Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Per Alex Marvez Pagano will be back as HC in 2017 (merge)


Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

 

Both Grigson and Pagano are returning. 

 

Jags fans, Texans fans, and Titans fans rejoice. Colts finished 3rd place in the division they used to automatically win every year by default of it's horribleness, but that's gone now. Houston has won back to back and proven that they can get the job done, and Tennessee is quickly on the rise. If the Titans nail their upcoming draft with all the picks they have from their trade, then Tennessee could easily take the division in the next season. 

 

If i were you guys, I'd be worried about Coughlin going to Jacksonville...The Colts may never see another division title if Jacksonville gets their show together with the talent they have. 

Yes, all 11 Jags fans are having a grand old time at their annual gathering at the bad Denny's in Jacksonville. No doubt listening to Limp Bizkit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, corgi said:

I think last year he let Pagano "fix" his staff and they "fixed" the o situation. This year they get a chance to fix the putrid defense. If they miss the playoffs and show no growth with good draft position and $50 or 60 million in cap space they're gone. Just my opinion, that's how I would handle it.

 

First on the agenda...

Grigson will give those millions to resign guys like Mike Adams, Eric Walden and Trent Cole

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

 

First on the agenda...

Grigson will give those millions to resign guys like Mike Adams, Eric Walden and Trent Cole

You are more likely to be signed than Trent Cole. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the point of having these guys(Grigs/Pags) retained for another year with basically the same results.  It was uttered from the Clubhouse to the media that Pagano and crew are soft, let that be noted and it will continue to be that way in 2017 despite what you call changes.  I don't foresee any changes, b/c Pagano is too soft all around and won't let go his buddies...So expect another year of disappointment and he will be gone if he doesn't make the playoffs.  So, what I'm saying is, we get a new coach, new GM and start over again in 2018 and not make the playoffs again.  So had the new regime started in 2017 they would have a year under their built to rebuild a monster....Pipe's dream...Oh well, just saying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Is anyone besides me holding out hope that Irsay is still searching and Grigano may still get canned?  JMV, Kravitz, Wells, etc all think that is a real possibility.

 

No...I've lost all hope for next season. I'm done hoping something big will happen to better the franchise in 2017. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Perhaps...but even then it will be two years too late.  We have lost a lot of ground waiting around for these guys to get their act together. 

 

So, your argument would've been to fire them after the first 8-8 season in which Andrew Luck didn't even play in 9 of the games.

 

I don't think that's a very strong argument.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BOTT said:

Given Grigson's track record in FA, Irsay might as well take those millions of dollars out back and throw a match on it.

 
 

 

Dakich actually brought Grigson's agent on his show today so he could ramble about Grigson. Dakich said how the 2013 draft/free agency stunk and basically asked him to justify it. His response? Grigson's record. Then goes on to say how all teams miss and changed the subject by basically saying he is actually objective. Lol. I couldn't listen to the whole thing but a part of me couldn't help but laugh at listening to this guy and Dakich.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ar7 said:

 

Dakich actually brought Grigson's agent on his show today so he could ramble about how great Grigson is. Dakich said how the 2013 draft/free agency stunk and basically asked him to justify it. His response? Grigson's record. Then goes on to say how all teams miss and changed the subject by basically saying he is actually objective. Lol. I couldn't listen to the whole thing but a part of me couldn't help but laugh at listening to this guy and Dakich.

I heard it as well.  He came off as the Kellyanne Conway of the Colts.  Spin, baby, spin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ar7 said:

 

Dakich actually brought Grigson's agent on his show today so he could ramble about how great Grigson is. Dakich said how the 2013 draft/free agency stunk and basically asked him to justify it. His response? Grigson's record. Then goes on to say how all teams miss and changed the subject by basically saying he is actually objective. Lol. I couldn't listen to the whole thing but a part of me couldn't help but laugh at listening to this guy and Dakich.

 

He somehow defends Grigson while trashing Pagano lol.  I personally think changes are needed on both sides, but listening to Dakich talk about football would be like listening to Paris Hilton talk about Extreme Pipline Snowboarding.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have to get younger on defense. Irsay said it himself, so we will see if he stands by what he said last off season. That's part of the reason why the HC, and GM will be given another shot. Like some of you have stated, this was his plan all along. Our oldest player on defense should be Langford. We will find out in March if Grigs follows by with younger free agents.

*

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, corgi said:

Yes, all 11 Jags fans are having a grand old time at their annual gathering at the bad Denny's in Jacksonville. No doubt listening to Limp Bizkit.

Classic!  Do you suppose they brought the tarps in with them so it would look like there's actually 11 of them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

So, your argument would've been to fire them after the first 8-8 season in which Andrew Luck didn't even play in 9 of the games.

 

I don't think that's a very strong argument.

Maybe not...but you sure as heck don't award a 4 year extension either coming off that 8-8 season. Not saying that you would have but it's what Irsay did.  Particularly when the team was only 2-5 in those seven games Luck played (not all of them while injured).  That was a tip off right there of the mediocrity ahead in my mind.  But many fans just wanted to attribute that disappointing season to Luck missing those 9 games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Maybe not...but you sure as heck don't award a 4 year extension either coming off that 8-8 season. Not saying that you would have but it's what Irsay did.  Particularly when the team was only 2-5 in those seven games Luck played (not all of them while injured).  That was a tip off right there of the mediocrity ahead in my mind.  But many fans just wanted to attribute that disappointing season to Luck missing those 9 games. 

They went 6-3 with backup qbs.   That is an endorsement to the coaching staff

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

They went 6-3 with backup qbs.   That is an endorsement to the coaching staff

I'd have to agree with that.  Better than pointing to Luck missing games as the reason for not firing anyone after that particular season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am over it, don't even bug me much anymore since the only coach I wanted 100% was Jim Harbaugh and that was never going to happen really. The idea of Gruden and Saban types gave me near hives. The only active NFL coach I was a bit interested in was Matt Patricia but still I don't know if that would happen and if he even leaves the Pats.

 

That don't mean I won't complain at all or anything since Pagano makes it way way way too easy, but just that I kinda am laughing at the rumors this past week that were clearly about as reliable as reading a planet X conspiracy forum. And people seriously bought into the Peyton Manning thing? Come on.........that was about as much chance of happening this year as Tom Brady throwing 6 picks in one game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jules said:

I am over it, don't even bug me much anymore since the only coach I wanted 100% was Jim Harbaugh and that was never going to happen really. The idea of Gruden and Saban types gave me near hives. The only active NFL coach I was a bit interested in was Matt Patricia but still I don't know if that would happen and if he even leaves the Pats.

 

That don't mean I won't complain at all or anything since Pagano makes it way way way too easy, but just that I kinda am laughing at the rumors this past week that were clearly about as reliable as reading a planet X conspiracy forum. And people seriously bought into the Peyton Manning thing? Come on.........that was about as much chance of happening this year as Tom Brady throwing 6 picks in one game.

The same Harbaugh that seldom wins big games and lost his last 3 of 4 this year? I can make a case that if Saban is still a possibility there's reason to believe he could get Luck and Co. over the hump..

Not that I'm wild about him and I see the obvious downside, but he's got the same upside as Harbaugh and then some. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, corgi said:

Yes, all 11 Jags fans are having a grand old time at their annual gathering at the bad Denny's in Jacksonville. No doubt listening to Limp Bizkit.

Hard to imagine a greater sign of the football apocalypse.  For over a decade, we went head-to-head with the Patriots and Pats fans... Belichick's Patriots, possibly the greatest  team in NFL history.  Now, we're content with beating down the next worst thing to the Browns.  Not exactly how I envisioned it in year five of Luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The same Harbaugh that seldom wins big games and lost his last 3 of 4 this year? I can make a case that if Saban is still a possibility there's reason to believe he could get Luck and Co. over the hump..

Not that I'm wild about him and I see the obvious downside, but he's got the same upside as Harbaugh and then some. 

 

I have always had a small crush on Jim Harbaugh. Can't help it. I also think he and Luck had such good chemistry in college but then again it isn't going to happen so why even bother?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope that they actually sign an impact player or two on defense....bargain basement signings are nice but should not be the premise of this off season.  Draft DEFENSE!  One more time, DRAFT DEFENSE! The HC and the GM MUST be on the same page....unless you just want to be mediocre?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I hope that they actually sign an impact player or two on defense....bargain basement signings are nice but should not be the premise of this off season.  Draft DEFENSE!  One more time, DRAFT DEFENSE! The HC and the GM MUST be on the same page....unless you just want to be mediocre?

I would have to think grigson is in panic mode.  I look for at least one big splash in FA.   Just a feeling.  I could be way off

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I can't imagine Walden would ask for ridiculous money. He did have a very good year, so he definitely deserves a nice contract, but nothing too big. 

It's his last contract though, he'll definitely be going to the highest bidder.

 

He's never made big money (for his standards) so I'd bet he'd leave even if it's even a million or two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Jules said:

 

I have always had a small crush on Jim Harbaugh. Can't help it. I also think he and Luck had such good chemistry in college but then again it isn't going to happen so why even bother?

I would rather want Harbaugh than Saban, Harbaugh is much younger and has proven he can be a Great Coach on the Pro level, came within a few yards of winning a SB with Kaepernick at QB. Also he Coached Luck in college and he has Indiana ties. People love him here, if I was a girl I would have a crush on him too haha 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

I can't imagine Walden would ask for ridiculous money. He did have a very good year, so he definitely deserves a nice contract, but nothing too big. 

Walden sucks. He had a good year because it was a contract year. I can assure u

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bubbz said:

Walden sucks. He had a good year because it was a contract year. I can assure u

 

I know this will be news to you,  but Walden had good years in 2015 and 2014 too.     

 

It was only 2013 that he played poorly for the Colts.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Maybe not...but you sure as heck don't award a 4 year extension either coming off that 8-8 season. Not saying that you would have but it's what Irsay did.  Particularly when the team was only 2-5 in those seven games Luck played (not all of them while injured).  That was a tip off right there of the mediocrity ahead in my mind.  But many fans just wanted to attribute that disappointing season to Luck missing those 9 games. 

 

 

That 8-8 season last year wasn't just good it was flipping brilliant.
 

I always love that so many posters think 2015 is an example of a bad year by Pagano.     I think it's one of his best coaching jobs.

 

8 wins with 5 different QB's?     Terrific.

 

Won his last two games to finish 8-8?     Terrific.

 

Split the QB duties in the final game to get the most out of both and ease the load of putting it all on one?    Genius!

 

For me,  when my favorite team loses the starting QB for 9 games,  you're playing with House Money.    Whatever you can walk away with is great.      And we walked away with an 8-8 season.    I was hugely impressed.      I'm sorry so many here are not.      I think they missed a great season.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bubbz said:

Walden sucks. He had a good year because it was a contract year. I can assure u

Walden has been the Colts best OLBer the past three years.  Outside of this year he hasn't had huge sack numbers but he wasn't brought here to rush the passer.  He was brought here to set the edge something he does a lot of and does well.  With that said because of all his sacks he's probably going demand more than he's worth and I would think twice about giving pass rusher money to a guy who isn't really a pass rusher even if he your best linebacker.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • We shall see. I think if he does anything close to what Lewis did last year he will stick. Lewis wasnt incredible but he did show the tools they thought he had when they drafted him. We need that same thing from Banogou this year or its probably curtains.
    • And as announcers have said, at home we swept, Mets, Dodgers, Padres, and Cardinals. Need reds to be help this week against brewers    And tomorrow starts a series with the Mets in NY. @NFLfan are you going to go to any of them? I saw the tickets were cheap.    I am going to the Marlins Cards game on Tuesday, close to home, in the second section from home. Will be my 5th game there this season. 7th overall   And will give a recap of AZ tomorrow, since I got back   
    • Agree with most of this, but Tannehill's accuracy was never really an issue. Those Miami teams he played for were just bad lol. Some horrible OLs. They finally started building the team correctly, and even Fitzmagic looked good.   Looks like TN is going all-in a bit for the next couple years, so wouldn't be surprised to see their O ask more from Tannehill. Running the wheels off Henry will only get you so far.
    • I wasn't big on landing Wentz but having said that sometimes a change of scenery can change a QB's career. Get with the right team = great run game, good coach than many things can change. There wasn't anyone that ever mentioned Ryan Tannehill as a top 15 QB when he played for the Dolphins, he was considered average by most and many Dolphins fans thought he was bad. Look at him in Tennessee though with Henry and better coaching. He went from average at best to good in most peoples minds. His accuracy is a lot better in Tennessee and with Henry being the focal point that allows Tannehill to make less mistakes and use play action effectively.    In reality, Wentz even has more physical tools than Tannehill has.
  • Members

    • Nadine

      Nadine 6,757

      Administrators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • colts824

      colts824 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • life long

      life long 235

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • C0LT5

      C0LT5 68

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Chucklez

      Chucklez 337

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...