Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win, 12-4. Not much to complain about today. Lester looked great, MVP looks healthy and homered, and Baez hit 2 HR's. Very solid opening day for the Cubs.

Bro? You forgot something??????

I gotchu bro.......

IMG_0126.thumb.JPG.92f922c8ef84825f6feb3288b519842a.JPG

And while I’m at it.....

BOILER THE $&#* UP!!!!!! Elite 8 baby!!!!!

usatsi_7695551.jpg?w=1200

5 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I gotchu bro.......

And while I’m at it.....

I gotchu bro.......

And while I’m at it.....

Yeah I didn't say fly the flag Hozer oh brother no GIF by Preity G  Zinta

Good morning, Folks

Hope you're all doing well. Congrats to Jay and his Cards for defeating the Brew Crew yesterday. Goldschmidt hit 3 HRs. 

Looking forward to watching my first Mets  game of the year today. The Mets are playing the Nats. Thor vs Stras. It should be a good game.

Enjoy your weekend. 

new york mets sport GIF by MLB

On 3/25/2019 at 11:36 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think the Cubs will be a playoff team. They will beat the computers :funny: and win way more than 79 games. I have them winning 90 at worse.

79 is a very low prediction in my opinion.

On 3/28/2019 at 4:49 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Jay Kirk, Cards just lost 5-4 to the pesky BrewCrew.  

Yes a very competitive game Caine saved it for the Brewers pulling one back into the park. Not so good for Brew Crew night two , Goldy lit them up on a 4 for 5 night with 3 homers . Brewers walked him intentionally in 9th to keep him from having a chance at history in that ballpark. Even the Brewers fans booed at the move by council. Many of them had stuck around to see his at bat. They left soon as they walked him.  

5 hours ago, Myles said:

Hudson make his first start for the Cardinals tonight.   I hope this rookie proves he is worth it.  

Its a wise move in that ballpark. He induces a very high % of groundballs. Yes a tough game to start with but I believe he is up to the challenge.

7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Good morning, Folks

Hope you're all doing well. Congrats to Jay and his Cards for defeating the Brew Crew yesterday. Goldschmidt hit 3 HRs. 

Looking forward to watching my first Mets  game of the year today. The Mets are playing the Nats. Thor vs Stras. It should be a good game.

Enjoy your weekend. 

new york mets sport GIF by MLB

Thanks NFL I appreciate Goldy even more after watching him. Hes a great all around player. He makes pitchers work and if they make a mistake he doesn't miss. The 3 homers were all no doubters . Well out of the park. 

I have had to watch on dvr on both games , taking care of things at home. Not the opening weekend I had planned but will take it. Beats being at work and getting to spend time with my wife is a plus. Looking into taking her to St Louis for a game. Even though she cant see it , she definitely can take in the atmosphere , she's a huge Molina fan. Lol plan was to watch Cubs Cards and Reds all three , junkie .

10 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I have had to watch on dvr on both games , taking care of things at home. Not the opening weekend I had planned but will take it. Beats being at work and getting to spend time with my wife is a plus. Looking into taking her to St Louis for a game. Even though she cant see it , she definitely can take in the atmosphere , she's a huge Molina fan. Lol plan was to watch Cubs Cards and Reds all three , junkie .

Glad that you get to spend this opening weekend with your family. I think acquiring Goldschmidt was one of the best moves of the offseason. Extending him and extending deGrom were also good moves by the Cards and the Mets. 

Enjoy the games this weekend. 

On 3/27/2019 at 4:32 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Mike Trout is a great player but how great is he? Does he deserve the contract he got? He has been in the league 8 years and his teams have never won a playoff series or a game in the playoffs. He has a lifetime batting avg of .307.

Off the top of my head these players were better all-time in my lifetime:

Barry Bonds

Mike Schmidt

Tony Gwynn

Rickey Henderson

Pete Rose

Derek Jeter

Alex (AROD)

Ken Griffey JR

Albert Pujols

Cal Ripken JR

Wade Boggs - he even once drink 30 beers on an airplane lmao 

*Pitching wise - Roger Clemens, Greg Maddux, Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, and Mariano Rivera were all more impactful and have rings playing a huge role. 

-I can make a strong argument that Mookie Betts is better now in today's league.

-I am not saying Kris Bryant is better than Mike Trout but he does have a ring and an MVP already in only 4 years played. 

I have to say Trout is probably the best Player in the League right now in my opinion with Goldschmidt running a close second , did not realize just how good he is till watching him on a regular basis in spring and these first two games. Its not just hitting he is a gold glover and a very good base runner as well. They are all great players some in different eras so its really difficult to stack them against one another.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Glad that you get to spend this opening weekend with your family. I think acquiring Goldschmidt was one of the best moves of the offseason. Extending him and extending deGrom were also good moves by the Cards and the Mets. 

Enjoy the games this weekend. 

I am fighting to get intermintant FMLA right now been stressful . So we have been doing some running.

8 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I am fighting to get intermintant FMLA right now been stressful . So we have been doing some running.

Why do you have to fight to get it? It is your right as an employee if your job has more than 50 employees. I hope you get it. 

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Why do you have to fight to get it? It is your right as an employee if your job has more than 50 employees. I hope you get it. 

They have it set up through the Hartford , more getting a run around . If it doesn't get resolved really soon my blind disabled wife will be getting a lawyer to file against them for damages . She is not going to play their games. By the way around 800 employees

1 hour ago, Jay Kirk said:

They have it set up through the Hartford , more getting a run around . If it doesn't get resolved really soon my blind disabled wife will be getting a lawyer to file against them for damages . She is not going to play their games. By the way around 800 employees

Hopefully she won't need an attorney. All the best with that. 

2 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes a very competitive game Caine saved it for the Brewers pulling one back into the park. Not so good for Brew Crew night two , Goldy lit them up on a 4 for 5 night with 3 homers . Brewers walked him intentionally in 9th to keep him from having a chance at history in that ballpark. Even the Brewers fans booed at the move by council. Many of them had stuck around to see his at bat. They left soon as they walked him.  

Yeah nice win last night by the Cards. Way to even the series up :thmup:. Goldschmidt was a great pickup for you guys. 

I work with Jay Kirk.  Some empoyers aren't really human. Just sayin'. they make you jump through hoops and then force their company meat (poorly cut steak) down your throat once a year to show their "appreciation". but it does pay pretty decent....I am drifting off topic....

In the Cardinal game Saturday, I saw a highlight of Goldy punching a ball through a hole in the left side of the infield. a really slow roller. I thought it looked like he wass taking what t they were offering and going with it instead of working on his launch angle. I was damn impressed with that at bat.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Looks like Yu stunk it up but the bullpen did have a lead and lit it slip. 

:thmdown:  What happened?

The Mets bullpen almost gave up an 11-4 lead. It seemed like a day that we would not need to bring in the closer, Diaz. But sure enough, he came in after the bullpen gave up 4 runs in the 9th. Diaz made it look easy. 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

:thmdown:  What happened?

The Mets bullpen almost gave up an 11-4 lead. It seemed like a day that we would not need to bring in the closer, Diaz. But sure enough, he came in after the bullpen gave up 4 runs in the 9th. Diaz made it look easy. 

Yu walked 7 guys and then the bullpen gave up a lead late. 

And now a bad day for my teams:Cry: Purdue loses in OT, and Cubs go down as well. It was a great game, proud of the Boilers to have made it that far after everyone had counted them out, it was fun to watch. 

Yu better work on his confidence some more, he could not find the plate last night.

Archived