Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T.Y. Hilton wins nfl receiving title with 1,488 yards.

Dustin

6 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Glad to hear he won, but Julio was the league's best receiver this year.  He put up 1300+ yards in 13 games.  In a healthy season, that would have given him 1600+ yards, which would have been over 150 yards more than Hilton.

Oh, definitely. Theres a few other receivers that are better than him too. Still have to be happy with Hilton's performance this season though. 

The thing is, Hilton still has room for improvement. It felt like the dude dropped a bunch of passes this season. Congrats to him though, he's still my favorite Colt :)

16 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Glad to hear he won, but Julio was the league's best receiver this year.  He put up 1300+ yards in 13 games.  In a healthy season, that would have given him 1600+ yards, which would have been over 150 yards more than Hilton.

Sure, but if you want to argue that, there are 2 games at least where Hilton got injured very early and left the game. Steelers and at Houston. 

To me, this is the best part of the season because he carried us once Moncrief went down for a brief while. Well deserved!!!

Very very happy for him - the second, third and fourth Julio, OBJ and Antonio Brown all made the playoffs. He came to play even in the second Texans game that we lost.

32 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Hilton was hurt this year 2, still tried to fight thru it 

26 minutes ago, CR91 said:

TY will be talked about in the same breathe as Marv and Reggie in Indy. Just wait and see

Im not so sure about that. I have yet to see Hilton catch one handed footballs. That takes focus and he has more drops I believe. But he is still 3rd colt receiver all time I'm sure. But Marvin is HOF and Reggie is close to it, if not also HOF. That's almost like saying Luck is in the same category as Peyton. Sorry but no. 

1 minute ago, NannyMcafee said:

Im not so sure about that. I have yet to see Hilton catch one handed footballs. That takes focus and he has more drops I believe. But he is still 3rd colt receiver all time I'm sure. But Marvin is HOF and Reggie is close to it, if not also HOF. That's almost like saying Luck is in the same category as Peyton. Sorry but no. 

In due time. Luck and Hilton have plenty of football left god willing

3 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I would concur, physically speaking.  But something to keep in mind is where each is playing.  Hilton is about THE only prime target in his offense and defenses STILL had trouble stopping him.  In Atlanta you got Jones, Gabriel (who came on strong), and both Devonte Freeman and Tevin Coleman who are excellent in the passing game too, not to mention running the ball.  I agree with you that Jones is better but I'm also willing to give Hilton his due here.

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

TY will be talked about in the same breathe as Marv and Reggie in Indy. Just wait and see

I sure hope so.  He definitely has a very high ceiling.  To me, I don't think he will ever be on the same level as Marvin, but can definitely see him getting to the level that Wayne was at.  Time will tell.

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

To me, this is the best part of the season because he carried us once Moncrief went down for a brief while. Well deserved!!!

Very very happy for him - the second, third and fourth Julio, OBJ and Antonio Brown all made the playoffs. He came to play even in the second Texans game that we lost.

It would be nice to have a solid #2 to compliment T.Y. and take some of the pressure off of him and keep the opposing defenses honest.   Can you imagine the stats he would put up if we had another CONSISTENT WR on the other side?  I know that Moncrief has the potential, but he's not quite there yet, and Dorsett has not lived up to expectations.   

11 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I would concur, physically speaking.  But something to keep in mind is where each is playing.  Hilton is about THE only prime target in his offense and defenses STILL had trouble stopping him.  In Atlanta you got Jones, Gabriel (who came on strong), and both Devonte Freeman and Tevin Coleman who are excellent in the passing game too, not to mention running the ball.  I agree with you that Jones is better but I'm also willing to give Hilton his due here.

Agree, but we have some weapons here as well.  There are a lot of factors that go into it.  For example, the Colts were missing Moncrief for a handful of games.  That means defenses can focus on Hilton more, but it also means Hilton gets more targets.  Either way, the bottom line is that both Hilton and Julio are great receivers.