Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2006Coltsbestever

• NFLfan

• Jay Kirk

• PrincetonTiger

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

It is Jackie Robinson Day today. It is the 70th Anniversary of when Jackie Robinson integrated baseball. A month or so later, Larry Doby integrated the AL, playing for the Cleveland Indians.  

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Not over yet but Posey is a very good player.

Yeah, he is a very good player. He has been since he came into the league. He is hitting like .360 now. I wrote earlier that he came into this game with only 5 RBI in 87 at-bats. You would think he would have more especially since he bats clean up.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Yeah, he is a very good player. He has been since he came into the league. He is hitting like .360 now. I wrote earlier that he came into this game with only 5 RBI in 87 at-bats. You would think he would have more especially since he bats clean up.

Yes Giants had wind took out of the sails with the Baumgarner loss

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

The NL Central has a lot of young talent. The Cubs are still pretty young. 

So are the Cards other than Molina and Wainwright , Peralta only one of those a factor.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes Giants had wind took out of the sails with the Baumgarner loss

I agree. I am afraid this Harvey mess may do the same to the Mets. We already had many injuries and now they have to deal with his stuff. He won't pitch til Friday. We have call up someone from the minors to pitch in place of him on Wednesday. 

We began spring training with 7 starters; 3 are on the DL. The team misses Syndergaard. He won't be back until around the All Star Break.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I agree. I am afraid this Harvey mess may do the same to the Mets. We already had many injuries and now they have to deal with his stuff. He won't pitch til Friday. We have call up someone from the minors to pitch in place of him on Wednesday. 

We began spring training with 7 starters; 3 are on the DL. The team misses Syndergaard. He won't be back until around the All Star Break.

They will be ok don't sweat it yet.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Did I hear right hat the ordeal started last year?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It has been happening for a few years. He has always put himself above the team. That is why at the beginning of last year I wanted to trade him for a good hitter. 

I read an article today that summarized everything well. Let me see if I can find it.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I still think when its all said and done the Central will come down to the Cubs and Cards The Reds have surprised  me  future may be looking up for them.

I agree, something we actually predicted before the season. I had Cubs around 95 wins and Cards at 92 if I remember right. I would be surprised if either one of them are separated by more than 3 games at the end of the season. They both may be around more like 90 wins though but still along way to go. I think Reds and Brewers will cool off.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Quote from NY Times article:

The suspension is the latest unwanted footnote to Harvey’s career with the Mets.

After impressive performances during a late-season promotion from the minors in 2012, Harvey seemed destined for stardom in the first half of the 2013 season. That July, Harvey was named the National League’s starting pitcher for the All-Star Game at Citi Field. But his season suddenly ended one month later, when he had Tommy John surgery to repair a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow.

Harvey rebounded with a strong 2015 season, compiling a 13-8 record, with a 2.71 E.R.A., as he threw a career-high 189 ⅓ innings.

The workload became a point of contention among Harvey, his agent, Scott Boras, and the Mets’ front office. Boras publicly expressed concern that the Mets were not limiting his client’s innings  as recommended by two surgeons, including one who had repaired Harvey’s elbow.

Sunday was not the first time that Harvey’s whereabouts had caused concern for the Mets. Before the team began its 2015 National League division series against the Los Angeles Dodgers, Harvey missed a mandatory team workout at Citi Field.

(more in the article)

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/07/sports/baseball/mets-matt-harvey-suspended-3-days.html

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The suspension is the latest unwanted footnote to Harvey’s career with the Mets.

After impressive performances during a late-season promotion from the minors in 2012, Harvey seemed destined for stardom in the first half of the 2013 season. That July, Harvey was named the National League’s starting pitcher for the All-Star Game at Citi Field. But his season suddenly ended one month later, when he had Tommy John surgery to repair a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow.

Harvey rebounded with a strong 2015 season, compiling a 13-8 record, with a 2.71 E.R.A., as he threw a career-high 189 ⅓ innings.

The workload became a point of contention among Harvey, his agent, Scott Boras, and the Mets’ front office. Boras publicly expressed concern that the Mets were not limiting his client’s innings  as recommended by two surgeons, including one who had repaired Harvey’s elbow.

Sunday was not the first time that Harvey’s whereabouts had caused concern for the Mets. Before the team began its 2015 National League division series against the Los Angeles Dodgers, Harvey missed a mandatory team workout at Citi Field.

(more in the article)

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/07/sports/baseball/mets-matt-harvey-suspended-3-days.html

Thanks

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

(more in the article)

I do not like Boras

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We all know Matt Harvey is your favorite Met :sarcasm:No biggy.

I used to like him. I had a lot of high hopes for him. He started the 2013 All Star game when he was a rookie (he may have pitched too many innings in late 2012 to qualify as a rookie in 2013). I went to a game where he pitched a 1 hitter (lost the no-hitter in late innings) . That may have been in 2013. I thought we had a future star. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Game has been called. Double header tomorrow. I'm kind of glad, they could use the extra rest.

Best thing that could have happened. They need rest.

• Like 3
Just now, NFLfan said:

I used to like him. I had a lot of high hopes for him. He started the 2013 All Star game when he was a rookie (he may have pitched too many innings in late 2012 to qualify as a rookie in 2013). I went to a game where he pitched a 1 hitter (lost the no-hitter in late innings) . That may have been in 2013. I thought we had a future star. 

That is what we thought about Mark Prior

• NFLfan changed the title to Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic