Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Myles said:

Cardinals have been quiet at the trade deadline so far.  1 hour left, I think.

I'm fine with them staying put if the alternative is giving up prospects for 2 months of a player.

That is why I have the moves the Cubs have made

Getting Derek Holland for Cash David Phelps for Tom Hatch and  Tony Kemp for Mike Montgomery(Martin Maldonado) not to mention signing Craig Kimbrel 

44 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Cubs just made a splash

Get Nick Castellanos from Detroit for Paul Richan and Alex Lange

Thanks for the update. I have to be honest, I know nothing about any of those 3. Cards look like they are staying pat, I don't blame them. They are the best team in the division as of now in the division. 

Cubs make another move before the deadline....Carl Edwards Jr. Traded to Padres for LHP Brad Wieck. It’s to bad Edwards couldn’t get it together after his injuries, maybe a change of scenery will help him out.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks for the update. I have to be honest, I know nothing about any of those 3. Cards look like they are staying pat, I don't blame them. They are the best team in the division as of now in the division. 

That is the advantage of being a stat guy

a one game lead means nothing especially when the two teams made moves

The Cards are not the Yankees or Dodgers

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Struck him out! Cubs win 2-0. Kimbrel closes. Order has been restored and the Cubs and Cards are both tied for 1st in the NL Central once again at 57-50. Fly the flag Hozer.

4F057BFA-19A5-433C-9DBB-07EB5AE91869.thumb.jpeg.c226553f26f1b8965ce2e4102da246ac.jpeg

Heading into August 1st, both the Cubs and Cards are 57-50 tied for 1st in the NL Central. If we can keep it within a game or 2 until Hamels and Zobrist gets back, who knows what may happen. We are missing 2 very important players right now. I trust Hamels as much as I do Lester or Hendricks. That is how important he is. Zobrist is a veteran leader that knows how to win. August baseball is here now folks, buckle up and get ready.

6-0 Cards. We won 1 game of the 3 so I will take it since it was there. Only 1 game out of 1st place still. Matt (Johnny Bench) Weiters hit a 3 run HR haha . He has only hit 8 HR's all year. Typical series but we did win 1 so it's all good. I guess we got stinky Jonny instead of good Jonny tonight. 

Hey we do have 1 hit at least against a guy that wasn't won since May :funny:

We should never lose when Jon Lester is pitching against Jack Flaherty is why I am making sarcastic posts. All in all I thought we would only 1 game of the 3. I am ok with that, I just didn't want to get swept and be 3 back. Usually if they play at Wrigley we win 2 of 3 and they do the same at St. Louis. I thought maybe we could turn the tide but NAH lmao 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.