Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts fans may hear something by Jan. 12th(My guess)

Indeee

7 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

I don't think there was any big connection with Kiffin.  Kiffin was already DC in Tampa when Dungy was there.  After Dungy was fired and they traded for Gruden, Gruden simply talked Kiffin into staying and continuing to run the defense for continuity. 

I'm assuming at the time, the only 2 people that knew how to effectively run that Tampa-2 were Kiffin and Dungy. But I wonder if Gruden is a 4-3 guy. Would mean the Colts would have to change schemes.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I'm assuming at the time, the only 2 people that knew how to effectively run that Tampa-2 were Kiffin and Dungy. But I wonder if Gruden is a 4-3 guy. Would mean the Colts would have to change schemes.

Lovie Smith is a Tampa 2 guy also

13 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

For what it's worth, I just did a bit of research and Gruden's DC in Oakland was Chuck Bresnahan, who appears to be a 4-3 guy. 

10 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Lovie Smith is a Tampa 2 guy also

Eh, I'd call Lovie a Cover 2 guy, not a Tampa 2 guy.

On 10/1/2017 at 1:08 PM, NannyMcafee said:

You failed to build a team in 5 years. And it's rebuild again. If you have to rebuild twice you are a failure as a coach/GM. This is the reason so many people, including myself, are so upset. I suppose you have to give people second chances. At this point it would have been better to let Andrew sit behind Peyton. 

I dont disagree. Im just stating my opinion into what Irsay might have been thinking