Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Per Alex Marvez Pagano will be back as HC in 2017 (merge)

HungarianColtsFan

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, 12to13 said:

This Alex guy also just tweeted "I'd be very surprised if Grigson is fired, Irsay likes him a lot and really wants him to succeed". Lol so he's only still here because Irsay likes the fella? I'm losing hope in Irsay fast, he's shown just how out of the loop he is now .

I've already lost hope. He's turning in Jerry Jones. At least Jerry is letting his sons make decisions now and look where they are. 

1 minute ago, deedub75 said:

I've already lost hope. He's turning in Jerry Jones. At least Jerry is letting his sons make decisions now and look where they are. 

Atleast jerry seems like he has some common sense. When Irsay said we could be 6-0 or whatever earlier in the year, I knew he was clueless about the roster. 

I really, really, really regret re-upping my club seats for 5 years after last season. After they were giving extensions, I waited until the last day to make my decision and seriously considered at least moving to a much cheaper section. This team is only worth a nosebleed seat at this point. 

11 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

I really, really, really regret re-upping my club seats for 5 years after last season. After they were giving extensions, I waited until the last day to make my decision and seriously considered at least moving to a much cheaper section. This team is only worth a nosebleed seat at this point. 

I won't be attending any games or buying any merch this year. This is what's sad for Irsay...I've not been able to view as many Colts games the last 2 years due to living down in Nashville in Titan Town, and honestly with their regression, I haven't missed it. I don't know what Irsay is thinking continuing with this mediocrity. There HAS to be better candidates that are available over these two.

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

The difference is, this is football - entertainment.  Has absolutely nothing to do with my employment.  Not sure how you think it's even remotely similar.

You should probably read who I quoted before you say something about what I said. He was speaking of every day people. Not people in the entertainment industry. And I wasn't talking about YOUR employment. Don't get your panties in a twist. Not sure how you think your comment is even remotely relivent. 

1 minute ago, NannyMcafee said:

You should probably read who I quoted before you say something about what I said. He was speaking of every day people. Not people in the entertainment industry. And I wasn't talking about YOUR employment. Don't get your panties in a twist. Not sure how you think your comment is even remotely relivent. 

lol panties in a twist...that's cute.  If anything, I've been telling people they need to away from the ledge.  But I misinterpreted so I apologize and leave it at that.

8 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

This from the guy who asks anyone with a contrary opinion to stop talking to him. lol

1 hour ago, esmort said:

For the smug "I told you so's",  quit acting like you knew something everyone else didn't... You don't think 90% of the forum also figured this would be the eventual outcome? I am guessing most had a good idea Pagano and Grigson would be retained, but were hoping and looking for any reason they might be wrong. All of the "prophets" need to to stop the everyone should have listened to "my wisdom" *. 

Not only that, but Irsay likely spent the last week or more looking at possible replacements for both guys. Pretty clear there was talks with Manning and he wasn't ready.   Just because this is the outcome doesn't mean Irsay wasn't sniffing around trying to bring in replacements.  This news could have been leaked out on Monday and saved a lot of this drama but if Irsay hadn't made his mind up at that time it makes sense why it wasn't.

Last year I legitimately thought this team would finish somewhere from 7-9 to 9-7, the 7-9 prediction figured Luck would get hurt somewhere along the way. I remember that kind of opinion would get scoffed at by some here around this time last year. As much as I've seen some say they saw this season coming, which a lot of you I'm sure really did, but if you look at the Pagano/Grigson retained thread from last year, it sure doesn't seem like most of you thought we'd miss the playoffs or have anything like the year we just saw. It seemed like the general thought was a bounce back season, AFC South win, playoffs.

Personally, I think this is the year they'll actually bounce back to a 10-6 or so record, we are shaping up to have a lighter schedule.

That's not my main prediction though. My prediction is that they'll do that, win 10 or so games, with the coaching looking just about as bad as it did this season.

I just don't have confidence in Pagano fixing his biggest issues. I think we'll still look unprepared at the start or fall flat at the half, still have clock managment blunders, and I think we'll still see the offense doing what it does best, not getting the most out of our talent. Some blame Chud which he obviously deserves some, but Pagano's the HC and if anything I've heard him talk more about the offensive scheme in interviews. He gets to pick how they attack, also I don't believe for a second that Chuck doesn't deliberate with Chud real hard during those 4th and 1's.

So this season, for me, it's not about record as much as it's actually examining how our team looks week to week, if they actually look well coached or if they're once again relying on Luck to build a huge lead or come back from a huge deficit.

It goes without saying that I hope I'm wrong, and I'll own it if I do, I really will. Not if we win a SB but even if we look like a well coached, well prepareded team that doesn't consistently go down big or give up large leads.

On the other hand, I'm gonna be beyond frustrated if we have another disappointing season. If guys we could've gone after like Kyle Shanahan or Josh McDaniels go on to have a promising year somewhere while we're still floundering with Pagano and Grigson.

2 minutes ago, colts8718 said:

Now I will be able to relax another year of Pagano's wisdom anf Grigson's great draft picks and great free agents:facepalm:

There will be optimism next season until we start our annual 0-2 and then I will starting rooting for our opponents. 

i believe Grigson drafted and used FA his first few years trying to win a Super Bowl before Luck's contract and we came close.  Now, we are in official rebuilding mode and his drafts make more sense. Build the Oline.  Build the Dline.  Hopefully pass rushers, linebackers, corners this year.  Regardless of Pagano, it mainly falls on Grigson, imo.  If we have talent, we can always change coaches.  With no talent, it doesn't matter who the coach is.

In an attempt to shed some potentially positive light on this and give it a good spin, I am going to use English Football (Soccer) as a comparison.... seems fitting....

Ex-Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson was nearly fired as the Manager of the team in 1990 because the team was performing so badly (this was 4 years after being hired by the way).... He essentially had a make or break game, win or lose, keep his job or be fired in the FA Cup game against Nottingham Forest. Had he lost, he would have been toast, outta there, gone, finito....

As it happens, he won and was retained.... Know what happened with Manchester United after that? From 1990 - 2013 they won the Premier league 13 times.... That means more than once every other year they won..... The outright domination has never been seen before....

I'm not saying Pagano is the next Alex Ferguson... but he also is not terrible. Do you know how many teams would kill to have two 8-8 seasons in a row and have that as enough of a cause to be calling for their head coach and GM's heads? There are much worse depths that this team could fall to... Just ask the 49ers, Bills, Jets, Browns or Rams fans..... Give the man some more time, continuity can make a huge difference.

1 hour ago, jet1968 said:

2013- A defensive player that is slow and can't tackle

2014- a running back that cant run

2015- a receiver that can't catch

Grigson is a terrible talent evaluator.

It's more than just Grigson.  I think our scouts are bad too. 

1 hour ago, tucky89 said:

Continuity is key. We can't Change coaches every few years. Chuck needs a chance.

He's had 5 years to "build the monster".  How much more of a chance does he need?

23 minutes ago, MOB said:

What the hell does it take to get them fired? Why does Irsay think this is ok?

Well, here's to more garbage.

If these reports are true, it's just more evidence that Irsay is part of the problem and the Colts need a culture change.  There's no accountability.

14 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

In an attempt to shed some potentially positive light on this and give it a good spin, I am going to use English Football (Soccer) as a comparison.... seems fitting....

Ex-Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson was nearly fired as the Manager of the team in 1990 because the team was performing so badly (this was 4 years after being hired by the way).... He essentially had a make or break game, win or lose, keep his job or be fired in the FA Cup game against Nottingham Forest. Had he lost, he would have been toast, outta there, gone, finito....

As it happens, he won and was retained.... Know what happened with Manchester United after that? From 1990 - 2013 they won the Premier league 13 times.... That means more than once every other year they won..... The outright domination has never been seen before....

I'm not saying Pagano is the next Alex Ferguson... but he also is not terrible. Do you know how many teams would kill to have two 8-8 seasons in a row and have that as enough of a cause to be calling for their head coach and GM's heads? There are much worse depths that this team could fall to... Just ask the 49ers, Bills, Jets, Browns or Rams fans..... Give the man some more time, continuity can make a huge difference.

Watch Out, your going to get ripped for posting something positive about the coach and GM..

Didn't you read on here they are doomed.