Report: McDaniels would be interested in Colts HC job

RockThatBlue

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Shive said:

What great leaders/coaches do you see constantly yelling at people?

well, if you are going to add the word "constantly", then none.  But guys knight, Saban, parcels, Lombardi were quite successful.  I'm not saying yelling was reason for their success or that I even respect it, but guys like that have gotten it done.

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Chuck is terrible Mcdaniels would atleast flip out on the players when they made mistakes instead of looking dumb founded like Pagano does all the time.

I don't get this mentality at all.

As a grown man when you communicate with me I do not respond to yelling and swearing. Adults have adult conversations.

20 minutes ago, Shive said:

His stint in Washington showed it. I'm not talking about the RG3 stuff, more so the poor adjustments and game planning. Kyle did a great job doing what he could with a talented, yet incompetent QB, but I don't think Mike would do much at this point in time.

He took a lousy spread option QB that the GM reached on to a playoff game by tailoring the offense around his limited skill set (although some of the credit goes to Kyle). He also showed GM qualities by having the foresight to draft Cousins, who is now going to receive a huge payday. Plus he didn't get a franchise QB. He had a washed up McNabb, and then Rex Grossman and John Beck. He was fired for not being able to win with terrible QBs. The game has in no way passed him by.

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

1. Shannahan (Mike)

2. Gruden

3. Saban 

4. McDaniels

In that order. McDaniels is a last option IMO. 

I don't really like any of them. All are overrated, in my opinion. Especially Gruden. Shannahan is a rich man's Jeff Fisher, still living off past glory nearly 20 years after the fact

1 hour ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

I don't get this mentality at all.

As a grown man when you communicate with me I do not respond to yelling and swearing. Adults have adult conversations.

True... but his point has merit, Pagano is an enabler. Lack of accountability is our biggest cultural problem right now. That's why you see the same mistakes being made by players old and new, for 5 years straight. He's a player's coach, but it's at the point where it's to a fault now

Just now, luv_pony_express said:

I'm probably in a tiny minority here, but I think we should give Jeff Fisher a look.

I felt like his Titans teams usually punched above their weight class.

I always thought the same about Jack Del Rio in JAX, too.  And look what he's done in Oakland.

You are most certainly in the minority.

1 hour ago, Shane Kevin Wilson said:

Irsay needs to bring in Jim Harbaugh and let him replace Grigson and Pagano. He could easily take the salaries that are being wasted by them and bump it to make it more attractive than his raise he's going to get from MIchigan. 

Reunite Andrew with Jim and let the magic start.

That's pretty unlikely to happen, IMO.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

You are most certainly in the minority.

Oh, I know.  But, then again, if we'd have hired JDR, Colts fans would've fumed....wrongly so.  Again, he's done a masterful job in Oakland.  And I, for one, am not surprised.

The mark of a coach is how well a team does relative to the hand they've been dealt.  And I've long thought that both Fisher and Del Rio usually did better than most with usually bad hands.

Jack Del Rio is an excellent football coach.  And so is Jeff Fisher.

1 hour ago, luv_pony_express said:

I'm probably in a tiny minority here, but I think we should give Jeff Fisher a look.

I felt like his Titans teams usually punched above their weight class.

I always thought the same about Jack Del Rio in JAX, too.  And look what he's done in Oakland.

Ok.

I gave him a look.

Then turned my head away quickly.

He's an offensive guru. They never really have elite players all over the offense but he seems to know how to use them correctly. Denver gave him power that he had not earned. He would need a strong GM to work with but Irsay would probably keep Grigson. 

Falcons, Patriots are all in playoffs, I feel Gruden has a head start with any interviews along with Mike Shanahan.

What do people think of Lovie Smith as DC ? TY McGill and several pieces of ours fit a 4-3 D more, hence the question 

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

What do people think of Lovie Smith as DC ? TY McGill and several pieces of ours fit a 4-3 D more, hence the question 

Personally, I think a move to 4-3 would be wise. However, Lovie is currently the head coach at the University of Illinois. It seems unlikely he would leave that for a coordinator position in the NFL.

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Falcons, Patriots are all in playoffs, I feel Gruden has a head start with any interviews along with Mike Shanahan.

Well, if it fits TY McGill, then I'm all for it!!!!

8 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Chuck is terrible Mcdaniels would atleast flip out on the players when they made mistakes instead of looking dumb founded like Pagano does all the time.

Or clap.

Pagano loves to clap.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Can't assistant coaches interview during the first round bye?