Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

Kris Bryant said he's playing Friday. I just seen a post game interview with him. He just has slight knee soreness due to his cleat getting caught in the turf during batting practice, nothing major. It was bothering him a little before today's game and he still homered. Maddon may choose to rest him as a precaution but Bryant says he will be ready to play. 

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Cardinals win again to sweep series against the Pirates.

fa7fd1cffc2cfa408c9a7574537670d9--cardinals-win-cardinals-baseball.jpg

It comes down to the last 60 games/2 months of the season as @Jay Kirk always says it does. Cubs and Cards are both 55-47 and tied for the NL Central lead. Cards have a very talented team and I actually picked them to win the NL Central before the season started as Jay knows. I had the Cubs as a Wildcard. I thought the Cards won the off season coming in is why I made those predictions. Having said that, Cards are like the Cubs as in, for 2 weeks they catch fire and hardly lose, then they struggle for a week or so. It will be interesting to see if the Cards can stay this hot for the next 2 or 3 weeks.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It comes down to the last 60 games/2 months of the season as @Jay Kirk always says it does. Cubs and Cards are both 55-47 and tied for the NL Central lead. Cards have a very talented team and I actually picked them to win the NL Central before the season started as Jay knows. I had the Cubs as a Wildcard. I thought the Cards won the off season coming in is why I made those predictions. Having said that, Cards are like the Cubs as in, for 2 weeks they catch fire and hardly lose, then they struggle for a week or so. It will be interesting to see if the Cards can stay this hot for the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Agreed Brother I definitely think both teams make the cut and Brewers are still in the hunt. This can very well shape up as we predicted it might.

By the way Goldy homers for forth day in a row. The Goldy they traded for is starting to emerge. Paul Dejong launched 3 homers and a double today , red hot but they are not alone Munoz and Wong are hot as well. We play the Astros in St Louis this weekend . We will see how that goes.

7 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

By the way Goldy homers for forth day in a row. The Goldy they traded for is starting to emerge. Paul Dejong launched 3 homers and a double today , red hot but they are not alone Munoz and Wong are hot as well. We play the Astros in St Louis this weekend . We will see how that goes.

There is a little bad blood between the two organizations, I believe. You should see some good baseball this weekend.

One of my favorite Mets is being shopped around. Noah Syndergaard -- Thor -- has not been happy with Mets management. The rumor is that the Mets are trying to shop him and re-sign Wheeler who everyone thought would be traded. Wheeler just comes in and does his job. Thor speaks out. Management. 

I'd rather keep Thor but if the front office people feel they can't re-sign him, then go ahead and get the best prospects possible. The Mets surely won't make the playoffs. 

As a Reds fan I officially throw in the towel. Just too far back .too many tea,s to climb over for the wild card. They might, and probably will, get hot and get kind of close, but then they will lose a few in a row again. I think they should sell soon. Alex Wood pitches for the first time Sunday. It will be his only start before the break.

Cubs fans will enjoy Derek Holland's interviews. He does impressions and is hilarious.

I think Goldy is Goldy again

4 hours ago, hippiejohn said:

As a Reds fan I officially throw in the towel. Just too far back .too many tea,s to climb over for the wild card. They might, and probably will, get hot and get kind of close, but then they will lose a few in a row again. I think they should sell soon. Alex Wood pitches for the first time Sunday. It will be his only start before the break.

Cubs fans will enjoy Derek Holland's interviews. He does impressions and is hilarious.

I think Goldy is Goldy again

Yes it looks like Goldy is back Homered 5 straight games including last night as the Cards take sole possession of first place on the back of his three run shot . First time this late in the year for a few years. However that could change quickly playing the schedule they have the next two weeks. Or even tonight for that matter. I hope the Reds do not get crazy in sell mode . I think as we talked the other night I think they are just a couple or three pieces away.

9 hours ago, HOZER said:

Strop is trash, That is all.

Ok now that I’ve cooled off a bit......Strop AND our bullpen are trash. They’re trying to put some of the blame on the Umpires strike zone, which very well may have been bad too, but c’mon! You hit four batters!!! 

Offense didn’t do crap until the sixth inning, so they can definitely take some of the blame. Very frustrating play, and with the Cardinals on fire, Cubs cannot afford to take many more games off!

Good news is Zobrist starts back in minors next week, could be back by August! Hopefully it’s not too late by then.

GoCubsGo!

28 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Ok now that I’ve cooled off a bit......Strop AND our bullpen are trash. They’re trying to put some of the blame on the Umpires strike zone, which very well may have been bad too, but c’mon! You hit four batters!!! 

Offense didn’t do crap until the sixth inning, so they can definitely take some of the blame. Very frustrating play, and with the Cardinals on fire, Cubs cannot afford to take many more games off!

Good news is Zobrist starts back in minors next week, could be back by August! Hopefully it’s not too late by then.

GoCubsGo!

We have given away at least 7 or 8 games this season because of our Bullpen. It has been a problem all season. Last night's loss was very annoying. 

3 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes it looks like Goldy is back Homered 5 straight games including last night as the Cards take sole possession of first place on the back of his three run shot . First time this late in the year for a few years. However that could change quickly playing the schedule they have the next two weeks. Or even tonight for that matter. I hope the Reds do not get crazy in sell mode . I think as we talked the other night I think they are just a couple or three pieces away.

What's up brother, looks like the Cards are in 1st place again. They are on fire! Cubs blew one last night.

42 minutes ago, HOZER said:

GoCubsGo!

Lol I hear you Brother , I have seen umpires squeezing the plate on certain pitchers. They did it to Andrew Miller last night , ended up costing a run but he finished them anyway. pitch tracker clearly showed strikes. Its been going on all year.  I think the ball is juiced , to many very good pitchers struggling . Culprit ? HR on all of them batting avg not much different but ERA is do to long ball.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What's up brother, looks like the Cards are in 1st place again. They are on fire! Cubs blew one last night.

Yes far from over but I really like both chances to make the playoffs . Brewers can to , the central wiped out wild card adantages over last week  or so.

5 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes far from over but I really like both chances to make the playoffs . Brewers can to , the central wiped out wild card adantages over last week  or so.

That was one of my bold predictions before the season. I had all 3 = Cards, Cubs, and Brewers making the playoffs. I had Dodgers and Braves as well. I am right on cue.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That was one of my bold predictions before the season. I had all 3 = Cards, Cubs, and Brewers making the playoffs. I had Dodgers and Braves as well. I am right on cue.

Yes we both pretty much agreed on this , Im maybe a little different idea for the east , but I think its all lining up. Knew Braves would be good , but not that good.

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes we both pretty much agreed on this , Im maybe a little different idea for the east , but I think its all lining up. Knew Braves would be good , but not that good.

The Nats are actually surprising, I was never sold on the Phillies is why I picked Atlanta to win the East. The Harper hype didn't reel me in. It isn't over yet though.

Cards are solid all the way across for once

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Cards are solid all the way across for once

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Over the last 5 seasons we have been a good road team, I am not sure why we stink on the road this season? Our home record is 36-18 but only 19-30 on the road.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was really surprised it took them this long to get rolling. I had them winning 95 games this year.

Ozuna going out did not help , he was piling up RBIs , now Goldy and Dejong are . Get three together look out.

Archived