Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano will be made available to the media at 1:30 today.

stitches

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

The direct words of Irsay dont seem to mean anything to you guys. You'd rather buy the speculation of people other than the head man. The man said "No wholesale changes" out of his own mouth. The only way wholesale changes happen is by firing the coach and gm. And out his own mouth he said its not likely for wholesale changes. So I'm expecting his regular Monday conference.

I think some people in here know there probably won't be changes made but are still holding out hope. I tried my hardest to not set myself up for disappointment but I honestly just can't help it. I'll be completely unsurprised but also disappointed if they're not fired.

It could be that Irsay informed him that Ryan Grigson is going to be leaving and the next GM would decide whether the coach stays or not. Not wanting to be a lame duck coach, Pagano might have chosen to resign. I think that might have been how things may have played out leading to this press conference. Again, my guess is as good as yours. :)

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

The direct words of Irsay dont seem to mean anything to you guys. You'd rather buy the speculation of people other than the head man. The man said "No wholesale changes" out of his own mouth. The only way wholesale changes happen is by firing the coach and gm. And out his own mouth he said its not likely for wholesale changes. So I'm expecting his regular Monday conference.

Owners and coaches say stuff all the time and turn around and do something different.  Maybe they stay or maybe they go, but I don't put a lot of stock in what he said several weeks ago.

6 minutes ago, RomanianColtsFan said:

I wonder how I or any one of you would feel if there were hundreds of people on message  boards or Twitter watching or wishing for you to be fired from your job.

I definitely feel bad for chuck, because he does seem like a great man. I especially hate when reporters ask him about his future as a coach there, so rude and disrespectful. 

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I think some people, like me, know there probably won't be changes made but are still holding out hope. I tried my hardest to not set myself up for disappointment but I honestly just can't help it. I'll be completely unsurprised but also disappointed if they're not fired.

THIS

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

Besides. Irsay would have a presser scheduled before Pags if he were being fired   He wouldn't put Pagano out there to break the news 

so unless there is an Irsay presser then it will be more about chopping wood and how hard the guys fought blah blah blah 

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I think some people, like me, know there probably won't be changes made but are still holding out hope. I tried my hardest to not set myself up for disappointment but I honestly just can't help it. I'll be completely unsurprised but also disappointed if they're not fired.

Same it seems in the Luck Era we love having stupid people running the team 

5 minutes ago, BLUEx40 said:

chuck hasnt had a losing season yet and grigson has done good the last two drafts they are probably not going anywhere this season irsay will give them one more season to make the playoffs

Hasn't he had 5 losing seasons outside of the division?

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

It could be that Irsay informed him that Ryan Grigson is going to be leaving and the next GM would decide whether the coach stays or not. Not wanting to be a lame duck coach, Pagano might have chosen to resign. I think that might have been how things may have played out leading to this press conference. Again, my guess is as good as yours. :)

Really hope you are right Chad!!

2 hours ago, 12to13 said:

I definitely feel bad for chuck, because he does seem like a great man. I especially hate when reporters ask him about his future as a coach there, so rude and disrespectful. 

That's their job. As someone who worked in the media for four years I can tell you it's not easy or fun most of the time. Try having to ask people to talk on camera after a family member died tragically. You know what you sign up for when you get into the media business but, that doesn't make it any easier.

1 minute ago, 12to13 said:

Seriously?  I think it's rude and disrespectful to the fans that this is the best he can prepare a team.    And then just answer questions with cliches 

why wouldn't he be asked?  He SUCKS!!

Just now, BLUEx40 said:

dont what anything i said has to do with watching games i was stating facts but yes sir i do

That was hard to read. But I said that because you said chuck has a winning record, BUT that only tells a little bit of the story. Because his record against the afc south is decent, his record against the rest of the NFL is BAD. So if you watched allllll of the games, I don't see why you'd be sticking up for chuck, or Grigson honestly. Just saying brotha man

Just now, Coltfreak said:

Seriously?  I think it's rude and disrespectful to the fans that this is the best he can prepare a team.    And then just answer questions with cliches 

why wouldn't he be asked?  He SUCKS!!

Yeah seriously. It's classless. Disagree if you want I don't care lmao. Why the hell would he be asked? It's not his choice? 

3 minutes ago, corgi said:

That's their job. As someone who worked in the media for four years I can tell you it's not easy or fun most of the time. Try having to ask people to talk on camera after a family member died tragically. You know what you sign up for when you get into the media business but, that doesn't make it any easier.

Media gets no respect from me, what a lousy career. All I gotta say about that. 

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Really hope you are right Chad!!

Chuck is probably more endearing to the fans than Grigson, IMO. Hence Irsay felt he deserved a press conference more than Grigson if that's how things turned out.

1 minute ago, 12to13 said:

Yeah seriously. It's classless. Disagree if you want I don't care lmao. Why the hell would he be asked? It's not his choice? 

Why would he be asked???? Because he had been coaching horribly and. We'd to stand on the carpet for his stupidity.  You are right it is his choice.  If he would rather. It have to answer these question maybe he should do a better job.   He deserves the questions 

7 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Owners and coaches say stuff all the time and turn around and do something different.  Maybe they stay or maybe they go, but I don't put a lot of stock in what he said several weeks ago.

Yup, and Irsay said (paraphrasing as I can't remember exact statement) that at that point in time he didn't anticipate changes. He didn't say there never would be changes. He just didn't think there would be back when he said it.

5 minutes ago, 12to13 said:

That was hard to read. But I said that because you said chuck has a winning record, BUT that only tells a little bit of the story. Because his record against the afc south is decent, his record against the rest of the NFL is BAD. So if you watched allllll of the games, I don't see why you'd be sticking up for chuck, or Grigson honestly. Just saying brotha man

Don't forget that in many of those losses we weren't even competitive. Most of them were blowouts. 

Just now, Coltfreak said:

Why would he be asked???? Because he had been coaching horribly and. We'd to stand on the carpet for his stupidity.  You are right it is his choice.  If he would rather. It have to answer these question maybe he should do a better job.   He deserves the questions 

Whatever, we have different opinions about it. Yeah he has been bad as a coach, but not on purpose. I don't care to argue about this.

16 minutes ago, 12to13 said:

I would either stay or resign.  I would make my money for 2 more years and come back as a DC somewhere.

1 minute ago, #12. said:

No one is resigning with three years and millions left on their contracts.

If most of the money is guaranteed even if you leave but you don't want to be a lame duck coach at the behest of the next GM, it's a luxury Pagano has, IMO.

9 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Hasn't he had 5 losing seasons outside of the division?

And now he is working towards a sub .500 in the division. I so dislike Pagano as a coach, I'm sure he is a fine man but this isn't daycare, I don't need nice people, I need to see competent coaching. I don't see it from Pagano! 

2 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Don't forget that in many of those losses we weren't even competitive. Most of them were blowouts. 

Because we don't have the talent.      And never have. 

When the Colts are blown out it's talent issue,  not a coaching issue.

Why the fan base doesn't know this is a complete mystery.....

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

If most of the money is guaranteed even if you leave but you don't want to be a lame duck coach at the behest of the next GM, it's a luxury Pagano has, IMO.

I don't think that's how it works.