Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

Maybe the players already know the Chuck Pagano era is over? They sure are playing like a team that were just told this game doesn't matter at all!

Yup, except they weren't told.  They simply know it.

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Where in the hell was this Blake Bortles all year?? He plays like this all year and the Jags are in the playoff and prolly undefeated in the division

He is so hard to figure...he rolls up numbers but sometimes he seems to force the ball and gets intercepted easily...

Trying to do it al himself (sound familiar?)

Truth is: Jax probably has better players than we do outsid eQB

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Yeah...below is a quadrant chart that mapped YAC over expectation (y axis) and ADOT (x axis).    Pittman is in the middle (ADOT) but way way off to the right alone. To me...that implies somewhat of an outlier. Especially when you see that MVS is the only one close horizontally (but has the highest ADOT).  Pittman had two monstrous crossing routes that he was mostly untouched. Great runs after the catch...but great scheming as well. And to your point, those plays are probably designed for Campbell (and possibly Harris as he develops). Most NFL WRs are getting huge gains on those...even MAC had a huge one early in the season...where he rumbled untouched for 30+ yards.   Those two plays accounted for more than 1/5 of his regular season production. Yes he got hurt...but he still got an 64% snap share on the season. The rest of the time...he was mostly a possession WR. Perhaps that was more on Rivers or Reich...but he wasn’t getting downfield.   When we dig deeper...we also see a decent catch rate with a handful of drops, low separation/target, low contested catch rate, low yards/route. Basically...a low-end WR2/high end WR3.   He was just a rookie...so we can expect his numbers to increase. And we saw some flashes in the BUF game...but it was on a screen and corner routes.    I still think he’s going to be a good WR2. A taller, more athletic Pascal type. But the expectations are much higher for many.   It’s just when you contrast Pittman to what we saw in some of the other guys picked just before or after him...there is a noticeable difference thus far. Even Mims looked like more of an X WR at times (and that was in NYJ’s offense).   Colts really need to bring in a talented WR this year. E004A255-97CF-489F-B7F9-A42F33FCB629.webp
    • I wish we had two of Rhodes. 1 at each outside corner. And Kenny on the nickel would be nice. We need to strengthen our corners.
    • Seahawks  Philip Rivers 
    • Lunch apparently    Dang, ok thanks for the update. 
    • As far as a QB goes I would love to trade for Watson, yes I would give up 3 first round picks in 2021, 2022, 2023 to get Watson but this will never happen. So my next 2 options which are reasonable are this:   Trade this years first round pick (2021) and next years second round pick (2022) for Matt Stafford. Stafford would ball out here with the line we have. I think the Lions would do that deal. The other option is re-sign Rivers for 20 Mill a year, which is a slight pay cut (not 25 Mill) but 20 Mill is 20 Mill which is still fantastic for a 39 year old QB.   If we traded away this years first round pick for any reason that would still leave us picks 2-7. In round 2, I am taking a LT - that is a no brainer, I want to keep Q at OG. I would go Pass Rusher in round 3 and re-sign Justin Houston to a 1 year deal to be safe.  
  • Members

• Nadine

Nadine 6,209

Administrators
    • Nickster

Nickster 760

• davidshoff

davidshoff 1

Rookie
    • CR91

CR91 5,891

• ar7