Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cubs win! Sorry NFLFan....you are a good friend of mine on here, so I will keep the celebration short and sweet....but you know I have to do this, kind of my thing.....

2EB90052-D80B-4E01-832A-45B56FEB4981.jpeg

13 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Cubs win! Sorry NFLFan....you are a good friend of mine on here, so I will keep the celebration short and sweet....but you know I have to do this, kind of my thing.....

2EB90052-D80B-4E01-832A-45B56FEB4981.jpeg

We need to keep the wins coming because the whole NL Central is competitive. Good win tonight.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We need to keep the wins coming because the whole NL Central is competitive. Good win tonight.

Yes it is Cards won 10 - 8 on a walk off 3 run homer , they seem to own Vasquez . Yadier Molina will be back around first of the week I believe . Im looking forward to getting him back , he just handles pitchers so much better than most do . You don't really see it until they are missing , but it is a real big deal.  

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

:hulk:Man, it will be awful in NYC next week when the Mets play the Yankees. I will need to go into hiding :peek:

Is it football season yet?

(Lol. I am fine. haha)

I don't know but to me Pro Baseball is the best sport going. I have always put Football #1 but over the last 2 or 3 years I have leaned toward Baseball as my #1. It just has more parity and being a Cubs fan helps in my case as they just won a WS and they are Good this year as well. Pro Football is still 2nd, Pro Basketball is 3rd to me. I think I am just tired of the Patriots being in the SB every year too, that doesn't help.

The Mets need to start a youth movement. Get rid of anyone over 27 except deGrom. 

Lol. On the radio, the sports talk show host who is a Mets fan said, "If you're a Mets fan, you did not want to wake up this morning... You want football season to start." He is ranting, "This team stinks... The Mets bullpen is the epitome of a dumpster fire..." :rantoff:

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't know but to me Pro Baseball is the best sport going. I have always put Football #1 but over the last 2 or 3 years I have leaned toward Baseball as my #1. It just has more parity and being a Cubs fan helps in my case as they just won a WS and they are Good this year as well. Pro Football is still 2nd, Pro Basketball is 3rd to me. I think I am just tired of the Patriots being in the SB every year too, that doesn't help.

Football is my favorite for sure. I like baseball too. I don't follow much basketball or hockey. I used to watch tennis and golf, but not so much anymore. I still like watching great golf tournaments like the Masters and The Players Championship. 

I rarely watch soccer unless it is the World Cup, as many of my friends like soccer. Even then, I don't enjoy watching it.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Football is my favorite for sure. I like baseball too. I don't follow much basketball or hockey. I used to watch tennis and golf, but not so much anymore. I still like watching great golf tournaments like the Masters and The Players Championship. 

I rarely watch soccer unless it is the World Cup, as many of my friends like soccer. Even then, I don't enjoy watching it.

Up until recently for my entire adult hood going back to when I was 18, I have always had Football #1 and between Basketball and Baseball I have gone back and forth for the 2nd spot. As of now I really put Pro Baseball #1, Pro Football #2, with Pro Basketball #3. Baseball just has more parity, there are at least 10 teams that can win it all. Heck the freakin Braves or BrewCrew could even win it all this season LOL. It's a lot tougher for the UMPS to cheat in Baseball too for certain teams now that Replay has been installed - they always get the Out and Safe calls right anyway. In Football and Basketball you see bad calls a lot more. Basketball is the worse REFS wise. Colts are still my favorite all-time team with the Pacers and Cubs pretty much tied for 2nd. I just think Baseball has the best league going. Changing the HFA rule was huge too, to team with the best record gets it in the WS. Nothing like the Baseball Playoffs either. That even brings out the novice Baseball watcher.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's a lot tougher for the UMPS to cheat in Baseball too for certain teams now

I was thinking of that this morning. I agree except when it comes to balls and strikes.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I was thinking of that this morning. I agree except when it comes to balls and strikes.

Yeah that still could alter a game for sure but it's real noticeable when an Ump is being terrible calling Balls and Strikes. They do have bad calls sometimes where it favors certain teams there but it isn't often.

Tonight's Mets pitcher Jacob deGrom has a 0.45 ERA over his last 7 starts. He only has two wins to show for it (no losses). That says something about our offense and our bullpen. It must be very frustrating for these starters. 

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Tonight's Mets pitcher Jacob deGrom has a 0.45 ERA over his last 7 starts. He only has two wins to show for it (no losses). That says something about our offense and our bullpen. It must be very frustrating for these starters. 

Mets Should work a trade for deGrom...I have great 3 for 1 trade for you, really hate to see these guys go but....

Wilson

Chatwood

Darvish 

And NO RIZZO!!!!!:P

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Up until recently for my entire adult hood going back to when I was 18, I have always had Football #1 and between Basketball and Baseball I have gone back and forth for the 2nd spot. As of now I really put Pro Baseball #1, Pro Football #2, with Pro Basketball #3. Baseball just has more parity, there are at least 10 teams that can win it all. Heck the freakin Braves or BrewCrew could even win it all this season LOL. It's a lot tougher for the UMPS to cheat in Baseball too for certain teams now that Replay has been installed - they always get the Out and Safe calls right anyway. In Football and Basketball you see bad calls a lot more. Basketball is the worse REFS wise. Colts are still my favorite all-time team with the Pacers and Cubs pretty much tied for 2nd. I just think Baseball has the best league going. Changing the HFA rule was huge too, to team with the best record gets it in the WS. Nothing like the Baseball Playoffs either. That even brings out the novice Baseball watcher.

There are more than 10 who could win baseball , we still have a lot of season to go , and you don't need to win the division. If you even just squeak in and are playing hot you can win it. Pitching staffs become condensed and weakness there can go away along with people swinging a hot bat walah you win it all. 

1 hour ago, GOZER said:

Mets Should work a trade for deGrom...I have great 3 for 1 trade for you, really hate to see these guys go but....

Wilson

Chatwood

Darvish 

Lol that's a good one . 

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah that still could alter a game for sure but it's real noticeable when an Ump is being terrible calling Balls and Strikes. They do have bad calls sometimes where it favors certain teams there but it isn't often.

I have seen it several times already the ump Sqeezing the zone on younger pitchers for the Cards and others , where the vet gets the call . That is up to the Catcher to address this and a veteran Catcher vs a rookie makes a difference in that as well. That's baseball !

3 hours ago, GOZER said:

Wilson

Chatwood

Darvish 

This made me laugh a lot. :lol:

27 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Sorry @NFLfan that was a good game for 13 innings (haha sorry to easy) Did you end up staying up watching it?

I hated those announcers, they were so annoying and brought nothing to the game, I wish we could avoid the fox broadcast. 

@2006Coltsbestever @GOZER back to playing screw the closer! In 14th even

No, I did not see the game. I was out with friends and two of my sisters. Just got home a little while ago. I guess the Mets lost. :(

Cubs win in 14 Innngs, I missed the game but glad to see we outlasted the Mets in a marathon. I was hoping for 3 out of 4 in this series, we may get all 4? Eventhough the Cubs are 3 games out of 1st place in the NL Central (which isn't much, it's only June) they are 4th overall in the NL = 1st Wildcard spot as of now. LIke Jay was saying all you need to do is get into the Playoffs and anything can happen. The NL Central may get both Wildcards this season. All 3 - Brewers, Cubs, and Cards are all Good.

Now that we are into June, here's a look at the current NL Standings as of June 2nd:

#1 Seed would be the BrewCrew at 37-22 - Central

#2 Seed would be the Braves at 34-24 - East

#3 Seed would be the D-Backs at 30-27 - West

-Those are the 3 Division leaders

#4 Seed would be the Cubs at 32-23 (Wildcard) - Central

#5 Seed would be the Nats at 33-24 (Wildcard) - East

-It will be fun to go back and look at where these teams stand at the All-Star break in July.

56 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Well while we're wheelin and dealing, maybe you guys could throw in Familia? Even trade for Strop? What do you say? 

Ha. You can have Familia. But I want a top prospect from the minors in return. Sounds like Strop is not good if you are so willing to give him away. 

Everyone on the Mets is available for a trade except deGrom and Syndergaard. I like Lugo too but maybe he can bring us a top prospect. 

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding trying to trade for deGrom, it depends on what the Mets need per position but I would trade anyone on the team for him except Bryant and Rizzo. It would take multiple Players/Prospects but that is ok. Cubs are in win now mode.

It's not happening. The Mets would lose all the fans if they gave up deGrom.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Ha. You can have Familia. But I want a top prospect from the minors in return. Sounds like Strop is not good if you are so willing to give him away. 

Everyone on the Mets is available for a trade except deGrom and Syndergaard. I like Lugo too but maybe he can bring us a top prospect. 

I dont know why he doesn't like Strop, outside of when he pitches against the Cardinals he is pretty good, and also an interesting character

Archived