Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano will be made available to the media at 1:30 today.

stitches

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thank you.

I've been saying that for a year now and some posters keep insisting we have far more talent and are close to going to a Super Bowl.      I don't see what they see and I'm very confident in my eye sight.

At least I know you're seeing what I'm seeing when it comes to the roster....

We may disagree elsewhere and that's OK.....   but at least you're seeing the roster as I do....

Wish more people here did....

There is no question the roster is not talented. However, with the same talent (however inferior it might be), you see varying performances from week to week, it shows a lack of maximization of talent, IMO. I am of course willing to give it one more year with talent infusion but when do you say "enough is enough"? Like someone else said, fans are apprehensive of going down the path of a Manning type Colts again.

Winning trumps everything and when both Grigson and Pagano were tied at the hip last year, most of us felt it was 2 years at best. It might be one year too early to judge right now but if we do take a swing at all the necessary pieces, the end of the 2017 season, if we don't win the division again, might be enough to say "this is it". Ultimately, Irsay has to decide, if the goal is to win the AFC South or win the SB. Just because we take 2 steps back, if we get those 2 steps back (i.e. winning the AFC South), is that enough?

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, chad72 said:

There is no question the roster is not talented. However, with the same talent (however inferior it might be), you see varying performances from week to week, it shows a lack of maximization of talent, IMO. I am of course willing to give it one more year with talent infusion but when do you say "enough is enough"? Like someone else said, fans are apprehensive of going down the path of a Manning type Colts again.

Winning trumps everything and when both Grigson and Pagano were tied at the hip last year, most of us felt it was 2 years at best. It might be one year too early to judge right now but if we do take a swing at all the necessary pieces, the end of the 2017 season, if we don't win the division again, might be enough to say "this is it". Ultimately, Irsay has to decide, if the goal is to win the AFC South or win the SB. Just because we take 2 steps back, if we get those 2 steps back (i.e. winning the AFC South), is that enough?

To me, winning the division is not enough. They can still have the slow starts, penalties and uninspired play and still win the division. They need to contend for a 1 or 2 seed. 

4 hours ago, #12. said:

The final month of 2006, the year they won the Super Bowl, Peyton lost to both the Texans and Jags.  The two might have combined for 4-5 more wins that year, but talent wise were pretty similar.  Keep in mind, that Colts team was superior to this team at probably every position of offense, with two all world pass rushers and a DPOY in Bob.  

Beyond that, if you are going to make any sort of fair Manning to Luck comparison, you need to compare first five years to first five years - Manning's first five years in which he won more than 10 games once, zero playoff games and threw 33 more INTs than Luck has to the same point.  No, through five years, Manning wasn't this efficient machine racking up 12 wins a year.  

No. I am responding to Bott saying that Manning couldn't win 12 games with this team.   I say he would have easily. Because he wouldn't have ran some of the stupid plays that were called and would have read the defense.