Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Report: Mets and Jacob deGrom agree to five-year contract extension

Link: Mets Extend deGrom  :scoregood:

:yahoo::excited:

The Cubs make a counter move by signing Kyle Hendricks to a 4 year plus a vesting option http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26365496/cubs-starter-hendricks-gets-4-year-extension

Less than 48 hours till opening day for the remaining 28 clubs!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

@NFLfan I am officially going to Toronto May 19-23 with Blue Jays game against the Red Sox one of the days

That should be a lot of fun. Let me know how you like the stadium. Enjoy.

Will anyone be watching the games live or in real time on Thursday?

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

That should be a lot of fun. Let me know how you like the stadium. Enjoy.

Will anyone be watching the games live or in real time on Thursday?

Will do, Just got the tickets, left field foul line. May 20 1:07 vs the Red Sox.

I will be watching the beginning part of the Cubs game, but have class at 4 which I am leaving early to go to a dinner. Will watch weekend games for sure

• Like 1

Mike Trout is a great player but how great is he? Does he deserve the contract he got? He has been in the league 8 years and his teams have never won a playoff series or a game in the playoffs. He has a lifetime batting avg of .307.

Off the top of my head these players were better all-time in my lifetime:

Barry Bonds

Mike Schmidt

Tony Gwynn

Rickey Henderson

Pete Rose

Derek Jeter

Alex (AROD)

Ken Griffey JR

Albert Pujols

Cal Ripken JR

Wade Boggs - he even once drink 30 beers on an airplane lmao 

*Pitching wise - Roger Clemens, Greg Maddux, Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, and Mariano Rivera were all more impactful and have rings playing a huge role. 

-I can make a strong argument that Mookie Betts is better now in today's league.

-I am not saying Kris Bryant is better than Mike Trout but he does have a ring and an MVP already in only 4 years played. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Mike Trout is a great player but how great is he? Does he deserve the contract he got? He has been in the league 8 years and his teams have never won a playoff series or a game in the playoffs. He has a lifetime batting avg of .307.

Off the top of my head these players were better all-time in my lifetime:

Barry Bonds

Mike Schmidt

Tony Gwynn

Rickey Henderson

Pete Rose

Derek Jeter

Alex (AROD)

Ken Griffey JR

Albert Pujols

Cal Ripken JR

Wade Boggs - he even once drink 30 beers on an airplane lmao 

*Pitching wise - Roger Clemens, Greg Maddux, Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, and Mariano Rivera were all more impactful and have rings playing a huge role. 

-I can make a strong argument that Mookie Betts is better now in today's league.

-I am not saying Kris Bryant is better than Mike Trout but he does have a ring and an MVP already in only 4 years played. 

I have a hard time adding Bonds, ARod, Clemens. And as you pointed out in the other thread a lot of these guys are before my time except. Rivera, ARod, Bonds, Jeter, Red's Griffey, Pujols. To me Henderson is still remembered as a speed guy, Ripken as a iron man, Boggs is only remembered for my generation for that story, Maddux, Johnson, Pedro I completely agree on them being ranked high. Jeter, I am mixed. Gwynn said in other thread. Pujols was high trajectory but once to Angels he kinda lost it. 

Interesting note with Pujols, I am friends with a second cousin of his, basically her grandmother was one of the aunts that helped raise him

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I have a hard time adding Bonds, ARod, Clemens. And as you pointed out in the other thread a lot of these guys are before my time except. Rivera, ARod, Bonds, Jeter, Red's Griffey, Pujols. To me Henderson is still remembered as a speed guy, Ripken as a iron man, Boggs is only remembered for my generation for that story, Maddux, Johnson, Pedro I completely agree on them being ranked high. Jeter, I am mixed. Gwynn said in other thread. Pujols was high trajectory but once to Angels he kinda lost it. 

Interesting note with Pujols, I am friends with a second cousin of his, basically her grandmother was one of the aunts that helped raise him

Yeah it is all fun discussion. Trout is a great player but that contract is insane lmao . I think Harper's is too. Bryant's contract has me scared when that is due. I hope Theo keeps him unless he just becomes injury prone. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I will be watching the beginning part of the Cubs game, but have class at 4 which I am leaving early to go to a dinner. Will watch weekend games for sure

Enjoy. I have most of the day off tomorrow except when the Mets are playing. I have a training from 1 to 4 EST which is when the Mets game is taking place. 

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it is all fun discussion. Trout is a great player but that contract is insane lmao . I think Harper's is too. Bryant's contract has me scared when that is due. I hope Theo keeps him unless he just becomes injury prone. 

Ya anything that big is gonna be insane, but remember how much money they bring in. It changes of course haha

• Like 2

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

What is everyone doing for Opening Day? 

Had classes, using MLB.tv to watch Phillies/Braves and then at 3 will watch Cubs/Rangers until I have to go to class at 4 and then keep track on my phone

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Looks like I will miss most Saturday afternoon games since ND and Jackie Young will be in Sweet 16 Action at 3 CST 

My college is Playing Stanford at 5 CST

• Like 2

Just now, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Had classes, using MLB.tv to watch Phillies/Braves and then at 3 will watch Cubs/Rangers until I have to go to class at 4 and then keep track on my phone

I am visiting my parents and eating a huge Bratwurst right now. Following all the games. Cubs will be on here in about 45 minutes.

3 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

My college is Playing Stanford at 5 CST

Would love a Mo State win over Stanford esp. if ND wins

My Alma Mater Southern Indiana could be playing for the Division II Men’s Basketball Championship about the same time in their home town

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Would love a Mo State win over Stanford esp. if ND wins

My Alma Mater Southern Indiana could be playing for the Division II Men’s Basketball Championship about the same time in their home town

I would too, it is interesting watching them play. First time since 2001 they made sweet sixteen

That be fun one for you guys

• NFLfan changed the title to Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic
  • NFLfan locked this topic