No comments from Irsay yet [Merge]

azcolt

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Superman said:

You're down three TDs, your QB is hurt, there's 2 minutes remaining, you have 1 timeout, it's raining, you just got the ball at the 20, and you're on the road...

You're not afraid to hope, you just understand that it's over.

So you're saying there's a chance....

2 hours ago, Superman said:

Yes, every team offers their practice squad guys futures contracts after the season. Grigson probably isn't even needed for that process, they started working on that a couple weeks ago. 

I know but I thought, wrongly I guess, that there were more than 7 or however many guys who were given reserve contracts on the PS. So I figured there would've been deliberation there, but I guess not.

14 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I know but I thought, wrongly I guess, that there were more than 7 or however many guys who were given reserve contracts on the PS. So I figured there would've been deliberation there, but I guess not.

Without looking too closely, I know some players are eligible for futures deals. Some guys go sign with other leagues, or want to be free agents. You can't option them and keep them on the roster, they have to agree to the futures contract. I could be wrong, but that's my understanding.

It looks like Grigson isn't going anywhere, so he probably was involved. But he's said on the Lamey show the past two weeks that they were already talking about futures guys, so I'm pretty sure it's not something he necessarily needed to be in the building for. And since there are no guarantees on those contracts, it's not something the owner would restrict if the GM was on the chopping block.

I can't see This benefiting Jim in any way it would only make sense if he was looking at other options .. Jim is a very smart man he isn't oblivious to the fact that players fans and media are sitting around waiting for an answer. Because the moment he releases a statement of any kind this is over you would not want to deal with this unless you need to

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

I finally understand what Morgan Freeman meant in "The Shawshank Redemption" when he said "hope is a dangerous thing."

Soooooooo many of you have just lost touch with reality entirely over your hope of seeing pagano fired.

We get it already.

I finally understand what Morgan Freeman meant in "The Shawshank Redemption" when he said "hope is a dangerous thing."

Soooooooo many of you have just lost touch with reality entirely over your hope of seeing pagano fired.

We get it already.

That so? I'm still seeing plenty of folks waiting on the axe to fall and getting plenty mad because it isn't.

15 minutes ago, Corndog said:

Well, one from this team and Irsay himself, he gave one to Caldwell, Oct. 26, 2011.   There is quite a few across the world of sports, very common thing.  

A quote from Irsay would be awesome. Either way, I'm pretty sure he didn't say "I don't anticipate making any changes." It certainly wasn't Week 14.

I feel like that 'vote of confidence = kiss of death' thing is overstated. And whatever the case, there's a difference between 'he's our coach' and "I don't anticipate making any changes." 

11 hours ago, DarkHorseColts said:

Caldwell was retained until Grigson was on board in 2012. Not saying Irsay IS looking for a new GM & giving them input on whether to keep the coach or get a new one, just that he has done it before.

And grigson and Caldwell interviewed spagnuolo together for the vacant DC position.  It wasn't until after spags turned them down that Caldwell was fired.

Not sure at this point now what everyone is expecting to hear. Like the sky will part and some big God like voice will boom down saying, "Colts fans.......I am here. Your messages have been received. Changes are coming and we will again concur all."

45 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Andy crawled to freedom through 500 yards of foulness I can't even imagine. Andy Dufresne, the man who crawled through a river of poop came out clean on the other side. Why he chose "enchilada night", I will never know.

You have teams firing their coaches 1 or 2 games before the season ended.  If Irsay would have made a move, it would have been then, not now, especially week(s) after the season ended....Face it fellow Colt fans we're stuck resting our elbows on our knees again for another disappoint 2017 season.  So Sad!!!! 

Logically if it was set in concrete they were both coming back something would have been said. There wouldn't be any other reason to go through that for Irsay he is well aware people are waiting. Anyone who says he doesn't owe anyone a statement on this matter is wrong he owes the fans maybe not the media but his season ticket holders and loyal fans yes he does to this point it has been a public relations nightmare however of he is trying to land a big name and does in fact do that all would be forgiven

Anyway, the only reason why there might be something happening, is the lack of any tidbits from the media folks covering Colts/NFL, saying G and P stay.

You would think that Irsay would have some nuggets of info slip onto them, if everything was status quo.

You don't want to keep the media in an information vacuum, because they will then eventually start making their own speculative news based on shaky rumors and/or speculation.

8 minutes ago, Mr Clueless said:

Anyway, the only reason why there might be something happening, is the lack of any tidbits from the media folks covering Colts/NFL, saying G and P stay.

You would think that Irsay would have some nuggets of info slip onto them, if everything was status quo.

You don't want to keep the media in an information vacuum, because they will then eventually start making their own speculative news based on shaky rumors and/or speculation.

Yeah it's never quiet on both fronts. If Irsay hasn't said something usually the media is speculating and vice versa. Even if they're wrong, the media guys are usually saying something.

Thats why all of this is weird. Absolute silence on both sides. And we haven't heard anything from Pagano since the presser.

I for one HOPED for change like many others (not all) but some. It's been hard to watch the national and local media bad mouth the Colts but it's even harder to admit most of the talk is deserved to a point. Some of the media blame the GM who built a bad roster while others point to an underwhelming hc that lacks the general x and o savvy to compete OUTSIDE the putrid AFC south which is no longer guaranteed as the Colts DROPPED to 3rd in the division. More however point to the owner who they say appears to be in "la la land" as his franchise has spiraled from contender status to one that is barely a .500 team as they once again entered the last week of the season at 7-8 which is not much of a return on the questionable decision to grant the duo 4yr extensions despite question marks starting to show in their respective abilities. 

My only hope now is that Irsay has his eyes on someone in the playoffs or is making some calls behind the scenes with some details being worked out BUT If that's not the case I believe a few Colt fans will be feeling blue a lot next season and NOT because of the team colors.....

As someone pointed out on Twitter this morning  the Lions announced Caldwell (a playoff coach) will be back next year, whereas the Colts haven't official announced anything and Pagano said he believes he will be back. Silence is odd, it would take very little effort to release a press statement saying they will be back.