Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalseStart

YOU'RE THE GM....MOCK 2017

GM For a Day... (NO TRADES)

As the GM I Select:

1. Derek Barnett DE

2. Devonte Fields OLB

3. Carlos Watkins DT

4. Brian Cox DE

5. Conor McDermott OT

1. Solomon Thomas, EDGE, Stanford

2. Vita Vea, NT, Washington (not sure if he'll be here, but he'd be a great pick if he is)

3. Wayne Gallman, RB, Clemson

4. Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB, Tennessee

5. Tyquan Lewis, EDGE, Ohio State

1. Jamal Adams

2. Jarred David

3. Chidobe Awuzie 

4. Wayne Gallman 

4. Vince Biegel

5. Ryan Switzer

Colts Draft Simulation from http://draftwired2.com:8888/apps/DraftWired

If McKinley makes it to us, I'm all over it!

Rd 1   Pk  15 - Takkarist McKinley (OLB 3/4) UCLA
Rd 2   Pk  47 - Jaleel Johnson (NT) Iowa
Rd 3   Pk  79 - Alvin Kamara (RB) Tennessee
Rd 4   Pk 120 - Kendell Beckwith (ILB) LSU
Rd 4   Pk 143 - Nico Siragusa (G) San Diego State
Rd 5   Pk 160 - Ed Paris (CB) LSU
Rd 6   Pk 201 - Cole Croston (OT) Iowa
Rd 7   Pk 237 - Derek Rivers (OLB 3/4) Youngstown State

2 hours ago, BigHen said:

McKinley is more likely to be available in the 2nd round than to be gone by our pick

There's a lot of knowledgeable folks who think McKinley will be a top 10 pick.  Comparing him to D.Ware

if he blows up the combine he will be right up there.  In April I say you Mr Luck will be quite happy to get him in the 1st round.

4 hours ago, AndyLuck said:

McKinley is more likely to be available in the 2nd round than to be gone by our pick

I think the opposite is true. I've seen a few mocks with him going high in the first.

8 hours ago, MasterCrief said:

1. Solomon Thomas, EDGE, Stanford

2. Vita Vea, NT, Washington (not sure if he'll be here, but he'd be a great pick if he is)

3. Wayne Gallman, RB, Clemson

4. Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB, Tennessee

5. Tyquan Lewis, EDGE, Ohio State

I think Vita is still a Sophomore and is not eligible for the draft.

I checked earlier this week and that's how I believe he's listed on the Washington Roster....

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think Vita is still a Sophomore and is not eligible for the draft.

I checked earlier this week and that's how I believe he's listed on the Washington Roster....

He's a red shirt sophomore so he can come out this year. I have yet to see anyone have him on the board past day 2. I think he declares. A 6'5 335lb monster that moves better than our current ILB is just what this D needs too,

1st- McDowell DL MSU pass rush help up front and run stuffer

2nd-. Landry OLB BC pass rusher and great vs the run 

3rd- Langley CB/PR Lamar love this kid Georgia transfer 

4th- Morton G/T  WMU keep feeding the OL 

5tn Augusta NT Mizzo a mountain at NT 

6th Boom Williams KY kid has legit 4.3 speed par him with Gore/Turbin a homerun threat 

7th Davis Edge Chattanooga more pass rush 

It's early things will change 

I don't know a ton about all the prospects but I'm going to base this off of Walterfootball's mock drafts and what's available at 14.

1. Charles Harris - OLB - Missouri

2. Alvin Kamara - RB - Tennesee

3. Raekwon McMillian - LB - Ohio State

39 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I don't know a ton about all the prospects but I'm going to base this off of Walterfootball's mock drafts and what's available at 14.

1. Charles Harris - OLB - Missouri

2. Alvin Kamara - RB - Tennesee

3. Raekwon McMillian - LB - Ohio State

I like this one a lot. Harris is a guy that is moving up my board quickly and I think he'll go higher than he is currently being mocked (late 1st). I think both McMillan and Jarrad Davis (Florida) or even Anthony Walker (Northwestern) are a better value in the 2nd (or 3rd if we're lucky) than Foster is in the 1st. 

The only item I'd change without knowing who we sign in FA is to wait until one of our 4th's to go RB. I'd like to use a 2nd or 3rd on one of the many talented CB's in this draft. I think we could pick up a guy like Awuzie, Tankersley, Conley at those picks. Obviously, this would change if we could pick up a Gilmore/Johnson/Bouye in FA.

For now, I'll go:

1. Charles Harris - OLB Missouri

2. Jarrad Davis - ILB Florida

3. Chidobe Awuzie - CB Colorado

4. Brian Hill - RB Wyoming

4. Lowell Lotulelei - DT/NT Utah (Probably late for him, but the production hasn't quite been there so I can see a drop)

59 minutes ago, BCoop said:

I like this one a lot. Harris is a guy that is moving up my board quickly and I think he'll go higher than he is currently being mocked (late 1st). I think both McMillan and Jarrad Davis (Florida) or even Anthony Walker (Northwestern) are a better value in the 2nd (or 3rd if we're lucky) than Foster is in the 1st. 

The only item I'd change without knowing who we sign in FA is to wait until one of our 4th's to go RB. I'd like to use a 2nd or 3rd on one of the many talented CB's in this draft. I think we could pick up a guy like Awuzie, Tankersley, Conley at those picks. Obviously, this would change if we could pick up a Gilmore/Johnson/Bouye in FA.

For now, I'll go:

1. Charles Harris - OLB Missouri

2. Jarrad Davis - ILB Florida

3. Chidobe Awuzie - CB Colorado

4. Brian Hill - RB Wyoming

4. Lowell Lotulelei - DT/NT Utah (Probably late for him, but the production hasn't quite been there so I can see a drop)

I'm not bothered by those picks at all, we need improvements all over this defense, but I think we're gonna have to spend a 2nd day pick on an RB if we want to get a decent one.  We have not yet been able to find an RB for the next several years despite trying to get some from UDFA and late round picks. 

IDK who the FA's are for RB's but it probably wouldn't be too costly to get one in FA.  You just have to look for effective ones who arn't name players.  Gore right now costs us only like 3 or 4 M. 

6 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I'm not bothered by those picks at all, we need improvements all over this defense, but I think we're gonna have to spend a 2nd day pick on an RB if we want to get a decent one.  We have not yet been able to find an RB for the next several years despite trying to get some from UDFA and late round picks. 

IDK who the FA's are for RB's but it probably wouldn't be too costly to get one in FA.  You just have to look for effective ones who arn't name players.  Gore right now costs us only like 3 or 4 M. 

I would tend to agree on finding a quality running back. If we can lock down one of the top 3 CB's in FA, I'll feel a lot better about using one of those early picks on a RB. Grigson really needs to pull out the wallet this year and get a premiere secondary guy to pair with Vontae. We have the cash to spend $12-14 mil per on a CB and there's really no reason not to do it.

1 hour ago, BCoop said:

I would tend to agree on finding a quality running back. If we can lock down one of the top 3 CB's in FA, I'll feel a lot better about using one of those early picks on a RB. Grigson really needs to pull out the wallet this year and get a premiere secondary guy to pair with Vontae. We have the cash to spend $12-14 mil per on a CB and there's really no reason not to do it.

You are wrapping a lot of money up in CB's if you spend that much on a free agent CB.  

Quite frankly I'm ok with starting Melvin for another year and focusing on linebackers.  If we're going to go for a CB then we should draft one.  

2 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

You are wrapping a lot of money up in CB's if you spend that much on a free agent CB.  

That's true. But it would only be for one year, correct? It looks like Vontae's contract is up after next year. Does anyone think he'll command #1 money as a 30 year old cornerback next offseason? That may depend on his performance, but I think he'll be a great #2 option going into 2018. Whoever we sign this off-season needs to be the long-term #1.

10 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Quite frankly I'm ok with starting Melvin for another year and focusing on linebackers.  If we're going to go for a CB then we should draft one.  

IMO we need to sign a CB in free agency and draft one. Davis isn't going to last forever. 

2 hours ago, BCoop said:

That's true. But it would only be for one year, correct? It looks like Vontae's contract is up after next year. Does anyone think he'll command #1 money as a 30 year old cornerback next offseason? That may depend on his performance, but I think he'll be a great #2 option going into 2018. Whoever we sign this off-season needs to be the long-term #1.

He could probably get #1 money if he's playing like a #1.  Revis was getting big time contracts well into his 30's. 

His play up until recently has warranted it.

37 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

He could probably get #1 money if he's playing like a #1.  Revis was getting big time contracts well into his 30's. 

His play up until recently has warranted it.

Hopefully he won't get #1 money from us. I love the guy but it's a bad idea to give big money to a CB who's going to be over 30 and has struggled with injuries for back to back seasons. 

For all those who like McKinley, he is going to go in the 1st round, and it will be because of his play this year, but the thing which will vault the kid up the draft is potential. He will blow the combine up. The kid ran track in high school and now is a guy who is fast sideline to sideline and can cover. You look at his measurables and he is the kind of kid I expect to move up really quick!

14 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I think the opposite is true. I've seen a few mocks with him going high in the first.

Maybe I misread or something, thought I saw something about a slide

Getting McKinley and a RB by the 3rd round seem essential to me.

I like Kamara or Jamaal Williams.  A lot of people dont seem to know about Williams.

He reminds me of Matt Forte

If they come out of this draft with the next D. Ware and Matt Forte that would be a home run