Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Report: Mets and Jacob deGrom agree to five-year contract extension

 

Link: Mets Extend deGrom  :scoregood:

 

:yahoo::excited:

The Cubs make a counter move by signing Kyle Hendricks to a 4 year plus a vesting option http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26365496/cubs-starter-hendricks-gets-4-year-extension

 

 

Less than 48 hours till opening day for the remaining 28 clubs!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

@NFLfan I am officially going to Toronto May 19-23 with Blue Jays game against the Red Sox one of the days

 

That should be a lot of fun. Let me know how you like the stadium. Enjoy.

 

Will anyone be watching the games live or in real time on Thursday?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

 

That should be a lot of fun. Let me know how you like the stadium. Enjoy.

 

Will anyone be watching the games live or in real time on Thursday?

Will do, Just got the tickets, left field foul line. May 20 1:07 vs the Red Sox.

 

 

I will be watching the beginning part of the Cubs game, but have class at 4 which I am leaving early to go to a dinner. Will watch weekend games for sure

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mike Trout is a great player but how great is he? Does he deserve the contract he got? He has been in the league 8 years and his teams have never won a playoff series or a game in the playoffs. He has a lifetime batting avg of .307.

 

Off the top of my head these players were better all-time in my lifetime:

Barry Bonds

Mike Schmidt

Tony Gwynn

Rickey Henderson

Pete Rose

Derek Jeter

Alex (AROD)

Ken Griffey JR

Albert Pujols

Cal Ripken JR

Wade Boggs - he even once drink 30 beers on an airplane lmao 

*Pitching wise - Roger Clemens, Greg Maddux, Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, and Mariano Rivera were all more impactful and have rings playing a huge role. 

 

-I can make a strong argument that Mookie Betts is better now in today's league.

 

-I am not saying Kris Bryant is better than Mike Trout but he does have a ring and an MVP already in only 4 years played. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Mike Trout is a great player but how great is he? Does he deserve the contract he got? He has been in the league 8 years and his teams have never won a playoff series or a game in the playoffs. He has a lifetime batting avg of .307.

 

Off the top of my head these players were better all-time in my lifetime:

Barry Bonds

Mike Schmidt

Tony Gwynn

Rickey Henderson

Pete Rose

Derek Jeter

Alex (AROD)

Ken Griffey JR

Albert Pujols

Cal Ripken JR

Wade Boggs - he even once drink 30 beers on an airplane lmao 

*Pitching wise - Roger Clemens, Greg Maddux, Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, and Mariano Rivera were all more impactful and have rings playing a huge role. 

 

-I can make a strong argument that Mookie Betts is better now in today's league.

 

-I am not saying Kris Bryant is better than Mike Trout but he does have a ring and an MVP already in only 4 years played. 

 

I have a hard time adding Bonds, ARod, Clemens. And as you pointed out in the other thread a lot of these guys are before my time except. Rivera, ARod, Bonds, Jeter, Red's Griffey, Pujols. To me Henderson is still remembered as a speed guy, Ripken as a iron man, Boggs is only remembered for my generation for that story, Maddux, Johnson, Pedro I completely agree on them being ranked high. Jeter, I am mixed. Gwynn said in other thread. Pujols was high trajectory but once to Angels he kinda lost it. 

 

Interesting note with Pujols, I am friends with a second cousin of his, basically her grandmother was one of the aunts that helped raise him

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I have a hard time adding Bonds, ARod, Clemens. And as you pointed out in the other thread a lot of these guys are before my time except. Rivera, ARod, Bonds, Jeter, Red's Griffey, Pujols. To me Henderson is still remembered as a speed guy, Ripken as a iron man, Boggs is only remembered for my generation for that story, Maddux, Johnson, Pedro I completely agree on them being ranked high. Jeter, I am mixed. Gwynn said in other thread. Pujols was high trajectory but once to Angels he kinda lost it. 

 

Interesting note with Pujols, I am friends with a second cousin of his, basically her grandmother was one of the aunts that helped raise him

Yeah it is all fun discussion. Trout is a great player but that contract is insane lmao . I think Harper's is too. Bryant's contract has me scared when that is due. I hope Theo keeps him unless he just becomes injury prone. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I will be watching the beginning part of the Cubs game, but have class at 4 which I am leaving early to go to a dinner. Will watch weekend games for sure

 

Enjoy. I have most of the day off tomorrow except when the Mets are playing. I have a training from 1 to 4 EST which is when the Mets game is taking place. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it is all fun discussion. Trout is a great player but that contract is insane lmao . I think Harper's is too. Bryant's contract has me scared when that is due. I hope Theo keeps him unless he just becomes injury prone. 

Ya anything that big is gonna be insane, but remember how much money they bring in. It changes of course haha

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

What is everyone doing for Opening Day? 

Had classes, using MLB.tv to watch Phillies/Braves and then at 3 will watch Cubs/Rangers until I have to go to class at 4 and then keep track on my phone

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Looks like I will miss most Saturday afternoon games since ND and Jackie Young will be in Sweet 16 Action at 3 CST 

My college is Playing Stanford at 5 CST

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Had classes, using MLB.tv to watch Phillies/Braves and then at 3 will watch Cubs/Rangers until I have to go to class at 4 and then keep track on my phone

I am visiting my parents and eating a huge Bratwurst right now. Following all the games. Cubs will be on here in about 45 minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Had classes, using MLB.tv to watch Phillies/Braves and then at 3 will watch Cubs/Rangers until I have to go to class at 4 and then keep track on my phone

My college is Playing Stanford at 5 CST

Would love a Mo State win over Stanford esp. if ND wins

    My Alma Mater Southern Indiana could be playing for the Division II Men’s Basketball Championship about the same time in their home town

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Would love a Mo State win over Stanford esp. if ND wins

    My Alma Mater Southern Indiana could be playing for the Division II Men’s Basketball Championship about the same time in their home town

I would too, it is interesting watching them play. First time since 2001 they made sweet sixteen

 

 

That be fun one for you guys

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • NFLfan changed the title to Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic
  • NFLfan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • https://tenor.com/842q.gif   Scuba diving in the Caribbean, followed by... https://tenor.com/yfOM.gif
    • Steelers at 6-5-1 can be thought of as 6.5-5.5 (a tie is half win and half loss) and therefore mathematically slightly ahead of us right now.  Also, for the record the phrase is “death knell” and not “ death nail.”
    • The questions are very fair and really are what a fan forum is about, after all if you cant raise those issues here then where else do you do that?   Ultimately though, the premise is entirely subjective. What is balance? Balance to me isnt balance to you, and is different from balance to Frank Reich. Not too long ago, there were threads questioning why we were being conservative with JT, even though at the time he was on pace to average on the higher end of RB carries (i think he was on pace to have the 2nd most carries only behind Henry), now we have games where the complaints are about how he didnt get a carry at X point in the game, and then why he had over X number of carries (even though the bye week is next week and he gets a deserved rest), then next time it'll be why Hines got Y carry not JT, then why we passed 9 times on a certain drive instead of dotting in one run, it is one thing or the other.   At some point when 75% of what Frank Reich does brings up question marks, you start to wonder what a dog is really barking about. It sure isnt his football coaching, the results over the years have him as a top 5 (and t the minimum top 10) offensive mind in the league and lets not pretend Indianapolis has had a coach like that in a long time, if ever. It's one thing with Peyton leaving star dust on every player and coach he touched while here, it's another thing entirely when Carson Wentz, JT, and Pittman are carrying the burden every week, and dusting every defense and DC regardless of pre-game ranking.    Can we be better? Yes. Have we had a mind like Frank Reich here before? If we have, please point out that man to me. Can we play even better? Yes. Will there always be a talking point? Even if we win the SB, i get the feeling the answer is a sound yes. It's all subjective.
    • Everytime i see Darius Leonard say "This is a must win" we always lose that game.  Im leery of the so called must win game. Lol!
  • Members

    • lincolndefan

      lincolndefan 70

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • adubb84

      adubb84 508

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • trisca01

      trisca01 0

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MFT5

      MFT5 234

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Colt.45

      Colt.45 1,178

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MPStack

      MPStack 4,623

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nadine

      Nadine 7,103

      Administrators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Jack86

      Jack86 21

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • pgt_rob

      pgt_rob 875

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • HoosierHero

      HoosierHero 124

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...