Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No comments from Irsay yet [Merge]

azcolt

54 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

He signed Allen to a Hugh contract which should not have been done.

He brought in Patrick Robinson who underperformed.

He spent a 2nd Round pick on a player that to date cannot play.

He let our best linebacker walk while keeping two linebackers as starters who were then cut.

Dorsett continues to disappoint as a 1st round pick.

So in evaluating it is easy to say that Grigson has not improved and continues to make the same mistakes.

It appears as if he just continued with his old habits.

Don't leave out the pictures of Grigson beating seals in the head with a ball bat too while your hating. Geez 

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

lol everytime someone's thread gets merged, there's always this little part inside of me that wants to point and laugh.  .  Like, it's not even that big of a deal, but it I feel vindicated when it happens - particularly when the subject matter of the thread was poor to begin with.  

Not when it's news, though that's a little funny in its own right because I feel sometimes people just want to be the first to post the thread on big news.  Just when people post complaint threads about the same topics over and over about the HC or GM - like, they're pinned at the top already!  

So yeah, I find a little humor in that.  I'd be so liberal merging threads into those pinned threads if I were a mod and be like "Mwwaaaahhahahahaha!  Take that sucka!"

you're not the only one :lol:

The way I see it there are three posablitlies going on with Irsay right now:

1.  Irsay is treating everything as business as usual with no changes and doesn't feel the need to tell the media which is dumb.

2.  Irsay honestly hasn't made up his mind yet which is scary.

3.  Irsay is waiting on something to happen or someone to get back to him.  When he fired Tobin he brought in Polian that day and it was revealed after the fact he had the deal in place before firing Tobin.  Marlin Jackson also said on the radio he knew Peyton and Irsay had talks and that the ball was in Peyton's court.  It could be Irsay is waiting to hear back from Peyton or someone else as to if they want the job and if they say yes then he will make moves and if they say no he will move on to plan B which might be keeping Grigson and Pagano.  

As much as I think change is needed I think it needs to be the RIGHT change, not change for the sake of change.  If Irsay doesn't feel like he can get the right person right now I'd rather keep Grigson and Pagano for another year than getting the wrong person and become like the 49ers who will be on their fourth head coach in four years.  

28 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

1.  Irsay is treating everything as business as usual with no changes and doesn't feel the need to tell the media which is dumb.

3.  Irsay is waiting on something to happen or someone to get back to him.  When he fired Tobin he brought in Polian that day and it was revealed after the fact he had the deal in place before firing Tobin.  Marlin Jackson also said on the radio he knew Peyton and Irsay had talks and that the ball was in Peyton's court.  It could be Irsay is waiting to hear back from Peyton or someone else as to if they want the job and if they say yes then he will make moves and if they say no he will move on to plan B which might be keeping Grigson and Pagano.  

As much as I think change is needed I think it needs to be the RIGHT change, not change for the sake of change.  If Irsay doesn't feel like he can get the right person right now I'd rather keep Grigson and Pagano for another year than getting the wrong person and become like the 49ers who will be on their fourth head coach in four years.  

I could not agree more it's really that simple I just don't get why people keep saying Irsay doesn't have to say he should and he will ! 

33 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Marlin said "he thinks" the ball is in Peytons court.   He didn't know for sure.  

2 minutes ago, Zach Boyd said:

I could not agree more it's really that simple I just don't get why people keep saying Irsay doesn't have to say he should and he will ! 

Well they are right he doesn't have to come out and say anything but what purpose does that really serve?  You leave the media and your fans wondering for what gain?  If they were staying then I think there would at least be a press release saying as much based on all the questions.

i personally think it's one of the later two options that's going on.  Either Irsay truly doesn't know what he's going to do or he's waiting on something.  

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Marlin said "he thinks" the ball is in Peytons court.   He didn't know for sure.  

You are correct, I was just using that more as an example of something that Irsay could be waiting on more than stating it as a fact.  Irsay might be waiting on something or someone that has nothing to do with Manning.

3 hours ago, Zach Boyd said:

So when i listen to Mike Florio,JmV, Mike chappell, Stephen Holder, Bob Kravitz, Mike Wells , Adam Schefter all say this is the strangest and weirdest thing I've seen I should disregard moving forward 

I think you should. There's not really anything weird about it, it's just not what everyone was expecting.

Mike Chappell retweetelte: Jason Lough

My stance exactly. If they are definitely coming back, say so. Silence seems to indicate Irsay is looking for upgrade.

Mike Chappell hozzáadta,

Jason Lough @JasonLough
@mchappell51 If returning, why not come out and silence all of the chatter? Most logical is that Irsay is mulling options.

3 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

Mike Chappell retweetelte: Jason Lough

My stance exactly. If they are definitely coming back, say so. Silence seems to indicate Irsay is looking for upgrade.

Mike Chappell hozzáadta,

Jason Lough @JasonLough
@mchappell51 If returning, why not come out and silence all of the chatter? Most logical is that Irsay is mulling options.

I've been saying this for 3 days......

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Rex only finished with 1 more loss then chuck tho and he played 2 playoff teams twice this year.

Actually the bills played seven games against teams that are going to the playoffs.   Guess what?  So did the colts

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

It doesn't matter.  The colts had the tougher SOS and played the same amount of playoff teams

Still shouldn't give chuck an excuse to not be on the chopping block at all like ryan was. If he's not getting fired they will say so eventually they won't just ignore everything and say business as usual. I would atleast hope not.

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Still shouldn't give chuck an excuse to not be on the chopping block at all like ryan was. If he's not getting fired they will say so eventually they won't just ignore everything and say business as usual. I would atleast hope not.

I would think if irsay was going to make a move,   somebody would have heard about it by now.  Hard to keep things from leaking

Just now, jvan1973 said:

I would think if irsay was going to make a move,   somebody would have heard about it by now.  Hard to keep things from leaking

I think that too but then again I don't get why you woulent just say " we are not making any changes" atleast then the media will move on and stop camping at the facility. Lol

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

i dont know, Venturi says that in the years he worked for Irsay, Jim held his cards tight and until he made a decision, no one knew.  He also said today that Irsay never makes  big decision unless he has the option already lined up and on the hook.  take it for what its worth but Venturi knows Irsay better than any of us so there's some credibility there

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

i dont know, Venturi says that in the years he worked for Irsay, Jim held his cards tight and until he made a decision, no one knew.  He also said today that Irsay never makes  big decision unless he has the option already lined up and on the hook.  take it for what its worth but Venturi knows Irsay better than any of us so there's some credibility there

He had a hiring process before he hired Grigson

57 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

While I agree with most of your points, I'd also argue that the only thing as bad as change just for the sake of change is continuity for the sake of continuity. Irsay has stated that he thinks continuity is important, however that cannot be the deciding factor.

Neither can saying "there weren't better options so we stuck with what we had". That type of mentality works with players sometimes but never with executives and coaches. It's actually insulting to all parties involved. Plus you're subtly standing for mediocrity when you don't make change on a team that underperformed like ours.

My thing is if the staff doesn't inspire confidence to win championships, then you have to move on. So many people here are quick to point out that he just resigned him, so he shouldn't cut them but that logic is so flawed. There's never a wrong time to make change. The Rams extended Fisher and then he was gone weeks later. I don't know why people feel as if Pagano and Grigson are above that. Granted Fisher lost a lot more and is probably a worse coach than Pagano, but that shouldn't matter. 

Theres really no sound argument as to why it'd be wrong to let either/both of them go. I feel like the only argument for keeping them is for continuity which I've already explained why that's wrong.

35 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well they are right he doesn't have to come out and say anything but what purpose does that really serve?  You leave the media and your fans wondering for what gain?  If they were staying then I think there would at least be a press release saying as much based on all the questions.

i personally think it's one of the later two options that's going on.  Either Irsay truly doesn't know what he's going to do or he's waiting on something.  

I listened to Mike Florio on PFT this morning he called it informed speculation that Irsay was looking for a possible upgrade! I think Irsay is to smart of a man if it was a simple as they are both comming back to not just say it and get it over with . At the end of the day one or both maybe back But I believe he is doing his due diligence 

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think number 3 is true. 

3 minutes ago, snkdy said:

I fully expected them both to stay but I didn't think the announcement would take this long. I still think it's more likely that they're retained though.

I don't because if they were, he would have announced that already. He is working on a deal for a new regime.  

5 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

I don't because if they were, he would have announced that already. He is working on a deal for a new regime.  

It does make sense to assume Irsay is putting out feelers, but I'm worried fans are giving into false hope. The probability of retention is still higher in my opinion.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

If Dungy had 2 back to back seasons of 7 wins after a SB win, he'd get leeway too, IMO.

It's now three years in a row for Payton and the Saints. He's actually missed the playoffs 5 out of 10 years, not including the year he was suspended. 

No question he deserves more rope than Pagano.

Just now, Superman said:

He said it three weeks ago. 

He said he didn't expect any changes and that was then and this is now. But he knows that fans want a definitive answer, and yet he refuses to do so. So I'd say he's trying to work out a deal with someone who that is is anyone's guess maybe Manning. 

54 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Neither can saying "there weren't better options so we stuck with what we had". That type of mentality works with players sometimes but never with executives and coaches. It's actually insulting to all parties involved. Plus you're subtly standing for mediocrity when you don't make change on a team that underperformed like ours.

And really there have been at least a few solid candidates at HC the past couple years. Adam Gase is one who would've been a solid hire last season and not just in hindsight, I really hoped we'd go for him and I remember seeing lots of Colts fans and even writers ponder it.

The league isn't pouring with great HC candidates right now but hey, it's not like Pagano was a slam dunk candidate. There are intriguing guys like kid Shanny and Josh McD, bring in a great offensive mind to try and give Luck the last offense he'll ever have to learn. 

Not that we could swoop in and have our pick, which is why if Irsay's doing anything I hope it's waiting to hear back from people.

7 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

And really there have been at least a few solid candidates at HC the past couple years. Adam Gase is one who would've been a solid hire last season and not just in hindsight, I really hoped we'd go for him and I remember seeing lots of Colts fans and even writers ponder it.

The league isn't pouring with great HC candidates right now but hey, it's not like Pagano was a slam dunk candidate. There are intriguing guys like kid Shanny and Josh McD, bring in a great offensive mind to try and give Luck the last offense he'll ever have to learn. 

Not that we could swoop in and have our pick, which is why if Irsay's doing anything I hope it's waiting to hear back from people.

Pay Harbaugh whatever it takes and give him full control..

28 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Well he technically just said the same old end of season quote everyone uses while leaving it wide open for change 

He was pretty matter of fact, actually. Everything is always open for interpretation, but if you take him at his word, then he's already said what he intends to do. If he had said that exact same thing Sunday night, it wouldn't really change anything.

Maybe something else is in the works, but it's not like Irsay hasn't said his piece already.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

He was pretty matter of fact, actually. Everything is always open for interpretation, but if you take him at his word, then he's already said what he intends to do. If he had said that exact same thing Sunday night, it wouldn't really change anything.

Maybe something else is in the works, but it's not like Irsay hasn't said his piece already.

I just don't see it. everyone is supporting that quote as concrete but to me it's just the same lame owner speak that gets used every year.

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

I just don't see it. everyone is supporting that quote as concrete but to me it's just the same lame owner speak that gets used every year.

It's not concrete, which is why we were all waiting for Black Monday. He definitely left himself an out. But end of the day, he said 'I don't anticipate making any changes,' so it's kind of silly to keep waiting for changes.

After he said that, the team went 2-1. Not great, still should have done better, and two of those games were ugly, including the finale. I get why we're hoping he does something, but maybe we should take him at his word at this point.