Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 2006Coltsbestever

    5897

  • NFLfan

    2316

  • Jay Kirk

    2232

  • PrincetonTiger

    1857

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

It is Jackie Robinson Day today. It is the 70th Anniversary of when Jackie Robinson integrated baseball. A month or so later, Larry Doby integrated the AL, playing for the Cleveland Indians.  

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Glad to hear that you and yours are okay

So far have not heard of any injuries several roads were closed trees across road. Trees every where some uprooted some just snapped in half. Seen some smashed vehichles.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Cards ended up winning the wife and I went to bed and were finishing game but didn't see end Got hammered by a storm about 10.45pm power went out we went out to go to work tree fell on top of power line covering drive no other way to get out . If that wasn't bad enough had attached line running across ground right in front of wifes car and across the hood of my car. So we were going nowhere till power company got there. Just got power back at 8pm. More of Terre Haute hammered as well may be up to 7 days till all power restored.

 

Sorry to hear that, buddy. Hope everything gets back to normal soon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Do you get it from Merom Hoosier Energy?. And yes your very close to Gibson

Duke Energy but before we moved it was Vectren Princeton is serviced by 3 companies

 

 Duke

 Vectren

 Win Energy

 

just like banks

 

 5/3

Old National

Regions

German American

First Bank

Woodforest(WalMart)

First Bank of Terre Haute

Evansville Federal Teacher's Credit Union

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Duke Energy but before we moved it was Vectren Princeton is serviced by 3 companies

 

 Duke

 Vectren

 Win Energy

 

just like banks

 

 5/3

Old National

Regions

German American

First Bank

Woodforest(WalMart)

First Bank of Terre Haute

Evansville Federal Teacher's Credit Union

 

Lol we have Win comes from Merom , lol these power grids are strange things. We had a plant real close before it shut down Indiana Michigan power they sold the power in West Virginia . :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Lol we have Win comes from Merom , lol these power grids are strange things. We had a plant real close before it shut down Indiana Michigan power they sold the power in West Virginia . :lol:

Much of the power produce at GGS goes to the Indianapolis area

 

 There is a plant in Pike County(Petersburg) that is owned by IPL(Indianapolis Power and Light) that produces power for Indy

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Terre Haute means high land in French. Is it on high land?

Yes and no lol it higher than river bottoms lol. Lol the Natives had strong holds all along the Wabash river area part of it was stomping grounds of none other than Tecumseh

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes and no lol it higher than river bottoms lol. Lol the Natives had strong holds all along the Wabash river area part of it was stomping grounds of none other than Tecumseh

Be nice to us Indians 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It was built on high ground above the Wabash

 

Okay. That makes sense.

 

"Terre" means land/ground and "Haute" means high. 

 

6 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes and no lol it higher than river bottoms lol. Lol the Natives had strong holds all along the Wabash river area part of it was stomping grounds of none other than Tecumseh

 

I know nothing about the rivers over there, lol. Is there a strong presense of Indians/Native Americans in Indiana? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

Okay. That makes sense.

 

"Terre" means land and "Haute" means high. 

 

 

I know nothing about the rivers over there, lol. Is there a strong presense of Indians/Native Americans in Indiana? 

Not anymore but lots of history The North half of Terre Haute is probably 100 feet higher than South half.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Yes I'm one as well lol . 2 of the first forts Vincennes And Fort Harrison in Terre Haute it is on high ground .

My Grandmother's family came from Knox County and the patriarch of the family was Wea and/or married into the Tribe

 

 I could become a member of the Wea tribe. I have Wea blood on one side Cherokee on the other

 

 

The family name went from DeQuindre to Cary/Carey/Carie

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Okay. That makes sense.

 

"Terre" means land/ground and "Haute" means high. 

 

 

I know nothing about the rivers over there, lol. Is there a strong presense of Indians/Native Americans in Indiana? 

The whole Northern half of the state was off limits until the 1830s due to Indians. There were large Indian Villages near present day Lafayette

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

My Grandmother's family came from Knox County and the patriarch of the family was Wea and/or married into the Tribe

 

 I could become a member of the Wea tribe. I have Wea blood on one side Cherokee on the other

 

 

The family name went from DeQuindre to Cary/Carey/Carie

 

 

My Great Grandfather was full Cherokee out of NC

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The whole Northern half of the state was off limits until the 1830s due to Indians. There were large Indian Villages near present day Lafayette

Absolutely Fort Harrison was the farthest north outpost I know of

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The whole Northern half of the state was off limits until the 1830s due to Indians. There were large Indian Villages near present day Lafayette

Yes there were a few different tribes in this area

Link to post
Share on other sites

Vincennes is also French I think. I checked out a map of Indiana and I did not see any other cities that sounded French.

 

However, one city I found is called Santa Claus. Is that really a name of a city? Lol.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Vincennes is also French I think. I checked out a map of Indiana and I did not see any other cities that sounded French.

 

However, one city I found is called Santa Claus. Is that really a name of a city?

If you want to call it a city lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
What tribe of Indians lived in Indiana?
Among the major tribes that lived in what is now Indiana were the Delaware, Kickapoo, Miami, Mound Builders, Piankashaw, Potawatomi, Shawnee, and Wea. After 1794, treaties were made that opened up large areas of land for settlement.Jun 23, 2016
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jay Kirk said:
What tribe of Indians lived in Indiana?
Among the major tribes that lived in what is now Indiana were the Delaware, Kickapoo, Miami, Mound Builders, Piankashaw, Potawatomi, Shawnee, and Wea. After 1794, treaties were made that opened up large areas of land for settlement.Jun 23, 2016

 

I love this stuff (the history of Indiana, etc.). Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NFLfan said:

Vincennes is also French I think. I checked out a map of Indiana and I did not see any other cities that sounded French.

 

However, one city I found is called Santa Claus. Is that really a name of a city? Lol.

Vincennes was settled by the French

 

 and

 

 Yes "Virginia" there is a Santa Claus(It is Jay Cutler's Hometown) 

 

 My uncle taught it the Corporation that covers Santa Claus

 

 Holiday World is near Santa Claus

 

Abe Lincoln grew up very close to it

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Vincennes is also French I think. I checked out a map of Indiana and I did not see any other cities that sounded French.

 

The High School Mascot is the Alice

 

 Dubois County has a French Name but settled by Germans

 

Lafayette was named to honor Marquee de la Fayette 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Vincennes was settled by the French

 

 and

 

 Yes "Virginia" there is a Santa Claus(It is Jay Cutler's Hometown) 

 

 My uncle taught it the Corporation that covers Santa Claus

 

 Holiday World is near Santa Claus

 

Abe Lincoln grew up very close to it

 

Great stuff. I did not know Cutler was from Indiana.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One day I want to learn about Princeton.

 

I recall when I first signed up here, before I ever got a chance to ask you, you told me you were not from NJ and the Tigers were not the Princeton University Tigers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NFLfan said:

One day I want to learn about Princeton.

 

I recall when I first signed up here, before I ever got a chance to ask you, you told me you were not from NJ and the Tigers were not the Princeton University Tigers.

Where do you want me to start

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

My Uncle had him in class 

NFLers Ken Dilger and Bruce King are also from that same area and went to Heritage Hills

 

 

 

You know everyone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • NFLfan changed the title to Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...