Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I am not sure when he is coming back either. 

Hes slated to pitch another game for Iowa tonight I believe, could be back next week.

I am visiting family in San Antonio, who have baseball team, the San Antonio Missions, who are a triple A affiliate of the Brewers. Coincidentally, the Iowa Cubs played against them last Tues-Thursday. I was going to try to make the Thursday game but didn’t get back in town on time. Would have been neat to see the Cubs up and comers, but maybe next time. 

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

All I can do is laugh at this point. Hiura homers to win the game, what a joke haha . Our bullpen sucks.

I agree brother. I’m going to have to start tuning out the games while on vacation, putting me in a pretty bad mood lately. Barf. Maybe someday we’ll also get some batters going?!?

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

I agree brother. I’m going to have to start tuning out the games while on vacation, putting me in a pretty bad mood lately. Barf. Maybe someday we’ll also get some batters going?!?

We can't close games out on the road for some reason. If we had a 3 run lead heading to the 8th, I would not trust our bullpen. This is a pretty bad loss, they all are at this point of the season. I was in a good mood until this crap happened. 

8 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Take a deep breath my friends , you cant win them all. Where would the fun be in it. Life goes on even if we lose .

I hear you brother, it is the way we are losing that bothers me. We have had the lead 8 times heading to the 8th inning this season on the road where we have blown games. Just go 4-4 in those games and we are sitting pretty. All in all we are just 1 game behind the Cards and tied with the Brewers so still a ways to go. I do not trust our bullpen at all right now though.

Fly the flag Hozer we are tied for 1st place in the NL Central again. Standings heading into July 29th are:

Cubs 56-49

Cards 56-49

Brewers 56-51 (1 back)

Reds 48-55 (7 back)

Pirates 46-59 (10 back)

-We start a 3 game series at St Louis on Tuesday. Let the fun begin. It is crunch time now. 57 games left and August is upon us. 

-Following these games today felt like watching playoff games. Teams playing hard and positioning themselves for the final stretch run. Fun stuff.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fly the flag Hozer we are tied for 1st place in the NL Central again. Standings heading into July 29th are:

Cubs 56-49

Cards 56-49

Brewers 56-51 (1 back)

Reds 48-55 (7 back)

Pirates 46-59 (10 back)

-We start a 3 game series at St Louis on Tuesday. Let the fun begin. It is crunch time now. 57 games left and August is upon us. 

-Following these games today felt like watching playoff games. Teams playing hard and positioning themselves for the final stretch run. Fun stuff.

Didn’t watch or listen earlier, just now got caught up on the game, glad they got the win! Crucial series coming up!

GoCubsGo!!!!

4F057BFA-19A5-433C-9DBB-07EB5AE91869.thumb.jpeg.c226553f26f1b8965ce2e4102da246ac.jpeg

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs 56-49

Cards 56-49

Brewers 56-51 (1 back)

Reds 48-55 (7 back)

Pirates 46-59 (10 back)

Pretty cool you have to admit. 

3 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Cardinals v. Cubs this week in a very meaningful series for both teams.  Going to be fun!

Yeah it is pretty cool that both teams have the same record up to this point. This series will take us into August. I am hoping the Cubs can win at least 1 of these games since it is in St Louis so at worse they will only be 1 game behind after Thursday. 

Lots of doom and gloom on the Colts forums, my word!  Never good to hear your starting quarterback is nursing an injury but you have to let things play out, like @PrincetonTigersays....”everything will be OK.”

Getting pumped for tonight’s Cubs/Cards game, hoping for a good one and not a blowout in either direction(ok that’s a lie, I’d be fine if the Cubs blew them out,  but I doubt that will happen.) Darvish is pitching, hopefully the good Yu and not the bad Yu. Robel Garcia leading off with Heyward batting second, I like it!

Looks like the Cubs  made some moves. Strop to the 10 day IL with neck tightness (not happy if he’s hurt but won’t miss him)and they signed RHP Phelps from the Blue Jays. Don’t know Much about him other than he has an injury history. Are there any more trades left before the deadline???

39 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Lots of doom and gloom on the Colts forums, my word!  Never good to hear your starting quarterback is nursing an injury but you have to let things play out, like @PrincetonTigersays....”everything will be OK.”

Getting pumped for tonight’s Cubs/Cards game, hoping for a good one and not a blowout in either direction(ok that’s a lie, I’d be fine if the Cubs blew them out,  but I doubt that will happen.) Darvish is pitching, hopefully the good Yu and not the bad Yu. Robel Garcia leading off with Heyward batting second, I like it!

Looks like the Cubs  made some moves. Strop to the 10 day IL with neck tightness (not happy if he’s hurt but won’t miss him)and they signed RHP Phelps from the Blue Jays. Don’t know Much about him other than he has an injury history. Are there any more trades left before the deadline???

Yeah some of the posts about Luck on here were really mind boggling. Like calling him soft, a liar, and stupid. That is really uncalled for. He has given us 4 seasons so far where he has been very good to great. You would think after last season, people would learn to have patience and let things play out. Some just do not appreciate Luck and never will but we win a SB they will be the 1st in line to jump around and celebrate. 

Regarding the game tonight, so far 0-0 through 2 innings. I would love for the Cubs to win game 1. That would put all the pressure on the Cards being at home to win the last 2. 

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

Phelps is a ND grad and was a starter with the Yankees 

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

Kind of post season nerves feel to this one lol

Yeah these games are usually 1 run games between these 2 teams as you know. Kyle had bases loaded in the 6th but did not come through. Cubs are in trouble now. Both teams pitching has been solid. Yu has only given up 2 runs, I will take that anyday.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah these games are usually 1 run games between these 2 teams as you know. Kyle had bases loaded in the 6th but did not come through. Cubs are in trouble now. Both teams pitching has been solid. Yu has only given up 2 runs, I will take that anyday.

Yes so would I , both starters did a nice job

Archived