Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Still only 1 game out of 1st so we are ok. Our road play as been bad though. 

Embarrassing loss, very lucky to be only one game out with this type of play. Only one hit tonight, and it was by Castellanos, a guy who was a Detroit Tiger two days ago! And the Cards should only get better when their injured players returning. Somethings gotta give.

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

Embarrassing loss, very lucky to be only one game out with this type of play.  And the Cards should only get better when their injured players returning. Somethings gotta give.

I agree, they haven't had Molina or Carpenter. Having said that we haven't had Hamels or Zobrist. Tonight was embarrassing, we let Jack Flaherty 1 hit us lmao . We are still in the thick of everything regarding the division and wildcards. The road play is puzzling to me, I can't put my finger on it.

On 7/31/2019 at 3:02 PM, Myles said:

Cardinals have been quiet at the trade deadline so far.  1 hour left, I think.

I'm fine with them staying put if the alternative is giving up prospects for 2 months of a player.

Lol Myles we agree on that 

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, they haven't had Molina or Carpenter. Having said that we haven't had Hamels or Zobrist. Tonight was embarrassing, we let Jack Flaherty 1 hit us lmao . We are still in the thick of everything regarding the division and wildcards. The road play is puzzling to me, I can't put my finger on it.

Hozer nothing to be embarrassed about Flaherty has been on it the last month , pitching the way I expected with dominant stuff. He and Hudson are emerging as the aces of the staff . There was something in Jacks mechanics that was slightly off they figured it out. He has command inside and out. As long as he continues like that he has the stuff to embarrass any line up. They took him out earlier than they should against the Astros , or I believe they would've been in the same boat . The Cards have a very good pen and have Hensley stretching out in the minors for a starting role. They are going for it , if they survive this road trip in good shape this will really be a Dog Fight down the stretch. I fully expect both of our clubs in the playoffs. By the way my prediction is the Astros will be very hard for anyone to stop . To me they are the best in the league bar none. To me the Yankees are good but not in the same ballpark with the Stros.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I personally think Carp is done , and if so im good with that , unless he goes clean back to his earlier days spraying the ball all over the park. He doest have to hit 30 plus homers , and to me we are much better on D without him.

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No hitter for Jack Gooden through the top of 4th lmao .  Jack hasn't won a game in his last 12 starts but against us he is HOFame material. Baseball is funny sometimes. 

Look above my reply to Hozer. Jacks game was not a fluke . Lol I'm sure a few teams may figure that out. All though he hasn't won that many games it doesn't tell the whole story. The pen lost some games for him and blew some before they tightened up . You all just got a taste of how dominant he can be. I believe they won 4 of his last 5 no decisions , however he put them in position to win those games .

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Are you a Rays fan. Very cool if so. They are in the wildcard hunt.

I am. I was pretty ticked off over the whole "let's split time between St.Pete and Montreal" deal but I'm over it now. I've kind of always thought they would leave town some day because attendance is brutal. Either way I'm glad they are still in the hunt. They made a bunch of moves at the deadline to make that post season push. Hope for the best but expect the worst!

5 minutes ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

I am. I was pretty ticked off over the whole "let's split time between St.Pete and Montreal" deal but I'm over it now. I've kind of always thought they would leave town some day because attendance is brutal. Either way I'm glad they are still in the hunt. They made a bunch of moves at the deadline to make that post season push. Hope for the best but expect the worst!

This is a awesome thread, I hope you post here more. A lot of good guys here and gals. I have been a Cubs fan since 1984 and when Jay started this thread 4 years ago it was great. Everybody here respects each others teams and yeah even me likes Cards fans lmao . The Rays are good this year.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is a awesome thread, I hope you post here more. A lot of good guys here and gals. I have been a Cubs fan since 1984 and when Jay started this thread 4 years ago it was great. Everybody here respects each others teams and yeah even me likes Cards fans lmao . The Rays are good this year.

I like the thread to, although I wish the "Red Sox" name wasn't in the title.   I despise the Red Sox.  

22 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Tied up again for first!!!!!! If Cards lose tonight, the Cubs are back in first!!!! Unfortunately Contreras got hurt, possible hamstring issue.:Cry:

4F057BFA-19A5-433C-9DBB-07EB5AE91869.thumb.jpeg.c226553f26f1b8965ce2e4102da246ac.jpeg

Yeah tied for 1st again in the NL Central, we are 59-51 through 110 games. Cards are 58-50 through 108 games. Glad to see us getting some separation from the Brewers who fall to 57-55. We are 3 games ahead of them now. Hopefully Contreras will not be out long, great to see Cole Hamels back and he looked fantastic today vs the BrewCrew. Kimbrel did his job as well with another save.  

I feel really bad for Contreras, total bummer that he’s hurt. He was  taken out by a hamstring last year too. They can be a real you know what, I’ve pulled one in each leg.....with the second one happening as the first was close to healing....yeah I know, should have listened to the therapist, lol.... All good now, as long as I am religious with my stretches.

Seems fitting the way this season has gone that the day they get one key member of the team back, another key member goes down. Ugh. Runners will definitely be taking off now that they don’t have to fear getting mowed down by Contreras, one of the best in the game. And his bat will be missed. It’ll be up to Caratini and possibly Taylor Davis since they traded away Maldonado to the Astros.  Hoping Contreras can make a quick recovery and be back with the team soon although a long recovery is probably what he needs to make sure it is heals.:Cry:

53 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I feel really bad for Contreras, total bummer that he’s hurt. He was  taken out by a hamstring last year too. They can be a real you know what, I’ve pulled one in each leg.....with the second one happening as the first was close to healing....yeah I know, should have listened to the therapist, lol.... All good now, as long as I am religious with my stretches.

Seems fitting the way this season has gone that the day they get one key member of the team back, another key member goes down. Ugh. Runners will definitely be taking off now that they don’t have to fear getting mowed down by Contreras, one of the best in the game. And his bat will be missed. It’ll be up to Caratini and possibly Taylor Davis since they traded away Maldonado to the Astros.  Hoping Contreras can make a quick recovery and be back with the team soon although a long recovery is probably what he needs to make sure it is heals.:Cry:

I like Caratini but I agree he isn't the player that Contreras is. Hopefully Contreras will be ok in a couple of weeks. It is great to have Hamels back.

Great game today by the Cubs! Heyward starts the scoring with a lead off first pitch homerun!!! Schwarber also with a long bomb...A lot of excellent base hitting and smart running! Love it! Really liking the acquisition of Castellanos, he is an aggressive runner and makes contact just about every time at bat. Now let’s get some road series wins!!!! Well, after the next three home games against the A’s, one of which I will be in attendance for!!!!

Cho3LNgU4AA4a5K.jpg:large

Darvish also pitched another good one, pretty impressive stuff, I hope he keeps it up, I will gladly eat crow on what I’ve said about him. He’s quickly gaining fans in Chicago, it sounded like he was getting booed, but they were yelling Yuuuuuuu, lol!

Over five innings, Darvish piled up eight strikeouts with his lone blemish being a first-inning home run allowed to Christian Yelich, who now leads the Majors with 37 dingers. Darvish also issued zero walks, upping the rotation's walk-free streak to 143 batters in a row, dating back to July 28. 

According to the team, Cubs starters have now gone six games in a row without a walk issued for the first time since at least 1905.:rock:

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

Cards lost too(Sorry Jay), which means the Cubs now have a 1.5 game lead! I’ll take it!

I had to meet some relatives for dinner so I missed the last 3 innings. I am here now and Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu pitched a great game. He got a win at Wrigley :thmup:. Cards lost as well, so the Cubs are now at 60-51 and Cards are now at 58-52. We have a 1.5 game lead in the NL Central and the sweep of the Brewers (who fall to 57-56) puts us 4 ahead of them. Brewers fans talked so much junk last season and at the beginning of this season, so glad to see them struggle.

robin williams dancing GIF by STARZ

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

The Mets are playing pretty well. They may go over 500 if they win today. It is so much fun when your team is winning, regardless of the opponent. The crowd is so energized. 

LGM! (Let's Go, Mets)

Mets are on fire and with a win will only be 2 games out of a wildcard. Happ just hit a moon shot in the bottom of the 7th, Cubs lead the A's 4-2. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Mets are on fire and with a win will only be 2 games out of a wildcard. Happ just hit a moon shot in the bottom of the 7th, Cubs lead the A's 4-2. 

6-2 as Baez hits his second homerun of the game and brings in Castellanos!!! 

6 minutes ago, HOZER said:

6-2 as Baez hits his second homerun of the game and brings in Castellanos!!! 

The A's have been playing great lately too. We are just a machine at home. Imposing our will baby! Cards are already losing 3-0 to LA, Bellinger hit a 3 run HR. If they lose and we win, we will be 2.5 games ahead in the NL Central.

Archived