Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

League champs thread

B~Town

To those who drafted well worked that waiver wire and made all the right moves congratulations ! Lets see those winning line ups .

QB M Ryan

HB T Gurley

F Gore

J Howard

bench

I Crowell

B Powell

WR T Hilton

D Bryant

S Watkins

bench R Matthews

Te C Clay

T Eifert

K Matt Prater

D Bills

Good Times got the fifth-highest point total in the league (regular season + playoffs) and took down Hulk Smash 169.78 to 145.00. Good Times has been unstoppable and has now won six straight. This win was sweeter than most, serving as revenge for a Week 9 145.01 to 137.46 loss to Hulk Smash.

I got lucky and won the Elite League with:
QB: Andrew Luck, Alex Smith
RB: David Johnson, Jay Ajayi, Ty Montgomery
WR: Amari Cooper, Malcolm Mitchell, Randall Cobb, Willie Snead
TE: Zach Ertz, Jack Doyle
K:  Roberto Aguayo, Nick Novak
DEF: Los Angeles Rams, Minnesota Vikings

There were quite a few moving pieces in my roster, though. Above is just my final roster.

I was the 3 seed, and scored the 5th highest points.

I won the championship by 5 points, simply due to the Cowboys clinching home field, and the holidays.

10 minutes ago, buccolts said:

I got lucky and won the Elite League with:
QB: Andrew Luck, Alex Smith
RB: David Johnson, Jay Ajayi, Ty Montgomery
WR: Amari Cooper, Malcolm Mitchell, Randall Cobb, Willie Snead
TE: Zach Ertz, Jack Doyle
K:  Roberto Aguayo, Nick Novak
DEF: Los Angeles Rams, Minnesota Vikings

There were quite a few moving pieces in my roster, though. Above is just my final roster.

I was the 3 seed, and scored the 5th highest points.

I won the championship by 5 points, simply due to the Cowboys clinching home field, and the holidays.

Don't sell yourself short. Your waiver pickups of Jay Ajayi, Ty Montgomery, Mitchell and Zach Ertz all played pivotal roles at different junctures. Luck and David Johnson were consistent studs, so your top 2 picks played as such. 

Vikings fizzled at the end but you were able to overcome that with roster depth.

52 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Don't sell yourself short. Your waiver pickups of Jay Ajayi, Ty Montgomery, Mitchell and Zach Ertz all played pivotal roles at different junctures. Luck and David Johnson were consistent studs, so your top 2 picks played as such. 

Vikings fizzled at the end but you were able to overcome that with roster depth.

Well, thanks.

It was a very competitive season, and a lot of fun.

3 hours ago, B~Town said:

To those who drafted well worked that waiver wire and made all the right moves congratulations ! Lets see those winning line ups .

QB M Ryan

HB T Gurley

F Gore

J Howard

bench

I Crowell

B Powell

WR T Hilton

D Bryant

S Watkins

bench R Matthews

Te C Clay

T Eifert

K Matt Prater

D Bills

Good Times got the fifth-highest point total in the league (regular season + playoffs) and took down Hulk Smash 169.78 to 145.00. Good Times has been unstoppable and has now won six straight. This win was sweeter than most, serving as revenge for a Week 9 145.01 to 137.46 loss to Hulk Smash.

Was this from the Average Joe's League, or other?

15 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Was this from the Average Joe's League, or other?

Another league tried to re join joes but had a problem getting back in . Was a crazy season started out 1-4 was in last place after week 5 but made all the right add drops and player decisions to only lose 1 game after week 5 that was to the fellow I played in the championship game .

QB: Cousins and Stafford

RB: David Johnson, Ezekiel Elliot

WR: Nelson, Evans

TE: Olsen

Flex: Riddick, Montgomery, Ertz, Meredith

K: Bryant

Def: streamed all year after JJ Watt got hurt, mainly whoever was facing the Browns

notable move was trading Frank Gore, Zach Miller, and Willie Snead for Elliot to a guy ravaged with injuries but mostly had an unlucky schedule. One bad draft pick in John Brown. Had Deangelo help me get to 3-0. Finished second in season and first overall.

Other league lost by ONE FREAKING POINT. But I fell backwards into the finals from the 5th seed

QB: Rodgers

RB: Gore, Dion Lewis (lost Forte and Riddick)

WR: Julio, Cooks (lost Cobb)

TE: Bennett (lost Zach Miller)

Flex: Meredith, Moncrief

Def: Broncos, Patriots, Giants, Chargers vs Brown's

K: Justin Tucker

if only I hung on to the pats (dropped them two weeks ago for Giants against Detroit), my opponent grabbed them and beat us by ONE.  

RIP HARAMBE was very close to two ships but I'll settle for one.

2 minutes ago, bababooey said:

QB: Cousins and Stafford

RB: David Johnson, Ezekiel Elliot

WR: Nelson, Evans

TE: Olsen

Flex: Riddick, Montgomery, Ertz, Meredith

K: Bryant

Def: streamed all year after JJ Watt got hurt, mainly whoever was facing the Browns

notable move was trading Frank Gore, Zach Miller, and Willie Snead for Elliot to a guy ravaged with injuries but mostly had an unlucky schedule. One bad draft pick in John Brown. Had Deangelo help me get to 3-0. Finished second in season and first overall.

Other league lost by ONE FREAKING POINT. But I fell backwards into the finals from the 5th seed

QB: Rodgers

RB: Gore, Dion Lewis (lost Forte and Riddick)

WR: Julio, Cooks (lost Cobb)

TE: Bennett (lost Zach Miller)

Flex: Meredith, Moncrief

Def: Broncos, Patriots, Giants, Chargers vs Brown's

K: Justin Tucker

if only I hung on to the pats (dropped them two weeks ago for Giants against Detroit), my opponent grabbed them and beat us by ONE.  

RIP HARAMBE was very close to two ships but I'll settle for one.

How did you get David Johnson and Ezekiel Elliott? Did you trade for one or draft them both? In all 5 of my leagues, both of them went 1st round. Got Elliott in a couple I won, but I had no shot at David Johnson. Congrats btw!

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

How did you get David Johnson and Ezekiel Elliott? Did you trade for one or draft them both? In all 5 of my leagues, both of them went 1st round. Got Elliott in a couple I won, but I had no shot at David Johnson. Congrats btw!

Thank you! I drafted Johnson but had a guy with very bad luck (scheduling and injuries), he was at the point where his team was like Elliot, Ajayi, Sanders, Austin, Rudolph, and Sterling Shepard and I got him to trade me Elliot for Gore, Z Miller (was the 4th best TE at the time), and Snead. This was the week he had mostly everyone on bye too so he was pretty desperate. 12 team league, some people weren't happy but it made sense bc he was going to be starting all three guys and the points he got from me were more than just starting elliot and his trash guys.

1 minute ago, bababooey said:

Thank you! I drafted Johnson but had a guy with very bad luck (scheduling and injuries), he was at the point where his team was like Elliot, Ajayi, Sanders, Austin, Rudolph, and Sterling Shepard and I got him to trade me Elliot for Gore, Z Miller (was the 4th best TE at the time), and Snead. This was the week he had mostly everyone on bye too so he was pretty desperate. 12 team league, some people weren't happy but it made sense bc he was going to be starting all three guys and the points he got from me were more than just starting elliot and his trash guys.

Nice trade! I had a couple offers for Elliott but stood pat. He was an absolute beast this year, and with that rb combo, I can only imagine how well you did. That's a move that wins leagues, great job! :thmup:

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Nice trade! I had a couple offers for Elliott but stood pat. He was an absolute beast this year, and with that rb combo, I can only imagine how well you did. That's a move that wins leagues, great job! :thmup:

Thanks man, its all about the combo! In 2014 I drafted Antonio Brown in the second round and ended up picking Odell Beckham Jr in week 3 before he made his debut, won the ship. In 2012 I drafted Foster 1st overall and got AP w the 24th pick when it swung back around the year he came back from injury and was MVP. No ship that year though, ironically it was the game they played each other that lost it for me. Gonna miss fantasy til next year

• 1 month later...

16-0

averaged 130 points per week in a standard league

here was my (perfect) draft

1. David Johnson

2. LeVeon Bell

3. T.Y.

4. Latavius Murray

5. Tom Brady

6. Stephan Goskowski

7. Emmanuel Sanders

8. Michael Crabtree

9. Melvin Gordon

10. Cardinals D

11. Derek Carr

12. Tyrod Taylor

13. Travis Kelce

waiver:

Ajayi, Davante Adams, Donte Moncrief 

trades:

Ajayi and Emmanuel Sanders -> Jory Nelson

my starting lineup pretty much every week was:

Tom Brady

David Johnson

Leveon Bell

TY

Jordy

Travis Kelce

Melvin Gordon

Gostkowski

Defense with good matchup from waiver

I've played 7 different leagues (8 man, 10, 12, 16) I've won 3/7 got 2nd in 3/7 and third 1/7. Also, I have gotten highest scoring team in 6/7 of the leagues I played throughout the years.

• 3 weeks later...

I was in 7 leagues total, and ended up winning 3 SBs, lost the SB in one league, lost the game to get to the SB in two leagues, and lost in the first round of the playoffs in the last league.  I made it to the playoffs in every league, but 7 leagues was too many.  I only wanted 3, accidentally signed up for 3 more, then we started one at work a week before kickoff.

I'm neither proud, nor embarrassed, by this, because I accidentally signed up for 3 leagues that I thought were mock drafts on NFL.com, and there were "non-participants" in every league, which kinda takes away some of the fun.  I had an easy path to the playoffs in some leagues, while in some leagues, especially the one at work, I really had to earn it.

HOMER ALERT: I drafted Luck in every league but one, which auto-drafted because it was a "mock" and when some other guy took Luck 2nd overall, I left the draft room... ended up with Eli Manning/Whoever I could get in FA.  THAT was the league where I got booted in the 1st round of the playoffs.  It's like you needed either Andrew Luck or Matt Ryan to win the SB this year...  I also accumulated all of the Colts pass-catchers in every league: TY, Moncrief, Allen, Doyle.  It all paid off.  Luck to any of them and I got double points.  It was beautiful.  Every time Luck threw the ball to TY for a big gain or TD, it was like I was double-happy. :excited::scoregood::rock::headspin:

The one league I really cared about, the one at work, had money on the line, which I won, so it was all worth it.  Still... only 3 leagues next year.  And feel free to employ my "Colts QB-Colts Pass-catchers" combination strategy.  It has won me numerous fantasy SBs dating back to the Peyton Manning days. :thmup:

What I noticed about all 4 leagues that I did NOT win, was that the winner of the SB was whoever picked up Matt Ryan in FA.  Every time.  AND, I had to beat the person who had Matt Ryan for ALL 3 of my SBs, while EVERY playoff game I lost was to the team with Matt "frickin" Ryan.  It was uncanny.  Matt Ryan was the fantasy MVP as well as the NFL MVP.

Moral of the Story:  The only excuse that the team with Matt Ryan has for not winning the SB, is that they ran into a buzz-saw like me, who drafted well, exploited mismatches, and stayed on that waiver-wire.