Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano will be made available to the media at 1:30 today.

stitches

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

But you cannot disregard it. It all flows from the same source - the reason he's getting paid so much is the same reason why there are a ton of people calling for his job when he does a poor job - he is in the spotlight and it's part of his job.

Of course as a person we can sympathize with Pagano for losing his job, but he's not hired for the person he is, he's hired to coach a football team and he arguably hasn't done good job at it. It's nothing personal here. I haven't seen anybody calling for Pagano's job because he's a bad person - quite the opposite, I can with clean conscience say Pagano seems like a great person and don't wish anything bad to him, but at the same time I can recognize the job he's done with the team is inadequate and we might be better served by getting another coach.

Please go back to my original question, or exercise, and just substitute your name anywhere you see Pagano or Grigson's name mentioned in connection to his firing on message boards or Twitter :)

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, krunk said:

So do reporters who follow falsehood all the time. Most people on this board believe the reporters. Irsay doesnt really play a lot of games like that and he's never been quick to jump the gun. Unless its Caldwell awful and even then he let him finish the season.

It's not that people automatically believe the reporters.....they just have hope Irsay will do what most people believe to be the obvious.

Jump the gun?  It's year five.

1 minute ago, RomanianColtsFan said:

Please go back to my original question, or exercise, and just substitute your name anywhere you see Pagano or Grigson's name mentioned in connection to his firing on message boards or Twitter :)

A coach at this level knows the nature of the beast. 

5 minutes ago, BOTT said:

It's not that people automatically believe the reporters.....they just have hope Irsay will do what most people believe to be the obvious.

Jump the gun?  It's year five.

Year 5 of a mostly successful tenure. Hes delivered more than Jason Garrett had ever delivered and he's still got his job. Chuck is worth at least another season at a minimum. Irsay would not be irrational in doing so.

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

But Polian was fired pretty quickly after the season

News came out late the afternoon the day after the season ended Polian was out.  Could be Grigson is out all we know is that he won't be on the Colts radio show this week.  

Just wait and see.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

As long as we know what the decisions are at 1:30 pm, that's all I want for now. People were unhappy and fine with the decisions last year, it will be the same this year as well, people on both sides of the spectrum.

I think more people are wanting them gone this year than last year. Obviously I have no proof of knowing that, but it seems like most of the fan base is unhappy compared to last season. 

That said, I'm getting the feeling that nothing is going to change.

25 minutes ago, stitches said:

But you cannot disregard it. It all flows from the same source - the reason he's getting paid so much is the same reason why there are a ton of people calling for his job when he does a poor job - he is in the spotlight and it's part of his job.

Of course as a person we can sympathize with Pagano for losing his job, but he's not hired for the person he is, he's hired to coach a football team and he arguably hasn't done good job at it. It's nothing personal here. I haven't seen anybody calling for Pagano's job because he's a bad person - quite the opposite, I can with clean conscience say Pagano seems like a great person and don't wish anything bad to him, but at the same time I can recognize the job he's done with the team is inadequate and we might be better served by getting another coach.

Yeah, I don't think most of our opinions on him as a coach are personal.  He seems like a great guy and I hope he finds somewhere he can be successful.  I just don't think he's a good NFL head coach, which is an incredibly tough job where only few succeed.  I could see him doing well in college or going back to being a coordinator and I hope he does well.  

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Year 5 of a mostly successful tenure. Hes delivered more than Jason Garrett had ever delivered and he's still got his job. Chuck is worth at least another season at a minimum. Irsay would not be irrational in doing so.

he would be a fool.

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

I think more people are wanting them gone this year than last year. Obviously I have no proof of knowing that, but it seems like most of the fan base is unhappy compared to last season. 

Yeah. I think people looked at them last year and went ok you didn't have Andrew Luck for 9 gams and won 6 of them he deeserves another chance.  This year they saw Andrew out there for 15 games and yet the same record and people are over it.

4 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Oh it definitely seems like a lot more fans became fed up this year. And the people who were already fed up last year are almost over the edge now.

I agree with the feeling that nothing is going to change though.

6 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I'm certain Grigson is gone.

They don't want him making off-season FA decisions with him having used up all the FA mulligans, IMO.

It doesn't really matter what Chuck says. Grigson is the key.  If Grigson is fired and a new GM hired, it could be a few week process before this situation works itself out.  Caldwell was fired weeks after the 2012 season ended.

10 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Oh it definitely seems like a lot more fans became fed up this year. And the people who were already fed up last year are almost over the edge now.

I agree with the feeling that nothing is going to change though.

Yup, I think they stay for at least 1 more season.

56 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Nothing I literally dislike both of them more then anyone on the board so idk what makes you think I see anything special they both are trash at their jobs. What I said was better players after 5 years and we would have masked our terrible coaching a little.

They may not be GOOD ENOUGH.    But when you have ZERO LOSING seasons in 5 years,  there is NO ARGUMENT that either are "trash at their jobs."

They can be NOT GOOD ENOUGH and get fired.     But neither is trash.

You and the rest of the young posters here don't that yet.     You're too young to know that.    But you'll figure it out someday when you get older.     

Most of life is not black or white, good or bad,   great or sucks.       It's somewhere in the middle.    And that's where Pagano and Grigson are.       They're clearly not "trash at their jobs"....

5 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yup, I think they stay for at least 1 more season.

Yeah I agree, one more season to really show progress.

That gave me a funny thought though. If he and Grigson had been extended just before Luck went down in that offseason, and if the past two years had played out the exact same, I would be much more confident in changes. But just a year into their contracts? Nah.

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah I agree, one more season to really show progress.

That gave me a funny thought though. If he and Grigson had been extended just before Luck went down in that offseason, and if the past two years had played out the exact same, I would be much more confident in changes. But just a year into their contracts? Nah.

Thats what I think too. I'm actually all for changes as I think they are needed, but realistically I don't see Irsay just tossing their 4 year extensions in the trash after 1 year. But then again you never know...most thought they would be gone last year and weren't, maybe the opposite happens this year. I just hope we know soon one way or the other.

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

Thats what I think too. I'm actually all for changes as I think they are needed, but realistically I don't see Irsay just tossing their 4 year extensions in the trash after 1 year. But then again you never know...most thought they would be gone last year and weren't, maybe the opposite happens this year. I just hope we know soon one way or the other.

It's hard to imagine that all 4 years are guaranteed. 

He should stay.  Sure luck was healthy but the roster around him was a revolving door with the injuries, especially on the defense and o line.  Chud and monochino were in their first year.  And the players play hard for him.  That's the most important thing.  

Grigson I'm more ambivalent about.