Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?


Recommended Posts

Just now, HOZER said:

Only one series.....only one series.........only one series.......

 

Its going to be a long season if we do t shore up our pitching/bullpen. gross season 44 GIF by Saturday Night Live

Yeah it's real early and I already promised myself I wouldn't let losses bother me in April or May but our division is so good that we need to beat teams like the Rangers. I had us winning 2 of 3 here but we lost 2 of 3. jack nicholson yes GIF  On to Atlanta.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Looks like the Cubs did not get off the plane in Atlanta and are still asleep. 4-0 Braves already. Cubs playing very sloppy so far and Hendricks has no control early. michael scott no GIF

 

I love that gif. One of my favorites.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dreadful evening for my Cubs. Lose 8-0 to the Braves. Now 1-3 on the season. Very early in the season so no reason to panic. For fun I added up what the Cubs W/L record was for the whole decade so far (2010-2018) and they have a winning record despite struggling from 2010-2014. It has been a very successful decade as a whole so far. The best in Cubs history since integration took place in the 1947 Season. 

 

-Cubs have a W/L record of 738-720 (50.6%) for the decade so far. 

 

-Playoff record of 19-18 (51.4%) and 4 Playoff appearances in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.

 

-1 World Series Championship in 2016.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even if for some odd reason the Cubs have a bad season, I will still post in here and watch a lot of games. I am not a fairweather Cubs fan and have been through the bad and good with this team since becoming a fan in 1984. The last 4 seasons they have given me as a fan is priceless. I am a diehard fan until the day I die even if they go 70-92. I have been a Cubs fan as long as I have been a Colts fan.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm on board.   I hope they do go 70-92.  :thmup:

 

The Cardinals haven't started much better.    They are averaging 12 strikeouts a game through 5 games.   That seems like it should be close to a record of some sorts.    

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm on board.   I hope they do go 70-92.  :thmup:

 

The Cardinals haven't started much better.    They are averaging 12 strikeouts a game through 5 games.   That seems like it should be close to a record of some sorts.    

So far I do not like the Cubs vibe but it is so early in the season it is hard to tell what will happen. It looks like the Brewers are for real unfortunately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Even if for some odd reason the Cubs have a bad season, I will still post in here and watch a lot of games. I am not a fairweather Cubs fan and have been through the bad and good with this team since becoming a fan in 1984. The last 4 seasons they have given me as a fan is priceless. I am a diehard fan until the day I die even if they go 70-92. I have been a Cubs fan as long as I have been a Colts fan.

Amen brother. They’ve hit rough patches in the last few years but have persevered, I’m not worried. If it turns out to be a bad year then it is what it is,  I’m not going anywhere. Same goes for my Colts!!!! GoCubsGo!!!! GoColtsGo!!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, HOZER said:

Amen brother. They’ve hit rough patches in the last few years but have persevered, I’m not worried. If it turns out to be a bad year then it is what it is,  I’m not going anywhere. Same goes for my Colts!!!! GoCubsGo!!!! GoColtsGo!!!!

It is still basketball season in TigerTown so I am not focused on the Cubs and since I live out of market I rarely watch games

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Myles said:

I'm on board.   I hope they do go 70-92.  :thmup:

 

The Cardinals haven't started much better.    They are averaging 12 strikeouts a game through 5 games.   That seems like it should be close to a record of some sorts.    

Yes they have , but let me ask the average runs they are putting up ? They will be fine, the pitching will fine tune . They have not even been close to being shutout can you say the same thing this time last year ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cubs do not have a legit closer = huge problem. When we won the WS we had Chapman, in 2017 we had Wade Davis. Strop was ok last season but seems to have lost his touch now. Now we have doodoo :funny:. It is what it is, we have won more games over the last 4 years than any other team and won a WS in 2016 so bad stretches happen. I am not in panic mode or anything because it is April 3rd :funny: but I am watching some bad pitching right now going on in Cubs land.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes they have , but let me ask the average runs they are putting up ? They will be fine, the pitching will fine tune . They have not even been close to being shutout can you say the same thing this time last year ?

I'm pretty happy with 3-3 with the poor pitching and poor hitting.   The hitting has been timely though.  

Looking at the current batting averages, it's fortunate to be 3-3.    Don't get me wrong, they will come around.   Molina will hit better than .083.  

 

image.thumb.png.747cdb8569d389609185166d7ad234d7.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was talking to a Whitesox fan at work last night and he like many have was mocking the Cubs for not winning it all in 108 years. Whitesox actually went 88 years without winning it all themselves (1917-2005) and haven't won it all since 2005 :funny:. That is almost as bad. At least the Cubs just won the WS in 2016 which is real recent history. Recent history is considered the last 5 years in any sport. Cubs and Whitesox both have 3 WS wins as well if you go by when the MLB started back in 1903. Cubs won the most recent one though in 2016. Whitesox don't have jack on the Cubs as a franchise. kris bryant wink GIF by NBC Sports Chicago

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@NorthernBlue and his team shut out my team in the Mets home opener today. :( 

 

Looks like it was a good pitching matchup between Stras and Thor (Noah Syndergaard). Thor gave up his first hit in the 6th, which was a HR. The Nats also manufactured a run without a hit earlier in the game. Stras gave up no runs.

 

Anyway, can't complain too much with their 5-2 record. Their hitting has been much improved, today notwithstanding.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • NFLfan changed the title to Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic
  • NFLfan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...