this year included Blake Bortles twice, Brock Osweiler twice, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Sam Bradford.  Despite facing those QBs for a combined 6/16 games, we still had the awful stats mentioned in the tweets

Image result for ouch gif

I always been a huge fan of defense. I love playing defense more than offense in Madden, I love getting rebound and blocks playing nba2k and real life, just love it. So it was really difficult for me to watch Colts D this season. I never liked Ted hire in the first place, but I thought it was an interesting pick up at the time. With that being said, I would give another year to Ted, we can't blame our miserable D to Ted alone. I believe it was really the injuries that held our D back this season. One more year should be given to Ted but he needs to show us a huge improvement next season. If next year doesn't work out, then we need to bring a big name DC like Wade Philips or Rex. Luck has already played 1/3 of his NFL career and we are not sure how long he can play with his type of playing style. He can play for 10~12 years or he could be done in 3~5 years. Win or lose, I just want to see our team having that chance to go out there and compete with other elite teams in the NFL.