Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brock Osweiler to start at QB vs. Raiders

Jules

No telling on this game. The Texans defense looks better on paper nd that's about all one can say but if Osweiler screws up he will be banned in Houston. What a shame that Carr got hurt. I was hoping for a game between the Raiders and NE even if it is in NE.

3 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Whoever wins this game will win 13-10.  It will be a defensive battle.  The team that comes out on top gets to go to New England, that should be fun. 

New England will curb stomp them. It's not even fair. The winner should just forfeit.

The irony is Peyton got his starting QB job back in time for the playoffs last year. This year, Osweiler is getting it back. I would not be shocked if the Texans win this giving him his first playoff win. However, that is as far as he goes, no way the Texans beat the Patriots, not even once in a blue moon. :)

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

The irony is Peyton got his starting QB job back in time for the playoffs last year. This year, Osweiler is getting it back. I would not be shocked if the Texans win this giving him his first playoff win. However, that is as far as he goes, no way the Texans beat the Patriots, not even once in a blue moon. :)

Hero or goat for Brock..

....Doesnt have to be the season they win. Cant be the reason they lose or it will be a painful off-season

...So much pressure on him...but what a 'second chance'

Brock actually looked pretty good vs. the Raiders in Mexico. And Houston in that game got jobbed on a few calls and there was some strange laser crap at times pointed at Brock during the game and well not sure who the hell did that........

Raiders defense has often looked pretty bad and Carr is gone. So if Brock is going to "shine" and make his case to be the starter again next year then this is the game he has to deliver in, no excuses. 

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

The irony is Peyton got his starting QB job back in time for the playoffs last year. This year, Osweiler is getting it back. I would not be shocked if the Texans win this giving him his first playoff win

Intriguing observation there Chad. This is actually the perfect opportunity for Brock to beat Oakland & retain his starting job. Will Houston win the game? Yes, because without Derek Carr, the Raiders are not seen as a viable SB threat to anyone. And that Texans D is for real. 

Khalil Mack is no Lawrence Taylor; A 1 man wrecking crew all game long at least not yet.

1 hour ago, James said:

He was clearly referring to your team getting destroyed in the playoffs. Mentioning Jags in your reply doesn't make any sense as they weren't a playoff team. Quit belly-aching.

What? I think you need to look up the definition of "bellyaching". Of course the Jags weren't in the playoffs last year. I was talking about a different game. Clearly. 

3 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

What? I think you need to look up the definition of "bellyaching". Of course the Jags weren't in the playoffs last year. I was talking about a different game. Clearly. 

You are belly-aching. He responded to your comment about being in the playoffs for a second straight year, to which you resoneded by mentioning a totally different team (the Jags) and some game that has nothing to do with the playoffs. That's like mentioning the Colts winning the Super Bowl a decade ago - something the Texans have never come close to achieving. Has nothing to do with the initial comments about the current playoffs, and like your comment it would be pure belly-aching.

51 minutes ago, James said:

You are belly-aching. He responded to your comment about being in the playoffs for a second straight year, to which you resoneded by mentioning a totally different team (the Jags) and some game that has nothing to do with the playoffs. That's like mentioning the Colts winning the Super Bowl a decade ago - something the Texans have never come close to achieving. Has nothing to do with the initial comments about the current playoffs, and like your comment it would be pure belly-aching.

Yeah....you don't know what bellyaching means. Nothing wrong with that. But speaking of the Super Bowl....maybe the Texans will be able to get hot at the right time this year during the postseason. Pull a New York Giants kind of push. Two years in a row, but hopefully we make the most of it this year. 

1 hour ago, QwizBoy said:

Yeah....you don't know what bellyaching means. Nothing wrong with that. But speaking of the Super Bowl....maybe the Texans will be able to get hot at the right time this year during the postseason. Pull a New York Giants kind of push. Two years in a row, but hopefully we make the most of it this year. 

I think you guys will beat the Raiders. I almost want to make that my lock because the other WC games are iffy too.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think you guys will beat the Raiders. I almost want to make that my lock because the other WC games are iffy too.

A defensive struggle. I think we win it too with our defense facing the rookie QB. But Brock has played like a rookie at times too this season...I guess we will see. 

46 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

A defensive struggle. I think we win it too with our defense facing the rookie QB. But Brock has played like a rookie at times too this season...I guess we will see. 

QB Conner Cook has no shot against J. Clowney, V. Wilfork, & Brian Cushing as a rookie in the NFL. Of look, another sack. Uncle! Uncle! 

Plus, Brock Osweiler is good on bootlegs for a tall guy. Score: Texans 24 Oakland 17.

Man, I wish you guys had JJ this Saturday. It's killin' him not playing in this one. I'll pulling for Houston in this matchup. Plus, I got a feeling that Brock will surprise TV viewers a day or so from now.

This won't be a Brian Hoyer make it stop embarrassment Chiefs experiment for your organization QuizBoy. Your club will get it done this weekend. 

I know Oakland has a great OL, but once Carr went down, their hope for the season died with Derek's broken leg. It's over.                                                                                                              

4 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

speaking of the Super Bowl....maybe the Texans will be able to get hot at the right time this year during the postseason. Pull a New York Giants kind of push.

That's entirely possible & not as crazy as some people may think QuizBoy. 

Conventional wisdom gets thrown out the window in January. Any team left is capable of a magical run with no best of series, but a win or go home structure. That's exactly right man.

When the Steelers won on the road in 2005, I never saw that coming either. It's possible. Hades, it's been done before from the Wildcard spot. The precedent has been set. 

And before anybody says Brock O. isn't good enough to pull it off, remember Brad Johnson in 2002 with the Tampa Bay Bucs? A darn good defense & a QB who did just enough shocked the world. 

On January 4, 2017 at 9:13 PM, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

If someone punched me in the nose this weekend i'd be bleeding Silver and Black. Can't will myself to "root" for the texans. They're division rivals for a reason 

You mean because the league put the Texans in the AFC South right? 

Look, you can root for or against whatever teams you want of course, but INDY is no position to act superior simply because our once powerhouse dominance has been shaken & we have no horse in this year's race Gabriel. 

I laugh when some Colt fans pretend like regulars on here are a traitor to their team simply because they congratulate a divisional rival fan. It's comically absurd. 

Congratulations QuizBoy on your Texans making the playoffs. [A collective gasp is heard.] Excuse me, while I wait for the Spanish Inquisition torture squad to show up & take me away for good now.

So, is it death by the rack or hot oil? The plot thickens haha

I wonder if Raiders WR Michael Crabtree will be distracted for the game since A.Talib broke his gold chain necklace last week? Just joking.

Athletes are extremely superstitious though, especially when their squad loses & you get paranoid about losing a familiar security blanket/piece of lucky jewelry. It was an obvious intimidation tactic by the Broncos DB. 

Was it a dumb thing to do? Yeah, still an odd bit of NFL trivia about this season though under bat crap crazy stuff that Talib does to gain a competitive edge. 

9 hours ago, southwest1 said:

QB Conner Cook has no shot against J. Clowney, V. Wilfork, & Brian Cushing as a rookie in the NFL. Of look, another sack. Uncle! Uncle! 

Plus, Brock Osweiler is good on bootlegs for a tall guy. Score: Texans 24 Oakland 17.

Man, I wish you guys had JJ this Saturday. It's killin' him not playing in this one. I'll pulling for Houston in this matchup. Plus, I got a feeling that Brock will surprise TV viewers a day or so from now.

This won't be a Brian Hoyer make it stop embarrassment Chiefs experiment for your organization QuizBoy. Your club will get it done this weekend. 

I know Oakland has a great OL, but once Carr went down, their hope for the season died with Derek's broken leg. It's over.                                                                                                              

Yep...I wish Watt could've played all season, of course. It's been tough with him out but the show goes on. Thanks for the support man. :)

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

For both Oakland and Houston who have climbed to the high dive board they both know the pool is Gillette Stadium and the pool is empty and the Pats await their swan dives.

LOL- now that's funny.

OAN Pats practiced 3 days in full pads on their bye.  Chiefs entire week off. Giants with no bye partied with Justin Bieber.  Still don't get his popularity but I assume I'm too old :)

It's cracked me up all year long how this forum bashes Brock so much, when he's beat the Colts twice and his team is in the playoffs. lmaolmao Hate him all you want but his team is in the playoffs and he has your number right now. Poetic justice after all the hate he received on these forums. 

5 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Yep...I wish Watt could've played all season, of course. It's been tough with him out but the show goes on. Thanks for the support man. :)

You have a #1 defense this year WITHOUT JJ Watt. 

Don't let any of them on here try to tell you that Watt is your entire team. They proved it otherwise this year. :thmup:

20 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

It gave Clowney the opportunity to start becoming a super star. Look out when JJ does come back.

On 1/4/2017 at 10:13 PM, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

If someone punched me in the nose this weekend i'd be bleeding Silver and Black. Can't will myself to "root" for the texans. They're division rivals for a reason 

Agreed. Most Texans fans wouldn't root for us, don't know why we should root for them.