Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Will Be A Bust. Lock It Up!

Yeah I said it. So much hype and drama for someone that hasn't taken even 1 snap in NFL.

If you follow football you should know that most of the times these hyped up QB's turn out to be just average and even busts.

It is very rare and uncommon for anyone QB to just come in and be a superstar. Luck is no exception, he has the same odds as any other great college QB. Those odds are to turn out average or bust.

If he is such a superstar, then how come he didn't even win college POY? or Heisman or whatever?

There is a QB in this years draft that willbe a star in this league, and he is not Andrew Luck.

So lock it up, I said it here first. Andrew Luck will be a bust.

Did Peyton win the Heisman? How did he turn out? Lets look at a list of heisman winner at the QB position

Andre Ware, Ty Detmer, Gino Torretta, Charlie Ward, Danny Wuerfful, Chris Wienke, Eric Crouch, Carson Palmer, Jason White, Matt Leinart, Troy Smith, Tim Tebow, Sam Bradford, Scam..... I mean Cam Newton. How many busts do you see on that list? How many Super Bowls? The Heisman argument holds no ground

I think maybe one of the best indicators of Luck's possible success in the NFL, may be found in the Sport's Science video in the other thread. Luck has a lightning quick release and he's accurate. Those are the difference makers in the NFL. QBs that don't make it either have long motions, a slow release or they have a cannon for an arm and they aren't accurate. Luck has the best combination for success.

nope. I never said that. If manning can't start then yes take the best QB you can in the draft. I am all for it. This still does not change my intentions of this thread. What do you want me to say? Luck will be a star? 100% of you are saying that. Why should I join the sheep.

You are gonna remember me for the rest of your life if this comes true.

To the rest of you people, I really hope Luck becomes a superstar. I want our team to be the team we were in the decade+ Manning was here. I am just prepared for the worst and hoping for the best.

I'm glad u all had fun with the thread. It would be pretty boring if every single person thought he was gonna be a star.

I was bored before I read this post and now, I will probably remember you for the rest of my life, number 26.

Peyton never won Heisman or a National Championship. And he's pretty good.. if you like 6-5..230 pound QBs with a laser rocket arm.

And what does hype have to do with his performance on the field?

i remember the first time i saw that commercial like it was 20 minutes ago.

i remember the first time i saw that commercial like it was 20 minutes ago.

Man, I don't think I've ever laughed at a commercial like I did at that one. Next time Peyton does an interview on ESPN he should wear that cheesy mustache and completely play it off haha

QBs who are hyped this much I would actually argue are rarely ever a bust (Though they're not always legends either). It's usually the guys who have hype and go late in the 1st round or into the second that are sometimes flops. And it's true you never know how someone will adjust to the higher level of play in the NFL, but for gods sake look at some of the rookie successes out there and look how much better Luck's play is. He's not just some kid who had this magic gift. His father was in the pros, coached by Jim Harbaugh, etc... Sure he's smart and has developed his own play, but the dude was groomed for this, he's been prepped by guys who know what the transition into the NFL takes. We are insanely lucky to be in position to pick him up, it really is like the football gods are smiling on us.

Yeah I said it. So much hype and drama for someone that hasn't taken even 1 snap in NFL.

If you follow football you should know that most of the times these hyped up QB's turn out to be just average and even busts.

It is very rare and uncommon for anyone QB to just come in and be a superstar. RG3 is no exception, he has the same odds as any other great college QB. Those odds are to turn out average or bust.

If he will be so much better than Andrew Luck, then how come players like Gino Toretta who have won the Heisman and been inducted into the College Football HOF come out and still suck?

There is a QB in this years draft that willbe a star in this league, and he is not RG3.

So lock it up, I said it here first. RG3 will be a bust. Just like any other QB who has yet to take a NFL snap.

See how easy that was. And I know GT was not a high draft pick, I'm just going off your assumption that AL will be a bust because he has not won the heisman.

It is very rare and uncommon for anyone QB to just come in and be a superstar. RG3 is no exception, he has the same odds as any other great college QB. Those odds are to turn out average or bust.

If he will be so much better than Andrew Luck, then how come players like Gino Toretta who have won the Heisman and been inducted into the College Football HOF come out and still suck?

There is a QB in this years draft that willbe a star in this league, and he is not RG3.

So lock it up, I said it here first. RG3 will be a bust. Just like any other QB who has yet to take a NFL snap.

See how easy that was. And I know GT was not a high draft pick, I'm just going off your assumption that AL will be a bust because he has not won the heisman

I'm not that optimistic about either of them. Often the best quarterback in a draft ends up being someone completely unexpected who goes to a team with a good coach, line, defense and receivers and is given time to develop. Hype is not a good thing.

I'm not that optimistic about either of them. Often the best quarterback in a draft ends up being someone completely unexpected who goes to a team with a good coach, line, defense and receivers and is given time to develop. Hype is not a good thing.

I'd just like to point out that this is an unfair assessment. There is usually 1 or 2 very hyped QBs in a draft and numerous unhyped QB's. So essentially we are comparing 2 to maybe 15 or more QBs that can enter the draft. So odds are that an unyped QB can become successful because there are so many more of them every year. We just don't hear about or care about the unhyped QBs that bust.

If he turns out to be an average NFL QB it would be considered a bust. Because he is projected to be a superstar.

Anything short of a star will be a bust for him. He is so hyped up its a joke.

It is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. I am so tired of hearing this "best since Sid Luckman" stuff. Maybe it's me but I just do not see this demigod quarterback everyone keeps talking about. I see just another Pac-10 quarterback shredding weak Pac-10 defenses while getting almost no pressure at all due to his offensive line.

It is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. I am so tired of hearing this "best since Sid Luckman" stuff. Maybe it's me but I just do not see this demigod quarterback everyone keeps talking about. I see just another Pac-10 quarterback shredding weak Pac-10 defenses while getting almost no pressure at all due to his offensive line.

He doesn't even "shred" defenses. His stats are actually nothing amazing outside of maybe his completion percentage. He played in a run heavy offense. His top weapon was a 2nd round TE, his best receiver is projected to go into the 6th round.

If you want to use defense as an argument, I can also make a case for his offense.

That being said you can't seem to wrap your head around the fact he is not #1 because of his stats, the defense he faced or Stanfords W/L. You just don't get it and I dont think you ever will.