Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2006Coltsbestever

• NFLfan

• Jay Kirk

• PrincetonTiger

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

I just got an anonymous call on my phone which I usually don't answer when I don't see a number I recognize. I answered it and the person said SOX and hung up.  I have no clue who it was  

It is Jackie Robinson Day today. It is the 70th Anniversary of when Jackie Robinson integrated baseball. A month or so later, Larry Doby integrated the AL, playing for the Cleveland Indians.  

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

You all stayed up for that marathon.....?  WOW.  Younger than me for sure.

It was tough, and then to lose due to:wall: an error......at least I think they did, I might have been seeing things at that point...

Yankees are a scary good team, our bullpen has known issues, but where have our bats gone? Wth is going on?

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, GOZER said:

It was tough, and then to lose due to:wall: an error......at least I think they did, I might have been seeing things at that point...

Yankees are a scary good team, our bullpen has known issues, but where have our bats gone? Wth is going on?

I am a firm believer that when the weather heats up the bats and pitching will as well.  I was a terrible hitter in the spring when cold, and I was hotter than a firecracker when it was warm/hot.

Curves hang, sliders don't always slide, and fastballs do not move as much.  Heck wasn't it 32 degrees in Chicago?  We were 33 with a hard frost.  

• Like 3
  • NFLfan changed the title to Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Sounds to me like Watson said it. 
    • Tom is a very smart person, whether it is football related decisions or off the field interests, IMO. He assessed the situation very well before going there, so it was not as big a risk as folks on the outside thought it was. Despite Winston throwing 30 INTs, the Bucs were still 7-9. He knew that team was loaded with offensive talent, he helped them add more with Gronk and AB, and had young defensive players and a good coaching staff. Eventually, Byron Leftwich got schooled with the Brady way as well on offense and once folks fell in line in unison, the situation became more and more conducive for winning, IMO.    Guys like Peyton and Tom, no matter where they go, double digit wins with their eyes closed can be predicted, IMO. History has shown that. Tom is now making his mark on a different team just like Peyton did. If Belichick was any better with drafting and/or acquiring offensive talent, Tom would still be a Patriot, IMO. 
    • Irsay certainly fed into the image of a fat-cat bullying businessman the national media loves to sell.  He was an easy Mark.   All of those hot head impulsive instances are symptomatic of an alcoholic, which he was rumored to be.  It's sad that the media would take advantage of that just to sell their narrative.  I think people like him should not have their core personality judged on actions committed while impaired.  He needed real help, as do all who have problems like that.   The issues with the stadium were not so much that it was bad, it was compounded by the fact that many other cities had much better stadiums and Baltimore or MD refused to keep up.     I'm not a proponent of using tax payer dollars to fund privately used stadiums, but I guess Baltimore finally got with the program and built a nice facility for the Baltimore Browns (sorry).    
    • I'm hoping that is what's taking place and hence the delay in announcing the trade.  But I have to say the team I'm most worried about is SF and Lynch as their GM.  He is not afraid to make bold moves and pay for them like Jimmy G.  He and Ballard are both trying to win now.  I can see Lynch upping the ante more than I can see Ballard.  We will see if it comes down to Ballard folding or not.  
    • I am curious about Chazz Surratt. I’ve have seen a little on him and he doesn’t look bad but measurables are important with our FO and he doesn’t meet those IMO. A few other good players out there that are 3 or more inches taller with a better arm length and reach. 
  • Members

• Dogg63

Dogg63 1,935

• Smoke317

Smoke317 1,144

• BillCoslosky87

BillCoslosky87 1,134

• shasta519

shasta519 2,659

• ColtsTone

ColtsTone 0

Rookie