Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Jaguars Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I dont think anyone needs to be fired. Just make major personnel improvements to this D. Ensure that we are a stronger running team to help the young O line. Speaking of the O you do that by either adding another young O lineman or adding a true talent at RB or do both. We hit on improving the D and being able to run more and we will be much better than 8-8 next year.

I agree..dont blow up an 8-8 team

Jax and Bears are 3-13..

....we don't know what bad is

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't have an answer for that

..but when you rally and come back repeatedly...that's coaching, right?

And I don't have an answer for that one. Just a frustrating and puzzling team right now and not sure anyone has the answer. Coaches deserve credit for comebacks, same as blame for bad starts, 

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't have any answer.

........you could at least start the game and the 3rd quarter in no-huddle when everyone is fresh.

Did we not used to do that???

Let's be honest...it tells me the coaching staff can't think that fast....they always cry about getting the right personnel on the field all the time. They have no feel for the game they can't think on their toes and they lack the creativity to run it. That's what it tells me.

1 minute ago, coltsfan77 said:

Fans like to watch their team play 4 qtrs vs 2 every game! This staff has been pretty consistent on giving us 2 for quite sometime now.I totally get the frustration!

I hear you..but the Bears were 3-13,...0-8 on the road..

...don't get too carried away with how bad we are.

..We have the QB, the WRs, the TEs....a new line..

with some rookies and free agents on defense././we can make the playoffs next season

19 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If we lost it could have been 9 at the best and 19 if we won at the worst. Probably same as last year....but with the scores today it was likely 11th if we lost. It is Doesntwhat it is...but it's about 8 spot difference...in every round not just the first.

Doesnt matter if you make good choices with your picks. And there are always players who drop in the draft so its very likely someone will be available who we originally thought we had no shot at. No one thought Myles Jack and Shack Lawson would be available with our pick but they were for example. Nobody thought Tunsil would fall either.

A lot of our holes were caused once again to health,Geathers has been good when in,i think p rob is better than shown but nagging injuries and could of been used a bit diffrent,Anderson hopefully back at full strength,E jacks has shown flashes but can be helpful in depth,with the right cuts,we can be looking at close to 60 mill or so going into free agency,as far as our own i say butler,walden,and doyle are priority if the prices are right,wouldnt mind adams back on a 1 year or 2 with easy out in 2nd,The offense with Andrew always shows flashes of its potential, a lot came down to whack play calling and rookies up front who started to come along well.There is defientaly holes but i dont think its as gloomy as we are making it out to be,guess its just us so used to being spoiled with peyton and than luck coming onto the scene hot.There's going to be 31 other fan bases just as * as us at the end of the year,lets just hope the pats are part of the 31 haha

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Andrew could've been celebrating like he was too because it was Mathis last game. I bet that is the main reason. The Jags were showboating a lot though.

He loves to compete and hates to lose. That's what I want from my QB.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Doesnt matter if you make good choices with your picks. And there are always players who drop in the draft so its very likely someone will be available who we originally thought we had no shot at. No one thought Myles Jack and Shack Lawson would be available with our pick but they were for example. Nobody thought Tunsil would fall either.

Didn't Tunisia drop from like 1-2 to 11? Right where we would have picked. My main point was is we lose like 8 picks every round not just the first...it's significant....otherwise why not let the best teams draft first? Of course it can make a difference. I'm not mad we won...but I'm not going to ignore the fact it did come at a cost.

29 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

They play for him..

Criticism of the GM....due to what we have on defense......I hear that.

But the team plays for Pagano....they rally for him.

He'll be back

Where was this effort vs Houston?  They play for him.  Get outta here with that nonsense.  They got Lucky literally and came back to beat a bad football team.  Then celebrated like they won the Super Bowl.  Big whoop.  If that doesn't epitomize the culture of mediocrity currently surrounding this franchise nothing does.  

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Didn't Tunisia drop from like 1-2 to 11? Right where we would have picked. My main point was is we lose like 8 picks every round not just the first...it's significant....otherwise why not let the best teams draft first? Of course it can make a difference. I'm not mad we won...but I'm not going to ignore the fact it did come at a cost.

I think its unrealistic to think or expect a team to lose on purpose. The goal is to win and that's what every team tries to do. Its more realistic to expect a team to make good to great decisions when they get on the clock and strategically in terms of trading downward for more picks and whatever else. If we do our dillegence properly we shouldn't end up with bad players.

Peyton did not get to the Super Bowl until the Defense talent and performance level was raised. I think some of Paganos decision making has to do with having numerous personnel holes. Bad protection, bad defense, can't run the football. Solve some of this stuff and I think the results will be more consistent. I watched Jack Del Rio for too many years to know he ain't much better than Pagano. Plug some of these holes and I think the guy will do better.

9 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Where was this effort vs Houston?  They play for him.  Get outta here with that nonsense.  They got Lucky literally and came back to beat a bad football team.  Then celebrated like they won the Super Bowl.  Big whoop.  If that doesn't epitomize the culture of mediocrity currently surrounding this franchise nothing does.  

His point was that if the players weren't behind Chuck, they wouldn't fight back to win this game. This really is similar to what the team has done Luck's whole career: be able to fight and stay in games late. I also am sure they are't celebrating an 8-8 season but winning Mathis' last game, winning for the coach, etc. Look at the Bills rolling over against a bad Jets team, we have a coach the players respect and fight for, that is important.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I think its unrealistic to think or expect a team to lose on purpose. The goal is to win and that's what every team tries to do. Its more realistic to expect a team to make good to great decisions when the get on the clock and strategically in terms of trading downward for more picks and whatever else.

I didn't expect us to lose. Quite the contrary...I expected us to come out and roll this crappy jaguar team. To play hard 4 quarters and execute. To look like we were well prepared and better than 500. Instead we had the same lackluster performance we've seen over the past couple years. Yes we came back and was given a win by like the second worst franchise in the game. We looked like crap for like 75% of the game and this has been the same story for two years. All I was saying that feel good win still had a cost...and it's probably 8 draft positions....8 more opportunities to have the best player in each rd...all 7 rds. Again...always want to win....just some wins have consequences and I can't be mad at those that wish we lost.

29 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I didn't expect us to lose. Quite the contrary...I expected us to come out and roll this crappy jaguar team. To play hard 4 quarters and execute. To look like we were well prepared and better than 500. Instead we had the same lackluster performance we've seen over the past couple years. Yes we came back and was given a win by like the second worst franchise in the game. We looked like crap for like 75% of the game and this has been the same story for two years. All I was saying that feel good win still had a cost...and it's probably 8 draft positions....8 more opportunities to have the best player in each rd...all 7 rds. Again...always want to win....just some wins have consequences and I can't be mad at those that wish we lost.

Why did you expect that? Jags have played every team in this division tough all year. Most of their losses have been close outside of that first Titans game.

Our Colts concluded the 2016 NFL season, defeating the Jaguars 24-20, and again as in 2015, finished with 8 wins and 8 losses.  A bright sign that tour Colts concluded their 2016 schedule, and began New Year's Day 2017, with a win over the Jaguars.

Now the long offseason begins since the Colts were eliminated since their road loss at Oakland last Sunday.   Andrew Luck was healthy most of the season, but the Colts were still short of making the postseason.

Colts management will evaluate the past season, and make the inevitable changes, such as which players re-sign and retain, and those who will be waived or released as free agents.  Also if the Colts are going to retain General Manager Ryan Grigson, the scouting staff, and Head Coach Chuck Pagano and his coaching staff.

Not only will the Colts sign veteran free agants beginning in March, when the NFL calendar year begins, but before March, the Colts management will be at LOS (the building) after the Super Bowl 51, where college players are invited for the upcoming NFL Combine.

Player interviews prior, and into the 2017 NFL Draft, then the Organized Team Activities (OTA's)  in May and June before the Colts 90-man roster reorts to training camp in the summer.

Colts 2016 campaign and being eliminated from the NFL Playoffs  is just a temporary setback for now..  But I am sure the Colts braintrust will staff the talented team before opening week in September that will represent our city, and compete with the 2017 Indianapolis Colts.

My pleasure preparing the Colts Game Day Threads, and my sincere appreciation and gratefulness again for Nadine and the rest of the moderating team allowing me to start these threads.

I also like to thank the rest of the registered  members here on the Official Colts Fan Forum Message Board here on http://www.colts.com/  along with myself, for participating and posting your threads and narrating the action throughout the course of each game.

Colts also have a new rival to reckon with,  in the Houston Texans, who are on a three-game winning streak over them.  Not only have they achieved their first road win at Indianapolis in their team history back in 2015, but the Texans  also swept the Colts for the first time in 2016.  and both last and this season won back-to-back AFC South Division Titles.  Colts should find a way to staff a Colts team to  win more games and both reclaim the AFC South, and dethrone the Texans in 2017.

Thanks for participating, let's do it again in the upcoming 2017 NFL season.  Stay Colts Strong throughout the offseason, and as always GO COLTS!!!!!   :)  :coltslogo:  :1colts:  :colts:    :coltshelmet:  :coltshorse:  :coltslogo: